[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: ff1 nes.jpg (94KB, 640x877px) Image search: [Google]
ff1 nes.jpg
94KB, 640x877px
Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying "it's a classic" doesn't mean shit. You are a shit person misleading people if you recommend this trash. I honestly think this game is poison for introducing virginal JRPG fans, cause if I wasn't a seasoned vet this whole genre would have been turned off to me.

>Play Final Fantasy on the NES
>"Oh, this sucks"
>Read about the remakes
>Play the FF1 remake on GBA
>"Oh this still sucks"
>People say to try the PSP remake
>Try it
>"Oh this is the exact same fucking trash as the GBA version."

You'd have to have the worst taste imaginable if you think any version is some marked improvement over the NES version. Recommending a bad Final Fantasy game is retarded, especially when there are quality SNES JRPGs that one could be playing like Bahamut Lagoon or Glory of Heracles 3

But you know what's stupid about people that defend Final Fantasy 1? They're also the same kind of people that would shit on Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for its insultingly simplistic design and plot.

Oh, and why can't a Thief steal shit?
>>
>playing remakes
Don't, only good remake is DS IV.
And first three FF are best ones.
>>
if you couldn't even play the GBA/PSP remakes that were meant for geriatric grandmothers you shouldn't be playing video games
>>
>>3341035
They're playable, but that doesn't make them good.
>>
>>3341013
>Wah I can't limit break and spam items and I actually have to think
>>
>>3341013
ive seen this retoast before
>>
FFI is a really fun AD&D sort of adventure with a cool world.
>>
>>3341013
>I honestly think this game is poison for introducing virginal JRPG fans, cause if I wasn't a seasoned vet this whole genre would have been turned off to me.
And I've never seen anyone recommend someone looking to get into RPG's to start off with FF1. You seem angry about something that doesn't happen.
>>
>>3341013
>rare JRPG where you can make your own party from the start including multiple same characters = lot of replayability
>short cut scenes and low dialogue compared to most other RPGs
>more open world than most JRPGs
Yeah, sorry but I've yet to play any other JRPG twice because of how annoying it is. FF1 is the least annoying and most fun JRPG I've ever played.
>>
>>3341568
you'll love 3 and maybe 5 then
>>
Can we make a rule about remaking threads over and over again already?
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>3341013
>not playing through FFI with four Knights

No wonder you didn't have fun.
>>
File: weak bait.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
weak bait.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>3341013
>ITT: bait thread
2/10 got me to reply
Here's your (You)
>>
>>3341912
There is a rule, it's the anti-spam rule.
>>
>>3341568
Except DQ3 did all that shit better, and had a good script to boot.
>>
>>3342429
This, the famicom had better jrpgs like DQIII, DQIV, and MOTHER.
>>
>>3341013
>Your taste is shit if you like what I don't like!
Here's your (you) faggot.
>>
>>3341013
git gud
>>
>>3341013
>I love to waste the entire board's time with dumb shitposts because mommy never hugged me and I need attention
>>
>>3341013
>I'm an autist with serious issues. You heard about those freaks on craigslist who rape and kill people. Those little bitches fear me because I'm so fucked up in the head the shit I do scares the devil himself.
True story
>>
>>3342436
Dragon warrior 3 came out much later however.
>>
>>3342001
>image.jpg
>>
>>3341013
Wow, sounds like you just have shit taste. I played the GBA version at the age of 16 and enjoyed the hell out of it.
>>
>>3342001

this
>>
File: ff101[1].png (5KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
ff101[1].png
5KB, 256x240px
>>3344530
Agree, but i've been told the nes version is quite different. Can anyone clear this to me?
>>
>>3344701
NES has tons of bugs and uses Vancian spell system.
Playstation/WSC have bug fixes and keeps the original difficulty and spells, with updated graphics.
GBA looks the same as the remakes but with MP for casting, and, I think, more generous XP gains.
>>
>>3344476
2 months isn't much of a difference.
>>
File: Final Fantasy.png (45KB, 499x433px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy.png
45KB, 499x433px
>>3341013
Between the three games, Final Fantasy III is the best one on the NES I find, get the fan translation of it since it never came out of Japan.
It's amazing.
>>
>>3341013
I like playing it because it's fun.
>>
>>3341013
>Bahamut Lagoon
That game was fucking awful
>>
>>3344879
i wish someone would redo the fan translation though

as it is right now its fucking awful and unprofessional as hell
>>
>>3344701
>>3344867
The other major difference between the NES version and the GBA version (as well as the PSP version, I think - haven't played that one yet) is in the NES version, your characters won't automatically attack the next enemy if the targeted enemy has already been killed when it's their turn to attack. They'll simply attack an empty space. So combat takes a little bit more strategy, knowledge of enemy HP, etc.

>inb4 "that's a bug"

It's not a fucking bug, it's a design decision.
>>
>>3345023
yeah if it was a bug it wouldn't have been in FF2 too

i have a feeling akitoshi kawazu is responsible for most of the strange esoteric design decisions in FF1, and i think it was for the best in that game
>>
File: 1390065843425.png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
1390065843425.png
4KB, 256x240px
>>3342001
Or pic related
>>
>>3341027
I can't tell you how much I hate the FFIV DS remake. Especially the music. But no one seems to agree with me.
>>
>>3345031
FFIV in general is just bad.

It's seriously the most tedious game I've played, and I say this as someone who loves FF1.
>>
>>
>>3345032
FFIV's probably my favorite FF, but I also love FFI. It was the first JRPG I ever played.

Music can do a lot for a game, IMO, so that's probably why I dig FFIV so much and can overlook its problems. I think it's got the best music of the series, followed closely by 6 and 7.
>>
File: 4b6[1].jpg (8KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
4b6[1].jpg
8KB, 400x343px
>>3345032
>IV
>Bad
>someone who loves FF1

I'm not surprised. Maybe you want to try Wizardry, since you don't give a fuck about story
>>
>>3345043
>I'm not surprised. Maybe you want to try Wizardry, since you don't give a fuck about story
to be honest i really don't, but that's not even FFIV's problem

it's just that the ATB's so poor, it takes 20 minutes for a bar to fill up (hyperbole, of course) and nearly every fucking encounter needs some stupid strategy

there's more problems with it but i cant think of them right now
>>
>>3345026
>>3345023

There's also something indicating that INT was a totally useless stat on purpose too.
>>
>>3345047
You know what's really your problem, pal? This https://youtu.be/sMpzODudeks?t=38m26s
>>
>>3345047
>every fucking encounter needs some stupid strategy
that's a shame.
>>
>>3341013
Are you trying to say that Final Fantasy I has aged badly?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.