[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think is the most popular classic game you have never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

What do you think is the most popular classic game you have never even played a second of?

I want to get into Castlevania, but it always seems to get put on the back burner. I've been burning through Shin Megami Tensei games, but I'm gonna try and get through Castlevania next.
>>
>>3331881
Metal Gear for the PS1. People say it's fucking great and stuff, but I'm not into that type of game so I've never played.
>>
I only played a few minutes of FF IV on emulator, ages ago (like in the year 2000), and never touched a Final Fantasy game again.

I don't know why, I just never did, I played Dragon Quest and SMT, but not FF.
>>
>>3331894
I don't think I've ever talked to anyone that likes Dragon Quest but not classic Final Fantasy. Dragon Quest is so vanilla that you would think that you could pick up any turn based JRPG.

That's not a slight on DQ, it's nice to have a traditional series when you look at what FF eventually turned into.
>>
>>3331903

It's not that I don't like FF, I just never played them.
I'll eventually play FF IV and maybe some of the others.
>>
Super Mario 64
>>
Final Fantasy 7
>>
>>3332068
>>3332029
Doesn't really work if you don't explain how you never found yourself playing one of those games.

I'm guessing if you never played SM64 you never had a N64 and got into the DS late because SM64DS was like the only game for so long.
>>
File: expired_twenty_years_ago.jpg (648KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
expired_twenty_years_ago.jpg
648KB, 2592x1944px
>>3331881
Earthbound is a game everyone loves, found cheap when no one wanted it and I missed out. My very first preorder ever was for Chrono Trigger (EB Games) and I was convinced to get Super Metroid through a EGM review. Sure, I could emulate, but I've got hundreds more SNES/SFC games I actually own that I've still not played which I feel a more pressing urge to play first. So I will never complete the holy trinity of SNES games with universal praise.
>>
>>3332091
I had a N64, I just never gave a shit about Mario. Sorry that I didn't drink the Nintendo koolaid like most people, but seeing how N64 drones won't shut up about their 6 fucking games 20 years later I can't say I'm not glad that I never got into that shit. I'd hate to think that I could have ended up like those deluded fucks who continue to defend a horrible piece of shit console just because of over-association with marketing absorbed during my childhood.

From what I've heard, the fact that I actually got to play Jumping Flash as a kid would probably have saved me from the Super Mario 64 indoctrination anyway. I really can't thank god enough that I got off the Nintenshit before they let their quality drop to the point that only oblivious diehards would still continue to blindly support them.
>>
Being honest most of really really popular titles. Metal Gear games, Crash (played CTR though), Spyro, Banjo, new non retro "classics" like KH, DMC or God of War and on. I don't know, it's not even a "I don't like the game" thing, I simply haven't had a moment where I actually desired to play them, maybe I'll have a good experience but I'm sure it'll not be anytime soon
>>
That's easy, Doom.
>>
File: Mischief1413811548771.png (69KB, 384x338px) Image search: [Google]
Mischief1413811548771.png
69KB, 384x338px
>>3332270

haha what the fuck.

Jumping Flash is great, as is Super Mario 64.

You're just a silly console warrior, 20 years later.

Talk about deluded fucks.
>>
>>3332172
>he thinks earthbound is good
>>
>>3334259
>he thinks earthbound is bad
>>
>>3334261
Earthbound is objectively shit. It is quite literally a Dragon Quest clone with a completely nonsensical story.
>>
>>3331894
well ffiv is crap so
>>
File: 1380993652180.jpg (52KB, 838x770px) Image search: [Google]
1380993652180.jpg
52KB, 838x770px
>>3334358
>literally a Dragon Quest clone

You're implying Dragon Quest is shit?
>>
>>3334389
No, but I am saying it is not at all new or innovative, which is literally what it gets some of the highest praise for from it's rabid fanbase.
>>
>>3334405

So you hate the fanbase, not the game. Don't be an idiot.

Fanbases are retarded, it's not something exclusive to Earthbound.
>>
>>3334409
In his defense, the shitty fanbase has no impact on the shitty story or characters, they're still shit regardless.
>>
>>3334451

Well, "shitty" is an opinion, and not an argument, so the point is moot.

It's obvious his beef with Earthbound are the fans and probably the high prices of the cart, not the game itself.

At least the Earthbound fanbase got some shit done, like the Mother 3 translations. Most other fanbases are obnoxious, but they still don't do shit.
>>
>>3334467
I mean the story is the most boring, generic, overdone mess you could possibly come up with. "Hurr go get these 7 songs to save the world because we said so"
>>
>>3334623

>summarize the plot in once sentence and add "hurr" to it

Well shit, I guess you won the argument. Your debate skills are top-notch.
>>
>>3331881
I've probably only ever played 10 minutes of Mario World and Mario 64

Never touched a Sonic after the first game.

Never played any of the DKC games at all.

