[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come there's NES-fans that are so overattached to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: NES-MissionCtrlRAMCart32K1.jpg (37KB, 400x445px) Image search: [Google]
NES-MissionCtrlRAMCart32K1.jpg
37KB, 400x445px
How come there's NES-fans that are so overattached to the NES and it's big-ass cartridges? I mean, it's basically an inferior Famicom.
>>
>>3341462
Because they look cool.
>>
>>3341478
They don't just look cool. They're RADICAL.
>>
Famicoms have hard wired controllers and are RF only.
>>
>>3341532
Not the AV Famicom.
>>
>>3341462
I can't decide if you kiddies obsessed with shit post memes or just fucking retarded.

Nintendo basically redesigned the Famicom for the west as reaction to the video game crash of '83 - neither consumer or retailer would stomach another games console at that time.

So Nintendo redesigned it to resemble something more like a VHS top loader and even called it an "entertainment system" to distance itself from previous game consoles as much as possible.
>>
File: sunglasses.gif (496KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.gif
496KB, 500x270px
>>3341515
They're radiCOOL
>>
>>3341462
>How come there's famicom-fans that are so overattached to the famicom and it's tiny-ass cartridges? I mean, it's basically an inferior NES.
Neat. I can change the words in your post and it's still of the same shit quality. There's no fixing it.
>>
>>3341676
It doesn't change the fact the OP is right though. The NES is a trash box compared to the glory of the Famicom.
>>
File: stop_liking_file.jpg (125KB, 321x360px) Image search: [Google]
stop_liking_file.jpg
125KB, 321x360px
Pictured: OP
>>
>>3341462
It's mostly just bandwagon collectors. People who enjoy playing and have done for a long time usually prefer the famicom.

>>3341532
I have one with wireless controllers and RGB bitch.

>>3341676
>I can change the words in your post and sound really retarded
Mission acomplished
>>
>>3341532
>hard wired controllers
While this is true there are controllers that plug into the 15pin port in the front on the original famicom. The AV famicom addressed both of those things though.
>>
After years of blowing in cartridges I decided to finally start giving my NES the care it deserves. I snipped my 10NES chip and got a cheap Chinese converter, and also bent up the bottom row of pins on the 72 pin connector. It hasn't worked this well since I was a kid. I like having one unit to play both famicom and NES, which I could do just as easily with an actual famicom but I like that the same NES I've had my entire life is the one I'm still using.
>>
>>3342921
Blowing on the cartridges doesn't do anything though. The most effective method of fixing them is to leave the cartridge in and wiggle it until something appears on the screen then reset. You don't even have to mess with the 10NES chip to do that but it does make it somewhat easier to pull off.
>>
>>3342921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEwB5lfhp-Y
>>
>>3342921
Also as far as OP's claim, I don't think people are "attached" to the big cartridges so much as it's just that's all they're used to. People don't know how easy it is to play famicom games, they see the form factor differences as well as the fact that the games are in moon and that scares people away. I'm sure famicom would have the same ridiculous premium cost that NES stuff does if people understood how easy it is. In the meantime I'm just gonna keep on getting the famicom versions of expensive NES games (gun nac for under 40 bucks!) and even the cheaper NES versions of expensive famicom games (looking at you, super spy hunter). Plus having the ability to play famicom opens you up to the dark twisted wonderful world of famicom bootlegs if you're willing to take that plunge.
>>
>>3342928
Yeah I wish I had known that years ago. Since bending the pins on my NES games will usually work first try, and if they don't it's just a matter of wiggling to find the sweet spot like you said.

>>3342932
Thanks friend!
>>
File: 1237382674435.png (319KB, 407x333px) Image search: [Google]
1237382674435.png
319KB, 407x333px
>>3341462
I imagine it's less about the needlessly huge cartridge shells and more about the games being in English.
>>
Because proprietary software
>>
>>3341462
an a/v famicom and adapter would cost more than a nes. is subjective on looks and requires a different power adapter or step down converter. weebness is the only reason to buy a famicom in a western country, we already have a top loader.
>>
>>3341462

How else to contain ALL THAT GAME? Don't you remember as a kid when you were sure the cart was filled to the brim with the magic that makes the game appear on the screen.
Looks more impressive than it is. Added to the carts looking more like bulky attachments to your "Entertainment System", not a games console oh nononono, those two reasons were surely equally responsible for it.
>>
I think for one they like to be able to find games in the wild.
And to have the same shit that was cool in the 80s
>>
>>3342973
Oh yeah, the US top-loader's RF out is so good.

