[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /tekken 3/ here? >tfw overwhelmed by how high the skill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: bryan2.jpg (15KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
bryan2.jpg
15KB, 150x200px
who /tekken 3/ here?
>tfw overwhelmed by how high the skill cap is when I study jin
>tfw main bryan and he is fucking shit
>tfw anna is just too hot in that dress
>tfw I try emulating ps2 tekkens and fail so I'm stuck mach breaking in tekken 3 forever
>>
I kinda liked Bryan back then because he's edgy. His moveset was pretty shitty though.
Used to spend hundreds of hours fighting in endless practice matches with Hwoarang, I really liked playing him. Yoshimitsu was a blast to play, too.
Eddy was really fun for fooling around and making flashy moves.

And all the hours watching the cool cinematics.
>>
>>3333508
he has some cool moves but he suffers from having almost no low attacks and no low hits on his strings
the fisherman's hook to slam will just never get old, every time I do it it feels great
I also like the way a lot of his kicks juggle the enemy, even if it isn't too practical, like d/f 3, d/f 4 or u/f 4
>>
>>3333228
Well, I guess I can never again trust my memory.
Owned Tekken 3 as a kid. Played it quite a bit, not huge amounts, but what should be enough.
No recollection of Bryan Fury.

Years later and recently, when I found out that friends mains Bryan in TTT2, I honestly thought that he was a newer post T3 character.
>>
Yoshimitsu main here, he was a BEAST in T3
>>
Paulfag here. He had the best moves and imo just slightly better than the edgy Nina or roundabout jin. Those 3 were imo the best because of their grappling ability, making them able to counter a non-powermove hit on mid or high with an unbreakable counter-grapple. And Paul simply had the fastest, longest and hardest hitting moves of all three plus being able to land a safe hit while the opponent was lying on the ground right after on of them.
Anna could countergrabble too but she was just a bitchy Nina.

King had some good moves but nowhere near Nina or Paul since he only could counter-grabble legs. Hihatchi had the next-best power hits next to Paul.

Seruously. Paul.
>>
>>3338112
paul was fucking broken though
not only is everything you said true, he was also 200% easier to control and master than the other strong characters like nina and especially jin
>>3338001
>that roundhouse kick that does 200 damage for no reason whatsoever
>>
>>3338112
You can chicken a counter in T3, it's not unbreakable.
>>
>>3338112
Nope

Actual Tekken 3 tier list

S Tier: Ogre

A Tier: Jin, Xiaoyu, Heihachi, Law

B Tier: Lei, Nina, Julia, Yoshimitsu, Anna, Mokujin

C Tier: Eddy, Paul, King, Hwoarang, Gun Jack

D Tier: Bryan, Kuma/Panda

E Tier: Dr. B, Gon

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=95302
>>
>>3338112
paulfag reporting in
I really beat the shit out of everyone with Paul. That power punch (haduken motion) is fucking un-fuck-wit-able. Not to mention being able to reverse/catch anything. I liked Jin too. I used Yoshi alot because he had a sword. Great game
>>
>>3339303
That punch can be easily blocked or side stepped and punished, its garbage and the reversal can be easily baited or chickened also it cant catch everything at all. Ogre for instance can just WM through it, any low hit in the game will also beat it.
>>
>>3333228
I miss the high damage in T3.

All the talk about damage being higher because the old games were barebone is bullshit.
>>
File: 435px-Bryanfury.jpg (59KB, 435x599px) Image search: [Google]
435px-Bryanfury.jpg
59KB, 435x599px
>>3333228
Bryan is my favorite Tekken character, once I unlocked him in 3 he became my main
Yoshimitsu and King are also great
>>
slow-mo game
>>
Boring dial-a-combo tech demo game to flagship the Playstation. Dead Or Alive is 100 time better.
>>
>>3345106
You should try playing Tekken 1 if you think this is slow
>>
>>3345108
Heres your reply.
>>
File: itagakiseesatekkenthread.gif (703KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
itagakiseesatekkenthread.gif
703KB, 225x169px
>Tekken
lel it's wasn't even a good fighter when it was at the peak of it's popularity.
>>
>>3346097
how is it not good?
it's extremely complex and has lots of varied characters, what exactly makes it bad
>>
>>3333228
Bryan is actually pretty good for beginners trying to learn juggles.

I've always preferred Yoshi tho.
>>
>>3346130
>it's extremely complex
Yeah in a cute 5 years behind the competition way. It was the time when Tekken was just copying mechanic from other fighter without bringing anything new to the genre. Honestly tekken still does it as it didn't bring anything new and functional to the series since it copied character customization from VF and TAG mechanics from DOA. Because those series either didn't have new games release since decades or are stagnant themselves. Oh but I guess there are people that like meters and comeback mechanics but then again there are people that honestly like Tekken.
>>
>>3346150
look I'm not comparing it to other fighters, I've never played any except for one evening with super smash something and some naruto a friend of mine has, all I'm saying is that the whole system with the reversals and chickens and 10-hit strings and juggling, it seems like there's a lot of depth to it and I for one find it overwhelming so how can it be a bad game
>>
File: SC_Yoshimitsu.png (143KB, 333x411px) Image search: [Google]
SC_Yoshimitsu.png
143KB, 333x411px
>>3338001
>>3346134
Hell yeah.
>>
>>3346130
>tekken
>extremely complex
My sides!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.