[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm very interested in buying one of these baby's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (276KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
276KB, 3000x1688px
I'm very interested in buying one of these baby's, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I gamble with Ebay or maybe find a proxy buyer in Japan? Any advice is appreciated.
>>
Gamble? If you stick with te good ebay sellers you'll be fine.

The AV famicom would probably be a better choice. Unless you just want the original Famicom/mic.
>>
>>3341104
I'm guessing with the AV Fami I don't need converters and such? That might be a better choice.
>>
>>3341110
AV Famicom has AV out which is very nice, Only downside is no controllers with mic. Can use NES controllers though.

Original Famicom has RF only and it's a jap standard which can be a bitch to get working. I'd just AV mod it honestly if I really wanted an original Famicom. Or RGB. (note that the mic still works with RGB mod it just wont send any sound to the TV).

I like them both but only mess with AV Famicoms. Sold all my NES actually and just keep a NESRGB modded AV Famicom now.

But like I said if you want to play games that use the mic you gotta get the original Famicom. Twin Famicom is also an option too I guess.

You'll probably want to use a SNES or good modern power supply also.
>>
Remember, you can't plug that shit into a US outlet or a NES power adapter or magic smoke.
>>
>>3341147
It's pretty easy to get a power adapter though right?
>>
>>3341151
Different anon.
Yes. The original was unregulated 10v. Most people use anywhere between 9v and 12v.

Personally use a bit higher than 10v. But that's to stay with in range my power supplies specs.
>>
>>3341151
A model 1 Genesis power supply or similar should work just fine.
>>
Accidently bought a fc a year ago off Amazon for like 50 usd (was drunk). They shipped it to me in fine condition, but It had no cables. What do? I'm not even sure where to get started with using this thing. It's been sitting in a box since I got it.
>>
>>3341183
Buy the cables?
>>
File: Famicom_Disk_System.jpg (24KB, 259x388px) Image search: [Google]
Famicom_Disk_System.jpg
24KB, 259x388px
>>3341097
ebay should be fine, get an AV Famicom though. There's not much to worry about since not a lot can go wrong with them and the AVs tend to be in better condition, since they released later.

If you want to do it justice, buy a Disk System to go with it. This is where you need to really look into what you're buying since the belts inside them tend to go and need replacing (not worth buying a broken one though). Also, since Famicom Disks could be overwritten at game stores instead of buying new disks, a lot are mislabeled; it's not uncommon to get a Super Mario disk with a completely different game on it.
>>
>>3341097
Might want to go through seven proxies, just to be safe.

>>3341147
A famicom PS works just fine in a US outlet.
Remember, you shouldn't post if you don't know what you're talking about.

>>3341851
I've heard people claim replacing the belt was difficult. I guess maybe if you don't know hoe to use a screwdriver that's true but I've never had a problem. Personally I think picking up a CIB non working FDS for $5 and turning it into working system worth well over $100 with a few dollars in parts and a little time and effort is worth it. But if you don't. just get the ram adapter and a FDS emulator. That's really the best way to play.
>>
>>3342023
Famicoms can get pretty hot if you use their power supply stateside: they're being fed 120V instead of 100V and the system's cheap, flimsy wiring really isn't made for it. A third-party power supply would be the best choice in this case, as they will only give the system what it needs.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice.
>>
>>3342547
Famicoms are being fed 10V dingus. And they don't have "flimsy wiring". You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Back to your containment board until you come of age kid.
>>
>>3342547
>>3342580
Who is right? Seriously guys, no memes, which of these is correct? I've seen it both ways all over the internet and don't want to fuck up a famicom. My super famicom works just fine with the original adapter in a US outlet but I'm not sure if that's an equivalent case.
>>
>>3344175
Famicom, Super Famicom and SNES take 10VDC and the plug has a negative center pin. NES takes 10VAC. Do not use an original NES adapter on any famicom, super famicom, or SNES. You can use basically any famicom or super famicom adapter on an NES though, NES doesn't give a fuck. You would be able to use SNES as well but the plug is too big to fit.
>>
>>3344192
Is my super famicom okay with it's original adapter on a US outlet? No problems so far but I've never played more than like an hour at a time.
>>
>>3344205
You'll be running the voltage regulator a little harder but as long as the voltage regulator doesn't get too hot and the power adapter isn't extremely hot while its running it's probably alright.
>>
>>3344226
Don't get me wrong though if you can get an adapter that fits the console and outputs 10VDC@850mA(or more) *with a negative center pin* that is from your region then use that instead. Don't buy a chinese special on ebay though, those have a tendency to explode and catch on fire.
>>
>>3344175
The guy who sounds pissed off at a stupid kid is right.
>>
>>3342580
>Famicoms are being fed 10V dingus
No but the AC side of the adapter is being fed 120V which makes it run hotter than normal.
>>
>>3345632
>>3342580
>Famicoms are being fed 10V dingus
It's an unregulated power supply. One that's made for 100v.
A Famicom with a stock adapter is going to see the voltage fluctuate +/- 3v easy.

A Famicom adapter used in America would output higher voltage.

