[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite scenario? Leon A is pure kino for me >So... this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png (131KB, 323x308px) Image search: [Google]
NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png
131KB, 323x308px
Favorite scenario?

Leon A is pure kino for me

>So... this is what everyone's been dying for...
>>
>>3343251
>kino
what's this mean
>>
>>3343253
/tv/ memespeak.
>>
>>3343265
well what does it mean
>>
>>3343285
It means Kino.
>>
>>
File: keno-play-314x235.jpg (40KB, 314x235px) Image search: [Google]
keno-play-314x235.jpg
40KB, 314x235px
>>3343253
>>3343285
It's slang for Keno, basically it means you picked the right number, or if something is really satisfying
>>
Why do people using slang I don't understand annoy me so much?
>>
>>3344216
Because watching other people "try hard' to "fit in" so they can feel "cool" and "accepted" as part of a group is not only pitiful, it is downright disgusting and shameful. Makes me embarrassed to be part of the same species.

The overuse of quotes was on purpose.
>>
>>3343251
Yeah either Leon A or B.

It's not so much the story, but the fact that you have; a shotgun (a hallmark of Resident Evil and zombies in general) and upgrades for the shotgun which turns it into a torso-ripping head-make-a-disapperer.

Claire's grenade launcher and bow gun is a joke. And the kid's annoying.
>>
File: Qte_3.jpg (9KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Qte_3.jpg
9KB, 300x240px
whats the fucking point of having to beat the game twice? i think they were trying too hard to make a different game system that would give replay value and ended imposing the different possible games in a single play.

maybe they needed it to achieve the master piece that re3 is, but still...
>>
>>3343251
Resident Evil 2, whole thing, is one of my favorite games period. Just beat it again earlier today. Leon A is the best one, I agree, although Leon B is really nearly the same.

>>3344857
You're right as to why Leon is better than Claire. If only Claire had the shotgun... Her weapons are so much unfun. Leon also has the magnum which is fun. And upgrades for all his weapons. If Claire had upgrades for hers to it would be a different story for her.

>>3344861
Beating the game twice is a great part. The first scenario is already pretty much perfect but then to go through with a different character where it's slightly different and you see the whole thing makes it come together so well.
>>
>>3344861
The problem with RE2 isn't that you have to play it "twice", RE1 has a two characters system that works really well.

The problem is the scenario system in RE2, and the fact that if you want to see everything you have to play it FOUR times.

The thing is, if you compare to RE1 and 3, the scenarios are very static in 2. There is no different routes, no different cutscenes, different boss battles, etc and that's the problem, it's as if you'd take RE1, make a "A" scenario where Barry/Rebecca dies and there is no boss fight on the helipad, and then make a "B" scenario where they live and you get that bossfight. It's artificial length and it's made worse by how static it renders each scenario, especially when 90% of each is the same.

In RE2, the "A" scenarios shouldn't even exist, there should only be "Leon" and "Claire" scenarios, and the difference between our "A" and "B" would trigger depending on the player's actions. That would fix the game.
>>
>>3343253

German for cinema, as in cinematic experience.

Source : not me, I'm Dutch.
>>
>>3344913
>you have to play it FOUR times.
FOUR WHOLE TIMES! HEAVEN FORFEND!

God FORBID I should have to spend more than THREE HOURS of my life on a SINGLE GAME!
>>
>>3344913
Well if you care at all about the story then only disc 2 is canon (Claire A, Leon B), otherwise disc 1 is more fun and you can just stop after that.

The only thing that bothers me is the timing of each scenario doesn't line up.
>>
>>3344947
You're completely off the point. I've played RE1, 2 and 3 at least 100 times each.

My point is the way the scenario system works is just artificial length, and it makes the game worse for it. 90% of all scenarios are the same thing, so if you want to see everything you have to play four times these same, static scenarios just to see bits that change.

Besides, even like I said you got rid of A scenarios and had the A/B stuff trigger or not depending on the players action, you'd still end up with less variable and possible things than in RE1 and 3. It's pretending they have a lot more, when they have less, and people fall for it.

I still don't know how people are okay with this kind of things Also the difference between A and B scenarios kind of remind me of how "difficulty" settings worked in some games like Double Dragon 2 on NES, where you don't get the last level unless you play on Hard. Now Image if you were forced to play it on Normal first, with the missing last level, every time you want to replay the whole game.
>>
Guys what the fuck are you talking about playing it four times.

If you finish Leon A and thought you were done, guess what faggot, you only half finished the game. Leon A+Claire B= Finished the game.

Claire A+Leon B is just the alternate reality hardmode for faggots who wanna play more (because why would you ever wanna play RE more than once jesus I can't even)
>>
>>3344981
Pretty much this, and it's not like the game it's too long or anything.
At least you get to ser different locations not like in RE 1 where you go through the same places just with different NPCs.
>>
>>3344981
>Claire A+Leon B
>alternate reality
>>
>>3344991
The number of "unique" rooms per character can be counted on one hand.
>>
>>3344968
There's an overwhelming amount of games that are completely linear, many retro games regarded as classics are completely identical on every play through.

Why wouldn't people be ok with only slight differences?
>>
>>3345038
What's so hard to understand about what I'm saying?

Have you guys played RE1 and 3 more than once? You should have noticed that you can get plenty different stuff trigger depending on your action.

In RE2 the player is locked out of that. Those differences don't happen depending on your actions, on your decisions, but just on what scenario you choose to begin with, and each scenario is completely static while also all being roughly 90% the same.

I think it's better for replayability to have all possibilities in one scenario; and I think there is a reason why many games have done it the way RE1 did and I can't think of a single game that uses the scenario system of RE2.
For instance where there are two endings, NO game would have choose between "scenario ending A" and "scenario ending B", but instead of one or the other trigger depending on what the player does in a single scenario.
>>
>>3345048
We understand your complaint, we just don't really care. We're happy to play through each static,largely identical scenario.
>>
>>3345048
Once you know how to get the best ending, why would you replay the game to get a worst ending? You will end up playing the same scenario over and over again.
>>
Claire had the better cutscenes, if that's what you're asking for.
>>
>>3345076
>We
>we
>We're

Speak for yourself you absolute faggot
>>
I've actually played through Leon A - Claire B at least 20 times, but I have never played Claire A - Leon B. After unlocking weapons and Tofu I just never got around to it.
>>
>>3345253
If you know what you're doing, you could do an RE game in 2-3 hours no problem.
>>
>>3345575
tbqh I've replayed RE2 more than RE3 because I get a choice between characters and their A or B scenarios.

RE3 doesn't change much based on your choices or how you play, and when you get it down to how you prefer it, you can just do the same thing over and over
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466489563784.jpg (13KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466489563784.jpg
13KB, 480x512px
>mfw I actually saved the machine gun for Claire
>mfw all I got was bonus points.

Not sure what I was really expecting, maybe something cool for the B scenario, but bonus points were a little disappointing.
>>
>>3346024
>>mfw all I got was bonus points.

Huh?
>>
>>3346103
Correction, it gave me a better completion rank.
>>
I think everyone has been playing Leon A on their first run

However Claire A/Leon B are the best scenarios, the one more kiss scene is really heartbreaking, especially for a ps1 game
>>
>>33450481
I agree that when a modern games does this, it's fucking insufferable (see: 999), but with RE2 at its time of release, the replayability was genuinely welcome
>>
>>3346769
Same. It's a more realistic scenario too and it fits in better with the overall Resident Evil story.

Also that ending and final-final boss was way better.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.