[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to replace the CPU and PPU in an American top-loader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Nesppu.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Nesppu.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Is it possible to replace the CPU and PPU in an American top-loader NES or AV Famicom with the CPU and PPU from a PAL NES? There's no toploader version of the PAL NES, and this would be very usable to play games developed by European companies, since the PAL-version was usually better then.
>>
>PALShit
>ruining NTSC for PALShit

Have you considered sucking on an exhaust pipe instead?
>>
>>3341329
>Is it possible to replace the CPU and PPU in an American top-loader NES or AV Famicom with the CPU and PPU from a PAL NES? There's no toploader version of the PAL NES

It's like you have no idea what you are talking about, but you have a soldering iron. This will not end well for you. You need to also replace the...

>since the PAL-version was usually better then.
Oh, a region-war thread. Go fuck yourself.
>>
Sure, go for it OP.
Make sure to clean the circuit board with a solution of one part ammonia and one part bleach before you desolder anything though.
>>
There is a PAL version of the Top Loader, it was released in Australia
>>
>>3341557
And never sold because they were busy playing Seeguh
>>
How many Yuropoor NES games were there? Like 5?
>>
>>3341393
>You need to also replace the...
Lockout chip.
>>
>>3341620
The toploader NES didn't have one, also, you can just cut off one leg, and it will accept any cart.
>>
>>3341329
There's not nearly enough 'good' PAL games to warrant ruining a top loader for.
>>
>>3341626
PAL carts will fuck up on an NTSC machine and vice versa unless it doesn't use raster interrupts which isn't the case for most games.
>>
>>3341629
There's Elite and...well, I'm stumped.
>>
>>3341635
Aren't PAL games already fucked up because almost no one translated their games into 50 Hz?
>>
>>3341638
Exactly.
>>
File: 56220-Mega_Man_2_(USA)-2.jpg (80KB, 452x396px) Image search: [Google]
56220-Mega_Man_2_(USA)-2.jpg
80KB, 452x396px
>>3341640
Well, yeah.

Anyway, some games like the Mega Man series don't have any screen splitting so they don't care about PAL/NTSC, but anything that does use it will bomb because of the timing differences.
>>
how about you take your pal nes

and throw it in the fucking trash
>>
>>3341620
Incorrect. Put the soldering iron down before you hurt yourself.
>>
The PPU and the clock crystal are different on PAL machines.
>>
>>3341784
That's why I thought they could be interchanged to create a toploading PAL-NES.
>>
are you retarded?
>>
>>3341686
I reported his parents for child endangerment. Letting an infant play with sharp hot objects.
>>
>There are yuros who not only think playing slow NES games is better but who will try to claim they were meant to be played at that speed
>it's gotten to the point where they want to cannibalize NTSC hardware to make it play their slow motion games

There are like less than 10 PAL exclusives on NES that are worth playing. I know this is a troll thread but goddamn.
>>
>>3341329
>There's no toploader version of the PAL NES
Idiot.
Of course there was a PAL top loader. Came with dogbone controllers even!

https://youtu.be/xTRyxJvXbAg?t=76
>>
>>3342936
They have the improved mobo too apparently. Do all of the Aus top loaders have that?
>>
Okay OP, what PAL exclusives are there for NES? And by exclusive I mean exclusive, not famicom games released in Europe but not the US. Only one I can think of is super turrican.
>>
>>3344363
Or alternatively, what PAL games are better than their NTSC counterparts? I wanna know what games OP is so eager to play that he feels the need to unnecessarily kill hardware.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.