[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uncharted Waters (SNES) does not use X and Y or the trigger buttons.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: uncharted.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
Uncharted Waters (SNES) does not use X and Y or the trigger buttons. What was the "reference" system for the game, the system the game was originally developed for, before being ported to other platforms?
>>
>>3349420
How about NES?

>american cover
Every time.
But still, there is some charm.
>>
>>3349423
>Every time.
I started this thread because I'm reading the SNES manual, about to play the game. As an image is required, I did a GIS for Uncharted Waters, and grabbed the first image that was not a screenshot or New Horizons. I am not aware of differences between the covers or versions
>>
>>3349427
>I am not aware of differences between the covers
Dude, don't worry, there's nothing special about Uncharted Waters cover. That's a common thing when covers get different from their Japanese originals.
>>
>>3349435
is the japanese version even called Uncharted Waters?
>>
>>3349435
Oh wait, I'm just retarted, KOEI specially made Western-style art. Coves are no different.
>>
>>3349442
Daikoukai Jidai (大航海時代) which translates to the age of great navigation and could be roughed up to the age of sale/discovery/exloration.

The game was originally made for the PC8801.
This is the cover for at least the Famicom.
>>
>>3349467
The english manual has a section called "The Age of Exploration"

I don't think I'm ready for a PCanything version, so I guess the SNES it is
>>
>>3349485
It's also on MSX, Megadrive, FM Towns, X68000 Macintosh and Windows. Apparently mobile phones as well
>>
>>3349504
I noticed. Spent a couple hours a few days ago to learn about the different versions of UW and its successor. Eventually went with the SNES variants. They don't feel "native", but the Genesis variants don't seem to be that stellar either.
>>
>>3349467
>port of a computer game
I'm just now noticing that the SNES got a ton of computer ports. DOS, Amiga, and a few japanese computer games as well. The list gets even longer if you count JP or PAL only releases. Too bad the Mouse wasn't released earlier, we might have seen more compatibility with these ports.
>>
File: daikoukaijidaii.gif (7KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
daikoukaijidaii.gif
7KB, 640x400px
>>3349580
The PC88 version didn't have mouse support since they weren't common accessories for the system but the PC98 one does.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.