>>3342547
I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>3345650
>A Famicom adapter used in America would output higher voltage.

Uh huh. The added current will make them get hot, so although it will work, you need to be careful and make sure the power adapter isn't overheating.
>>
>>3345658
>The added current
Isn't much if any. It's the voltage that's the problem. It would probably draw the same current just less amps more volts.

I wouldn't worry about the adapter as much as the increased output voltage.
>>
>>3345672
That the added output voltage would be bad for the Famicom?
>>
>>3345683
I haven't tested so I don't know. That's why I'd worry about it.

The dumb dumb math is possible 20% increase in output voltage. Probably wouldn't do anything but make the Famicom run a bit hotter. Since the power just goes through some caps to a switch and then the 7805. I'd be surprised if you saw much over 5-10c over normal. So in an air conditioned environment probably no problem.

I don't get the point of just hoping though. A good power supply alternative is cheap.
>>
>>3341143
Twin Famicom has the added benefit of having AV built in.
>>
>>3344175
Read this, make a decision.
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dUhN3OzpDVqbgiah23BsA3&topic=6933.0
>>
>>3345949
Bit of a collector's item. Why I didn't mention it.
>>
>>3345632
Yes, they are. If you had any experience with them you'd know. I use famicoms on US mains all the time and nothing gets hot.
There's a a board for bullshitting kids like you. Just remove the r between the v and the /
>>
>>3345956
"Using a 100VAC AC-Adapter on 110-120VAC current (the USA standard, which we average to ~115VAC) may damage it over time. This can cause it to overheat, and can cause other internal damage to the AC-Adapter (for a more complex explanation, please read the replies in this thread), especially on newer aftermarket AC-Adapters, and may also be harmful to your system. Using a power strip (i.e. 'surge protector') does not help, in any way whatever. (It does not change the voltage on your electrical line!) "
>>
>>3346157
Basically, you need buy a US adapter built for 120V with the right output specs, and unplug it when you're not using it. I've been using the same shitty Chinese one for 6 or 7 years with no fires or damage to my Famicoms [AV and Original]. Also I've been a member of that board since 2006 so I'm very familiar with that sticky.
>>
>>3344192
The NES does use a bridge rectifier to convert AC into DC current although I don't understand the reason for it.
>>
File: IMG_1932.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1932.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>3341147
I have my famicom (RF only, no mod) and disk system plugged into a surge protector that I can turn off when I'm not using it. The AC adapters get warmer than US ones do, so it makes me feel better to give them a rest when I'm not using it. The channel selection can definitely be weird. I have 4 CRTs: one doesn't see it at all, two on channel 91, and the other one works on channel 61. No idea what is different internally, but that's the way it is.
>>
>>3346167
No one except Nintendo does apparently. It's probably the only console that ships with a straight AC adapter.
>>
>>3346175
That TV is fucking rad, love your setup.
>>
>>3346167
>>3346180
It may have had to do with FCC regulations, but IDK.
>>
File: IMG_5819.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5819.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>3346181
It's a Curtis Mathes from 1989. Has a switch on top to go between RF and AV, and it's just so choice.
>>
File: famicom setup.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
famicom setup.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>3346191
I swear, I'm not Australian.
>>
>>3346198
Is that a cassette cabinet? Is it full of famicom games? Are you that anon from that thread a few months ago talking about how tape storage solutions were the way to go for famicom carts? Is it full of famicom carts? Can we see them? Is there an end to these questions?
>>
>>3346175
>>3346191
Are these photos for bats?
>>
>>3341851
>>3342023
The ever drive can play the FD games off the SD card
>>
File: desk.jpg (841KB, 3024x2914px) Image search: [Google]
desk.jpg
841KB, 3024x2914px
>>3346198
Totally awesome man. Since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine. The PC Engine is a new edition, but it's mainly a Famicom rig. I'd actually prefer a rad consumer set like yours, my PVM isn't that good.
>>
File: famicom_cart_storage.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
famicom_cart_storage.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>3346436
I'm that same anon. I've got the top 3 drawers filled now.

>>3346515
Yes, for bats.

>>3346986
What is it about amiibos hanging out around famicoms?
>>
>>3347021
I feel like they fit the a e s t h e t i c, and also I can't stop buying them. They haven't put out any cool ones for months though.
>>
>>3347021
Nice storage
I really need a better solution atm because I just have 2 plastics totes.
One full of SNES
and one full of Fami/NES
Luckily I don't collect carboard
>>
File: cart stacks.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
cart stacks.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>3347114
Best I can deal with it is stacks and stacks. Ikea needs to solve our problems and call it CARTBLAG or something.
>>
I was thinking of getting an Av famicom off yahoo auctions and using an Everdrive. Is there a buying service you guys like? What's a good price? The ever drive means I still get expanded sound right?
>>
File: IMAG1286~01.jpg (531KB, 2142x1402px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1286~01.jpg
531KB, 2142x1402px
>tfw cardboard boxes and cheap plastic organizers

I want something like a dresser but I want the shelves to be shallow, most dressers have pretty deep drawers
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.