[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unfortunately it's game o/vr/ for my handheld. I had pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: dell.png (42KB, 504x350px) Image search: [Google]
dell.png
42KB, 504x350px
Unfortunately it's game o/vr/ for my handheld. I had pic related. Nice for a little emulation on the fly. It did everything up to Playstation. The only downfall was that it was touch screen. So /vr/ I ask what would be a good replacement? I want something similar, only with actual buttons. I might even get the same one again. Want to test the waters. Have at you.
>>
>>3341368
Get another one with an OTG cable and connect your favorite USB controller to it.

Or if you've got lots of money to toss around, take a look at the Pyra.
>>
>>3341368

this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1606226331/portable-console-for-pc-games-pgs/description
>>
>>3341418
that looks cool as fuck
>>
>>3341418
>PSPGO with dual screens and emulation up to whatever

I'm usually esceptical about this kinda stuff, but if it turns out fine I would b

>Intel HD graphics

Oh boy
>>
>>3341434
Intel HD should be fine for emulating things.
>>
>>3341443
This. When it comes to emulation it's all about the MHZ. OP should just buy a Windows tablet with the best specs at his price point and use his controller of choice.
>>
File: silky smooth 25 fps.png (169KB, 680x805px) Image search: [Google]
silky smooth 25 fps.png
169KB, 680x805px
>>3341418
>>3341428
My fucking toaster can get better framerates, and at higher resolutions. This thing is horrible.
>>
Smartphones and tablets (normie devices) are the LEAST authentic way to do retrogaming.
>>
Gpd xd works pretty well. Had it for a little over a month and its kickin ass. Everything up to ps1 runs awesome. Dreamcast is iffy, and saturn has slowdown. Despite this, i fuckin love it. And snes actually runs fullspeed
>>
>>3341524
>Gpd xd
That looks prey cool. I'll look into it .
>>
>>3341617
If you do buy it, go with amazon or ebay. Everyplace else that sells it is a bit sketchy
>>
>>3341481
>(and in almost all emulators, including PS2)

haahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>3341418
>dual booting windows 10 and android

now with double the tracking :^)
>>
>>3341368

I've got an Nvidia Shield and it's pretty much the perfect emulation machine. Even (some) Dreamcast games can be emulated, and the envelope is getting pushed all the time. I didn't pay for one of the shield controllers, I just use a cheap imitation Sega Saturn USB joypad.

Plus it has HDMI out, and you can mirror the screen onto a tv using a Chromecast anyway.

I really do not understand the "just get a PSP" meme in this board. I get that people like physical buttons on a gaming device but come on, PSP can barely emulate 16-bit systems, tiny low res screen etc... Shit, you can emulate PSP itself perfectly on any decent android tablet.

Shield stylus is great for DS emulation, too
>>
>>3341517
I'm not drinking fine wine from France. Fuck off with authenticity foolishness.

I don't care about the platform, I just want to play games.

Also, game consoles are normie devices now. Especially your bloodborn machine.
>>
File: 1406451623917.jpg (56KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1406451623917.jpg
56KB, 353x334px
>>3341729
>>
File: tumblr_nvzam8HnEY1uegvy1o1_1280.jpg (744KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvzam8HnEY1uegvy1o1_1280.jpg
744KB, 1000x1000px
>>3341418
Never back a kickstarter that has only schematics and no physical prototype to show for. This should be obvious by now.
>>
>>3343259
>>3341418
In all honesty that does look like a cool machine. Because smartphones and tablets are still not quite as in depth as actual operating systems, it may be a smart move to have a dual bootable machine. It will probably be expensive though.
>>
GPD XD is the best price/performance/form factor for retro emulation right now. The psp might be a close second if you don't care about snes / n64 and want better compatibility with PSP games (the android psp emulator still has a ways to go)
>>
>>3342042
The issue with shields right now is that the fucking portable is no longer being made and will eventually fail from a non-fixable ribbon cable breaking. Since you can't buy one under warranty you're just gambling with how long before it shits itself.

And the tablets are nice tablets... But try playing it on a bumpy car ride... Pain in the ass. And those moga and ipega controllers suck.
>>
>>3345978
Not trying to shill but my moga hero works just fine for PSX emulation
>>
>vita is essentially a smartphone with buttons
>no chink android copycat
>plenty of ds styled ones instead
>>
>>3346154
PSP android clone
>http://www.willgoo.com/jxd-s602b-dual-core-capacitive-screen-otg-4gb-hdmi-p-359.html

Can't imagine there isn't a clone of the vita out there somewhere.
>>
>>3345978

I should clarify I was indeed referring to the Shield K1 tablet, not the Shield Portable.
>>
>>3346171
>Android 4.0
>sold out
Everything there is sold out.
>>
>>3347369
There's a jxd that looks like a vita I think it's the 5800 or 7200
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.