[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have the most broken final fantasy 5 Fiesta team this year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_27471-images(3)-1723897514.jpg (10KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27471-images(3)-1723897514.jpg
10KB, 302x167px
Do I have the most broken final fantasy 5 Fiesta team this year?

Knight
Mystic knight
Geomancer
Chemist
>>
I don't know if I'd call it the most broken, but it's pretty fucking solid. Good luck!
>>
>>3331939
Blue Mage, Mystic Knight, Beastmaster and Chemist are the most broken together. Beast master helps obtain the earliest blue magic and makes for easy World 1 exp grinding, chemist breaks everything, and mystic knight for elemental output.

Ranger would also be another class with rapid fire and it's ignore % physical defense resist.
>>
I just finished my run earlier today with a Thief/Summoner/Ninja/Dancer. Overall, it really wasn't too difficult, until I got to Neo-Exdeath. I first got to him at level 38 and he was curb stomping my ass. I had to grind up to level 48 and I beat him on my first try. This was my first year doing the FJF and I have to say it was pretty fun.
>>
>>3332119
>thief

You were pretty much a 3 man party. Congrats on the victory, I believe this year I have Monk, Mystic Knight, Ranger, and Dragoon.
>>
>>3332208
Thief actually worked out pretty decently. Steal helped out immensely. It got me items an equipment early. Also, I never had a single back attack my entire run. My thief was either an item user (my only source of healing) or a secondary summoner or thrower. Flee was super helpful but Ninja's Dustb/Smokescreen made it redundant. It's really not a bad starter job.
>>
>>3331939
>[s]broken[/s] fun
>>
>>3332405
He's still a dead weight compared to every other wind class. My first fiesta ended after the earth crystal with thief berserker beastmaster dragoon.
>>
>>3331939

What's this? A mod with pre set jobs?
>>
>>3333039
a yearly challenge, for fun. randomly generate a series of classes to adhere to and attempt to beat the game.
>>
fuck the final boss in this game
>>
How do I git gud at ff5? I've played up to the beginning of the 3rd world on my first playthrough on the anthology version barely lasting and replayed again on advance and got up to Galufs castle with fair ease but I still don't have much of an understanding on how to properly play the game and the job system. Can someone help me how to go through this game? I'm still in the mindset of a ff4 and 7 player never playing 3 whatsoever.
>>
>>3333048
How? Not all classes are available at the start
>>
>>3333215
>have zero trouble burning through the game
>get to Neo-Ex Death
>literally one shots my entire party

FF5 is such a good game, except for neo-ex death.

You basically have to grind, or cheese it with shit like Chemist abusing the absolute shit out of Mix if you want to beat it at a reasonable level.

Really leaves a blemish on the over all game.
>>
Been playing my first run on GBA

Just got to Galuf's World.

I finished the Gilgamesh fight, and I got to the first castle after that.

I encountered a shield dragon and it has just ended my run completely.

>20,000 HP
>Immune to most status effects
>Has reflect
>Can't run away
>Hits hard and often with status effects

What do I do? I have no clue how to move forward.

Current Team:
Bartz - Samurai/!Rapid Fire (Have some Mystic Knight levels)
Lenna - Time Mage/!White (have some summoner levels)
Galuf - Ninja/!Rapid Fire (have some monk levels)
Faris - Ninja/!Rapid Fire (Have some thief levels/geomancer levels)

Also, having trouble healing. Lenna can only heal 1 at a time.
>>
>>3334649
One, you don't have to fight the shield dragon, there's nothing in that castle that you can use at this point in the game.
Two, use Control on it and have it Blaze itself over and over until it dies.
Three, get a second character who can use white magic.
>>
>>3334659
Am I going to the wrong place? I thought that was the logical place to go since it was the closest thing to the town.

How do I avoid it if I can't run away? I've got 2 ninjas but I'll hold L&R for the whole battle full health to party wipe and I can't escape it.
>>
>>3334665
you can avoid it by not entering the castle at all

you really are not supposed to go there until way later, don't know why they put it so close to a town
>>
>>3334289
>neo exdeath
>spend 15 minutes destroying every part one by one
>when there's only two left try to evenly distribute damage to both so it doesn't get to cast meteor
>he still does and wipes out my entire party
>>
>>3334263
You roll a single class when you get to each crystal.
>>
>>3334289
Not really. Being able to instakill the two most dangerous parts really helps - Break Blade or Shoat to handle the Almagest spamming part and Odin to handle the Grand Cross spamming part.
>>
>>3334649
Shield Dragons are helpless against !Control, but you're not supposed to go there at that point.
>>
>>3334775
Odin takes out the rear section that mainly casts magic. The upper middle is the one that uses Grand Cross.
>>
>>3334289
It seems that if one of your party member has less than 2500 HP you're fucked.

You also need to have one who can at least dualcast high level white magic.

In my case my dualcaster white magic wielder had only like 1300 something. Had to grind the berserker job for a bit.
>>
I feel like FF5 would really be a fun dungeon crawler game if it was any longer.
>>
>>3335220
There should definitely be some sort of randomized dungeon crawler with that job system, yes.
>>
>>3334289
GP toss
>>
>>3333765
There are some good combinations of jobs, like redmage and summoner. Some have specific stats that make them better or worse for specific commands, eg a knight has too low magic to deal damage with gaia.
Outside of the fiesta challenge your options are unlimited.
There's a hidden endgame class that makes the last leg of the game much easier, try to find it.
>>
>>3335220
>>3335228
Go look up the Ancient Cave romhack.
>>
>>3334784
Doesn't he attack the back section which casts delta?
>>
>>3338287
Meant to quote >>3334775
>>
>>3335203
Depends on your jobs. I was blessed with timemage and samurai last year which make exdeath a breeze.
>>
>>3335498
Red Mage is only useful as a secondary once you've unlocked Dualcast.

Thats literally it.

Blue Mage is a better general purpose magic fighter.

White mage is a better healer.
Black mage is a better caster.
Summoner is better general purpose casting.

The only thing Red mage has going for it is early on you have access to a melee weapon and tier2 magic making them a decent general purpose character. That goes out the window the second level 3 magic comes into the mix.

If Red Mage didn't get dual cast they would be a worthless job. Dual cast is so good it costs 999 AP.
>>
>>3340347
That's why I said combinations.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.