[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember this? Looks like Nintendo doesn't like people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: Bitmap-Books-2.jpg (132KB, 600x346px) Image search: [Google]
Bitmap-Books-2.jpg
132KB, 600x346px
Remember this?

Looks like Nintendo doesn't like people trying to sell screencaps of their games.
>>
File: whatdidtheymeanbythis.png (131KB, 888x914px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidtheymeanbythis.png
131KB, 888x914px
>>
Good, the world needs less hipster faggot trash
>>
File: nesBOOK.jpg (119KB, 1073x730px) Image search: [Google]
nesBOOK.jpg
119KB, 1073x730px
>>3331971
>screenshots
>deceptive Nintendo SoQ

hahah wheres the guy who posted that in the last thread, he called it.
>>
if you didn't see this coming you're retarded

nintendo is a "NO FUN ALLOWED" company unless it's lining their pockets with rehashed video games
>>
bye bye $178,000
>>
>>3331970
I can't believe anyone would pay for emulator screenshots anyway. Who thinks this shit is a good idea?
>>
File: 1436879362495.png (16KB, 84x120px) Image search: [Google]
1436879362495.png
16KB, 84x120px
Well no shit.

If they shut down something cool I would very much mind but this is just dumb nonsense only hipsters/secondaries who want to look cool would buy.

In the end nothing was lost.
>>
I don't care.

they didn't C&D the Mother 3 fan translation or other cool shit like that.
Unlike Sega, who c&d'd the fanmade SOR remake.
>>
>>3334045
If I saw the book for 5$ somewhere, I'd buy it.
>>
>>3334059
Mother 3 translation couldn't be C&D'd.
They never distributed the rom, just the patch. It's not even a 'gray area'.
>>
>>3331970

>run an emulator
>load up a rom
>take a screenshot
>sell it to people
>>
>>3334067
Hardcover books don't sell for five dollars.
>>
Kami-sama praises Nintendo.
>>
>>3331970
You can't just sell like copy pasted shit to people. Ebay would take this down, even.
>>
>>3334406
holy shit I'd never buy secondhand from you
>>
This is only slightly better than those people on Ebay who were trying to sell "encyclopedia volumes of Wikipedia" and just fucking printing Wiki articles into a book.
>>
>>3334406
meant at a thrift store or something
>>
He said he had a lot of legal advice or some shit about how it's fair use.
No, it's not fucking fair use. You can't use Nintendo imagery and sell it.
>>
>>3331970
Am I right in assuming that this is some hipster shut book that is just bunch of screenshots?

If so nothing of value was lost. If anything the quality of earth overall rose.
>>
>>3334549
This guy has made other books that weren't taken down simply because no one gives a fuck, like his books on the ZX Spectrum. There's no one to file a copyright dispute with him.

Nintendo, uh uh. He shouldn't have fucking touched that one. He tried to rake in the big bucks for a project that costs nothing more than the cost to print the books, which is cheap.
>>
Where do people come up with these fucking prices?
33,700 dollars to put into production a book?
Where did he get that number?
I understand colored ink is expensive but 33,700 dollars?
>>
This shit is fucking atrocious
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2146199819/commodore-64-a-visual-commpendium-second-edition/description

He's lining his pockets.
>Second edition
>>
>>3334560
How much was he paying the people he interviewed?
Because it looks like he just sent people each an email and whoever responded he stuck their interview in the book.
>>
>>3334525
And I'd never buy a book filled with NES screenshots. So I guess we all good
>>
>>3334532
Unfortunately, you'd be hard pressed to find a hardcover book for less than five dollars even at a used bookstore.
>>
File: 1407687676061.jpg (18KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1407687676061.jpg
18KB, 373x373px
What kind of massive faggot would try to sell people a book of emulator screenshots and even have the nerve to ask for money to do it on fucking Kickstarter? Hipster scum should be fucking wiped out.
>>
Some of these kinds of books can be great if they're done with love and attention.