Also, the Famicom doesn't need a step-down converter. You can use the original PSU with no issues, or buy a new one that's made for US voltages for $5. Next time get your facts straight before you try and shit on the clearly superior console.
>>
File: ty.png (54KB, 333x218px) Image search: [Google]
ty.png
54KB, 333x218px
>>3342974
Holy shit, the NES was the original XBone.
>>
>>3343091
What? What the hell does this even mean?

If you are referring to size, the console is larger because it actually stays cool. Unlike my day one ps4 jet engine. I prefer larger to louder any day, with the abundance of space in my home.
>>
>>3343093
It means the NES was the first console to be built extremely bulky and not really marketed as a video game console.

>with the abundance of space in my home
Not everyone has that luxury.
>>
>>3343049
you can a/v mod a top loader too. stop being booty blasted over a toy, I was just stating facts and not even dissing on your little used tampon colored plastic box of choice. they have the same hardware with minor differences in cartridge connections. neither is superior, they are both shitty. the one factor that makes any difference is having a dogbone controller or not.If I was in Japan and a native Japanese language yellow I would prefer the senpaicom but I am a american whitebread who speaks English so I prefer the NES. no brittle looking adapters, easy to find matching controllers, looks the way I remember it. I can like the gray box and you can shove a famicart up your sloppy twink asshole.

>>3342974
the game case was longer so it would work in the front loader.
>>
>replaced 72 pin connector
Now tighter than a nuns cunt
>>
>>3341645
This.
>>
File: NESfag.jpg (103KB, 652x762px) Image search: [Google]
NESfag.jpg
103KB, 652x762px
>>3343121
>muh nostalgia
You're clearly more concerned with how it looks in your entertainment center to your hipster friends than with the gameplay experience. Did you know the dogbone controller came with the AV Famicom too? Pic related, it's you.
>>
>>3342928
>Being this hipsterian uninformed.

There's a better idea, clean the carts properly!
>>
The frontloading mechanism could have been done much better and simpler, by just having a sideways toploading slot, like RetroUSB's AVS will use. There's a clone called "Computer Video Game" that uses this too.
>>
>>3343158
The gameplay is identical. I didn't suggest the dogbone didn't come with the famicom. Your reading comprehension is as quality as your opinions. No reason to import a jap console with a different cartridge type when the ntscu console is the same hardware and plays the games I already have otb. It's like importing a jap car so I can have the privilege of reversing through drive through because the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Then telling people with the LHD usdm version that my car is superior because it is from glorious nippon even though it doesn't work very well on us roads.
>trying to cap on somebody for using a us console in the us toppest.
I'm enjoying playing games, you're busy worrying about which one makes your asshole look smaller.
>>
>>3343818
0/10
>>
>>3342937
How do I get into fami bootlegs?
>>
File: basedsonic.jpg (52KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
basedsonic.jpg
52KB, 550x500px
>>3341515
They're bodacious. Way past cool man.
>>
>>3343895
You buy some
>>
>>3343895
AliExpress.com

Search for 8bit game card, I hope you have $5 handy.
>>
Gosh, it really bothers me how a lot of American game reviewers have to talk about how "The Famicom is the Japanese version of the NES" and all that shit every time they're reviewing a Famicom exclusive game, like everyone vaguely interested in retro gaming doesn't know that.
>>
>>3341645
What does that have to do with anything, the design is shit, and the frontloading mechanism could have been done much better, see >>3343213.
>>
>>3345053
Lots of people are really retarded.
>>
>>3345060
it worked fine when new and works fine again in 15 minutes if you bend the bottom pins up a bit. both my nes work first try.

i think it was to make it more like vcr's of the time as well. we had a top loading vcr when we got a 'tendo and I remember loading taes in a similar fashion.
>>
>>3345053
Did you know Super Mario 2 is actually a japanese game called Hokey Pokey Pilot?
>>
>>3346127
That too, everyone and their grandmother knows that by now.
>>
>>3341645
besides which using a larger case made them harder to steal at retail. famicom carts are pocket friendly.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.