[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's SNES emulation on Wii as of now? I remember that it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
How's SNES emulation on Wii as of now? I remember that it was really damn stuttery when it began, but more than 5 years have passed.

Are there any games that it can't play fine? Star Fox 2 for example?
>>
Runs pretty great. I hadn't found any issues and it's great to use component out cables
>>
>>3343713
Nothing like slowdowns or something like that? I would use my PC, but it cannot go through 240p on an old TV.
>>
Honestly, it plays perfectly for me. Have had 0 problems and I've beat Kirby Superstar and Yoshi's Island
>>
It's close to flawless - Snes9xGX and Retroarch are the two to use. Your mileage may vary on which is the best, though if you want to play Star Fox 2 in particular Retroarch has a SuperFX Overclock setting which is just great.
>>
>>3343783
Really? Kirby games don't run well in my Wii, should I use Snes9xGX instead of Retroarch or something?
>>
>>3343862
SNES9xGX is considered better in Wii, yes. Also, you've got multiple Virtual Console games for the Kirby games, too.
>>
>VBA GX has gameboy color colorizations, but uneven unblurred pixels
>Gnuboy has even filtered pixels, but no gameboy colorizations
>>
>>3343691
It's pretty damn solid, not perfect, but more than playable. SuperFX games suck on SNES9xGX, but it sounds like RetroArch will handle those if you're dying to play them.
>>
The fact it can let you play games in original resolution means the picture quality is fucking superb.

It's also very high quality and most games run great. I've had issues with booting the occasional game, but mostly just scene demos and japanese rips- games somebody with only an extreme collection would even try playing.
>>
>>3343691
It hasn't improved much and a few posts by fanboiz with low standards won't change that fact. But even 5 years ago it wasn't that bad. It plays plenty of SFC (or in your sad case SNES) games fine. This includes the game you discovered on youtube and are to desperate to twitch, or whatever.
>>
>>3343691
but

the controller
>>
File: Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg (2MB, 3640x2020px) Image search: [Google]
Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg
2MB, 3640x2020px
>>3344250
What about it?
>>
>>3344250
If a wireless controller bothers you that much, you can use a wired PS3 controller on the Wii on some emulators (even the not retro Gamecube via Nintendon't) like Retroarch
>>
>>3343691
It's pretty good , check out on gbatemp forums

HOWEVER Starfox and Mario Yoshi Island needs "SuperFX overclock"
>>
>>3343964
>VBA GX

https://mgba.io/
mGBA is almost 100% compatible with GBA and Game Boy color games
>>
>>3344258
That thing is shit.
>>
>>3344348
Does it colorize games with Gameboy Color/Super Gameboy support, though? Like Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Pokemon Red?

>>3344350
Why?
>>
>>3344353
I don't know but I think it does
>>
>>3344353
Mushy main shoulder buttons, stiff D-pad, poor shape, the second pair of shoulder buttons are too small and in a bad place.
>>
>>3344369
>the second pair of shoulder buttons are too small and in a bad place
Good thing you don't need them for SNES games.
And good thing the Classic Controller Pro fixes those issues.
>>
File: B002TLTBN0.01.lg.jpg (107KB, 878x550px) Image search: [Google]
B002TLTBN0.01.lg.jpg
107KB, 878x550px
>>3344369
>>3344250
pic related fixes all of those, and is comfty.

Plus there are wiimote or gamecube adapters for other controllers.
>>
>>3344392
>left analog stick still in the wrong position

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What is even the point of running an NES/SNES emulator on the Wii?
>>
>>3344135
Stop typing like an elitist faggot. It was completely unnecessary to sound like an ass carrot while answering the OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 284x177px
>>3344425
This!

Aren't most of the popular games released as VC games? I think the wii is a comfy as hell emulation box. Plus you get the added bonus of playing some nice hidden jems like pic related.
>>
>>3344425

For me it's emulating on a nice CRT tv, with pretty good emulators that run smoothly.
>>
>>3344369
You just have to wear the D-pad in for it to be good. The shoulder buttons really are a mystery though.
>>
>>3344425
CRT and on-couch multiplayer, and I've got it on the same machine as my Gamboy games, Genesis games, SMS games, gamegear games, atari 2600 games, zx spectrum games, plenty of N64 games, and also Gamecube & Wii games.
>>
>>3344469
>ur an elitist bcuz u used werds i dont no
What do we call these sad sad little toddlets who are worse than a millennial?
>>
>>3344291
you can use a gc controller but need the wiimote to start the hbc they also make snes repops with gc connectors. Thats what I have.
RA snes config
512x448 res,bilinear off "scanlines 512" filter @ 60% and 40mhz sfx oc works great for me.
>>
>>3344607
Go back to /v/ if you want to be a dick for no reason
>>
>>3344135
>>3344469
>>3344607
>ur an elitist bcuz u used werds i dont no