ReadOnlyMemory's Megadrive Collected Works book is absolutely brilliant. Not shilling. Just sayin'.
>>
>>3334585
>>3334030
>36k needed
>got 178k

guaranteed its hipsters and GD fags who think "woah i love nintendo this would be great for my coffee table even though I wont read it
>>
>>3331970

fucking hipster garbage. glad Nintendo told them to get fucked.
>>
>>3334585
This. I'm glad Nintendo shut them down on principle alone. It would be one thing if the book contained original content or something but this was a blatant cash grab using someone else's IP.
>>
If they're really hipsters, they should make a kindle version.
>>
>>3334558
Yeah, I work in book publishing, and that sounds exactly right for hardcover, glossy full-color throughout. Shit is most decidedly not cheap, although the precise cost depends on print run.
>>
>>3331970
>>3331971
Let me get this straight, they tried to sell a book full of Nintendo shit without checking with Nintendo themselves to see if it's cool to do that?
>>
>>3334101
You mean this guy didn't even bother getting the actual games and run them through dazzle for the screencaps?
>>
>>3334059
I thought they had threatened to C&D Project M?
>>
>>3335159
Official word from Project M people is that they didn't, but everyone knows that's bullshit because they announced they had extra content lined up just a few weeks before the news dropped.
>>
>>3335185
well I heard from some random anon on /v/ that they were enlightened that they COULD be c&d'd if they continue

but I dunno
>>
File: 18keudo7qm0vngif.gif (2MB, 636x469px) Image search: [Google]
18keudo7qm0vngif.gif
2MB, 636x469px
>>3334594
>tfw passed on a cheap copy of that book and now they're all silly prices
>>
>>3334993
Perfectly legal. The issue is the books attempt to seem Nintendo supported or as part of Nintendo.

Nintendo can legally not deny people taking screen caps and tossing words to it. We already have plenty of books like this one in the wild. These idiots just did everything wrong and Nintendo knows in court it would last long enough for these cucks to go bankrupt. Bankruptcy would mean having to toss the trial, thus being liable for Nintendo and their legal fees, let alone what they were sued for.

For evidence of this. Sega attempted a lawsuit over that Genesis book a few years ago and it was tossed out as they were just photos and words.
>>
>>3334059
AM2R is still going to.
>>
>>3335210
I'm curious to see what comes of it. While I guess the law firm can claim whatever in their complaint, they do indeed seem to be saying that the use of screenshots (beyond the fake SOQ) is infringing on their copyrights. I'd guess the fact that this book seems to be focused on the screenshots themselves rather than on whatever accompanying original content they're including is probably a sticking point.

Even if they are allowed to proceed with the book and it flies as legal, I imagine Nintendo felt the need to do something lest other entrepreneurs get the bright idea of stooping to the level of selling NES ROM libraries on pressed CDs in decorated cardboard binding.
>>
>>3334075
Crimson Echoes got C&D, but being the cucks they were, they stopped development. They shouldn'tve had to, but they did out of good intention.
>>
>>3334075
It's not as big of a deal if they don't sell it. Mother 3 was a game that never came out in the West, and the patch was distributed for free. Not only that, but the fact that they didn't distribute the roms keeps them in the clear.

I remember reading about a Pokémon-themed series of parties getting shut down by Nintendo/Pokémon Company a while ago. They're perfectly justified in doing this - people are using their intellectual property to make money, which is not okay.

Something like >>3331970 is just an effortless way to make money, anyways. Only the highest level of hipster will pay for a book full of emulator screenshots.
>>
>>3338441
>Only the highest level of hipster will pay for a book full of emulator screenshots.

Apparently there's a lot of those people, judging by the amount of money this guy has pulled for all his screenshot books.
>>
File: 1457621866426.jpg (8KB, 224x240px) Image search: [Google]
1457621866426.jpg
8KB, 224x240px
Any day nintodlers get BTFO is a good day.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.