[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do these look like your average chinese soap repros or do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 20160706_170748.jpg (1MB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_170748.jpg
1MB, 1536x2560px
do these look like your average chinese soap repros or do they look like quality ones?

I got them all for $100 and i woulve never ever pay what the original carts for these games go for so...

anyways... just wanting to know if these would be long lasting or disintegrate in 6 months.
>>
Better get those out of the sun dude. But they're better than the glop-tops that are 99% of chinese NES/Famicom carts.
>>
You could've gotten an Everdrive for half that, why?
>>
>>3341648
Those aren't Chinese. Those use a cart creation PCB from Mortoff Games. Chinese ones use way cheaper boards.
>>
>>3341760
Follow up, whoever made them is a drooling moron since most of them don't even have the chip window covered. UV light erases those chips. Hope you haven't been fucking around with them out of the shell too long, anon.
>>
>>3341760
so better quality and life expentancy?

>>3341764
took them out of the package just to take the picture, and put them back in the box after taking it.
>>
>>3341767
Quality, yes. Life expectancy? No. An EPROM is an EPROM. It will lose data eventually. Maybe not for decades but it will.
>>
>>3341772
Yeah, EPROMs are not permanent solutions, though to be fair they can be rewritten if they lose their data. However, if they are stored well and not abused, I do believe they hold data for quite some time. Plenty of 30 year+ arcade boards are still running on their original data burns.
>>
I hope you didn't pay much for those because four of them are probably fucked up now
>>
>>3341735
this

you fucking retard
>>
>>3341764
It's pretty shocking that they never even bothered to put stickers on the chips.
>>
>>3341885
Seriously. I mean fuck, even electrical tape is fine as long as it's covered.
>>
>>3341892
Black electrical tape is probably way better than a paper sticker. It blocks out light like nothing else.
>>
Yeah, definitely cover them, but I highly doubt that they're erased. I've received EPROMs that were written to over 20 years ago that were uncovered for presumably that entire time and hadn't been erased as a result.

But yes, do definitely cover them with electrical tape. No reason to risk it.
>>
>>3341760
They don't look anything like Mortoff PCBs
>>
>>3341918
It's the simple save PCB:
https://mortoffgames.com/boards.html

I'm not sure what the other one is with the unpopulated spot where the SRAM on the simple save cart is but it looks to be of the same make.
>>
>>3341858
just played them all before typing this, they work fine, youll need a high intensity uv source for a few minutes in order to actually damage the information.

Theres a reason why eprom ereasers take about an hour to erease them
>>
>>3342026
>youll need a high intensity uv source for a few minutes in order to actually damage the information.

I wouldn't presume, because entropy can be a real bitch. It could take minutes to lose anything important, or you could lose a crucial cell of data to plain old sunlight immediately.
>>
File: Simple_Save_Front.600.jpg (76KB, 600x349px) Image search: [Google]
Simple_Save_Front.600.jpg
76KB, 600x349px
>>3341938
I hope you're not seeing the same pictures are me because they look nothing alike. Just to be clear. This is the pic from the URL you posted. Is this what you see at that URL. Do you believe this looks anything like the carts in OPs pic? I mean aside from "they're green boards with chips on them"
>>
>>3342026
You do know the sun is a high intensity uv source right?
>>
>>3341648
Couldn't you just have gotten a flash cart?
>>
You people realize most shit doesnt reflect much UV light, right?

Unless OP had the chips outside in direct sunlight there is a 99% chance theyre fine.
>>
File: Simple_Save_Back.600.jpg (68KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
Simple_Save_Back.600.jpg
68KB, 600x357px
>>3342613
You do realize you're looking at the back of the PCB and OP's images are of the front right?

Although some of those PCBs seem to be of something else so he's not entirely correct.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (517KB, 763x574px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
517KB, 763x574px
>>3342902
The other PCBs appear to be from the same company but the boards themselves are not listed apparently. They seem to be called "Simple" PCBs
>>
>>3342782
Not in my room... Didnt take them to the beach.
>>
>>3342613
You're not a smart man, are you?
>>
>>3342989
>Not in my basement
FTFYK
>>
>>3342902
>You do realize
>millennial detected
I'm comparing the OP pic with the pics at the URL posted. They aren't the same. Some are closer than others but none are the same.

>>3343053
Obviously not. Only a stupid man could pick out differences between PCBs.
>>
>paying that much for repros
for what purpose
>>
>>3344075
>being too stupid to notice that OP's pic says "console front"
>being too stupid to notice that website pic says "console back"
>>
>>3344150
The website also has photos for the front view, and while similar, they aren't the same board layouts.
>>
>>3344634
see >>3342909
http://mortoffgames.com/files/How_to_choose_snes_pcb.pdf

The two with SRAM+batteries are "Simple Save" PCBs. The others without SRAM+batteries are called "Simple" PCBs. They're both sold by the same company but the "Simple" PCBs are currently not listed on that website. Might not be enough of them to fill orders.
>>
Can I use one of these repo PCBs for a legit game? I have a Super Mario World cartridge with a really jacked up PCB I'd like to replace if possible. The only other option I can think of is to find a shitty sports game and use the board from it but I don't want to render other games useless even if they're shit.

Also is there a place that sells cheap repo SNES PCBs?
>>
>>3344940
Not these. These are made for 16 bit EPROMs while the mask ROMs for an original cart will be 8-bit. Your best bet will be to use another SNES game as a donor. Here's a list of compatible games for Super Mario World:
http://jensma.de/snes__/index.php?search=9170
>>
>>3345220
That's unfortunate, well I guess I'll leave it alone then.
>>
>>3344150
>being too stupid to see anything more than the text
>>
>>3345616
I'm not sure at this point if you're trolling or not.
>>
>>3345647
We'll you can't tell the difference between a few pictures so it's no surprise your confused.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.