>to desperate to twitch
>to desperate to twitch
: >
>>
>>3344469
>>3344649
Why did you reply? Just report fragrant shitposting you morons, don't fuel the fire.
>>
>>3344258
input lag on dis thing
>>
>>3344135
wew lad
>>
>>3344135
Are you trolling or are you really just a cunt?
>>
>>3344413
The only games it could arguably be an issue for are non retro ones, just buy the appropriate xbox for your non retro gaming needs.
>>
>3344469
>3344649
>3344772
>3344780
Not trolling, definitely a cunt, sorry you have an inferiority complex. older than your dad. Not necessarily in that order, applies equally to all kidposts.
>>
>>3344826
>older than your dad.
And you're still immature enough to look down on people over how they play vidya. Honestly, that's sad.
>>
Jesus what a faggot. I bet he stayed up all night stroking his little piggly wiggly penis working on the zingers and thinking "wow, those guise on 4chan are gonna think I'm so cool and I'll finally fit in and be part of the group and now my ex wife's son will finally think I am tough and my mom will definitely buy me that Pokémon hat and that special edition goretex fedora. Iamsolonelyomgpleasekillme."
>>
>>3344873
Looking down on foolish kids isn't immature or sad kiddo it's the way the world works. If you ever leave your safe space you'll learn that.
>>
>>3345585
Looking down on subjects like playing vidya is sad though
>>
>>3343691
Retroarch with snes9gx is best, but I gave up on it since v1.3x messed up my chrono trigger save. I lost about 3 hours of gameplay and rage quit. It's been 7 months now since I've touched the wii. Basically the internal save was buggered and the game forgets everything for me unless I saved at spekkio. It would also crash the wii trying to save state. Was wondering whether they have fixed these issues, but wii emu, esp retroarch has always been buggy for me.
>>
>>3345678
Sad for you maybe, because you're the baby being made fun of. The adults here are getting a fit of giggles watching an underage discover that 4chan isn't a safe space.
>>
>>3345680
some games still crash with savestates or wont launch at all. resolution saves now though. it's still a piece of shit but sfx oc and scanlines keep me coming back.
>>
>>3344884
I kek'd
>>
>>3344884

You'd be very disappointed to know what I really look like

First of all, Fedoras with stripes on them are pretty gay. It's trying too hard. I have four different fedoras, but they're all solid. You want the stylish trad look, but don't want to draw excessive attention to the fedora. Ideally, one's persona and look will result in the fedora melding with the head in the eyes of the audience, such that it becomes as permanent (yet, as unassuming) as one's hair (provided the hair is styled in a traditional manner). Stripes make the audience say "there's that guy with the fedora again," whereas something less flashy allows the fedora and all its subtext to seamlessly merge with the wearer. Of course even the perfect vessel for the fedora will ultimately fail if he is in possession of equal parts huge doses of awesomeness, self-conscious quirkiness and sensitivity, and I have cultivated vast store of all of these traits.

Secondly, if one is to have a soul patch, it must be fuller and more robust than the wispy tuft in the photo. Mine is larger and denser, and I've found that a light application of wax or even hair gel can allow for the stylish manipulation of it, such that it appears masculine, but not *too* masculine.

Also: one should carry an acoustic guitar with him everywhere that it is feasible. Women like nothing more than a trendy but sensitive man strumming trendy but sensitive songs on park bench, or street corner.
>>
File: 1466518602463.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1466518602463.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>3346517
OP here, fantastic job coolkid anon
>>
>>3346517
Hang yourself with your suspenders you hipster piece of shit.
>>
>>3344250
I use the Mayflash NES/SNES adapter and got no problems.
>>
>>3343719
if you don't use filters it works great. filters dog down anything not 8bit.
>>
>>3344710
>fragrant
lel
>>
>>3343862
>>3343783
Just get/DL the Wii Kirby Collection
>>
>>3344258
This thing gets too much hate, I love the fat d-pad, but the shoulder buttons are painful to use sometimes
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.