Platformers bore me to tears.
>>
>>3331903
I've been into RPGs since I was a kid, and the only Dragon Quest I've played was the first one back on the NES.
>>
>>3334623
There's more than that in the story, like all of the silly moments and also the dialogue of the characters.
>>
>>3334623
Are you retarded? What exactly do you expect out of 16-bit JRPGs? Of course it's not going to be fucking Proust, it's on a 24-bit cartridge.
>>
>>3336292
There really isn't. The silly moments are literally "lol so random". They don't contribute anything or make any sense in context.
>>
>>3336280
How would you know they bore you if you don't even play them.
>>
>>3336308
There are many more platformers than just those games. In NES days I played a lot of them, Mario 1, 2, 3 etc. But was done by then and rarely bother with them since.
>>
>>3336306

You know what is "lol so random"? Your opinions.

Anti-Earthboundfags are more obnoxious than Earthboundfags at this point.
>>
>>3336306
No they're not, they're the point of the game. It's about the journey and the people around you.
>>
File: Parasite_Eve_II_Coverart.png (128KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
Parasite_Eve_II_Coverart.png
128KB, 252x252px
>>3331881
Resident Evil. I don't know why I can't get into it since Dino Crisis along with pic related are my favorite titles on PSX. Maybe it's the lack of atmosphere, or slightly worse controls/camera?
>>
>>3338132
Which RE games did you try? I like most of the old ones, but RE1 is definitely kind of clunky, and hard to pick up. If you haven't tried RE2, 3, or Code Veronica, give 'em a shot. RE4 is very good, as well.
>>
>>3338303
You're correct, I tried RE1 since it's the game everyone keeps on recommending in order to get into the series.
Thanks anon, I'll try them out sometime. RE4 has horrendous controls though as I've heard, need to repair my gamepad first.
>>
>>3334365
You're crap
>>
>>3332270
Holy fuck are you the autist OP from the Nintendo innovation thread?
>>
>>3332270
My god you're a faggot
>>
>>3337073
>the point of the game is the game has no point
that's some deep shit senpai
>>
I played FF7 from start to end but never touched another FF game again. No desire. I even tried replaying FF7, hated it.
Never played a DQ game.
I've started and finished every classic Sonic game...but never even touched 2.
Never played Chrono Trigger but have played almost every other classic Snes game.
>>
>>3339071
Why would you try replaying a game you didn't like the first time?

>never touched another FF game again
>Never played Chrono Trigger but have played almost every other classic Snes game.

These two together are funny
>>
>>3339090
Should have mentioned that I enjoyed it the first time around. Hated it every time I replayed it. Really weird.

Sadly I own Chrono Trigger and I never played it. Long story about losing it in a closet, finding it later, forgetting about it, etc
>>
>>3331881
Zelda
Any RPG
>>
>>3334358
>I don't know what a narrative is
>>
>>3334358
>>3334259
Damn kid, you are a dumb ass.
>>
>>3331881
The original xcom. I didn't have a pc until 2000. I heard that there is an unofficial port that makes it playable on modern systems (similar to doom source ports I guess) but I've never given them a go
>>
>>3339090

>Why would you try replaying a game you didn't like the first time?

I'm not that person but I didn't like Chrono Trigger the first few times I tried it.

Then like 10 years after the first time I gave it another go and really enjoyed it.

My tastes evolved over time.
>>
>>3338509
Re4 has the exact controls as the other games, people often don't realize it because of the change in perspective but if you don't like re4 controls you won't like the earlier games' controls
>>
>>3339048
It's Shigesato Itoi performance art, like almost all of his other business and artistic endeavors.
>>
FFVII and Chrono Trigger

The other FF games always seemed more interesting to me as a kid and I have the _DS_ version of Chrono Trigger but right now I've got too many RPGs to finish.
>>
File: 23443324234.png (53KB, 273x213px) Image search: [Google]
23443324234.png
53KB, 273x213px
this thread is infuriating. all of these games are utter classics.

you are all incorrect in not having played all of these games. ffs
>>
>>3331881
Please play this damn game (PSX version). It really is fantastic. Make your first playthrough at night in a dark room, preferably on a rainy night.

I've never played Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid,
>>
Any Zelda after Links Adventure
Any Mario after SMB3
Any Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, fighting games are boring to me.
>>
>>3331889
It's worth watching on Youtube, but I wouldn't go out of your way to play it. I say this as a die-hard MGS fan. The gameplay is indeed fun, but there isn't much of it to speak of. MG1 is something you experience, rather than strictly play.
>>
Castlevania
Metal Gear
Dragon Quest
>>
final fantasy 7
>>
File: 1410480597223.png (112KB, 398x378px) Image search: [Google]
1410480597223.png
112KB, 398x378px
Definitely Metal Gear Solid, it's been on the top of my "games I should play" list for over 12 years now but I always find something that seems more interesting to play.

>>3332270
>>3334623
>>3336306
Holy shit, that autism.
>>
>>3334261
I played up untill I found Po and it was just a snorefest the whole way through.
>>
>>3331881
Funny how now that I think about it, I didnt play several 3rd games even though I've played the first two: Castlevania 3, Sonic 3, Donkey Kong Country 3, Crash 3...
>>
I've never played any Wing Commander games and everything I've heard about them was gushing praise, such profound reverence by the fans to a degree I have never seen before or since; as if it's universally agreed that the series is an unprecedented masterpiece (at least until the 5th game or so I've heard)

From what I've seen of it looks more campy than anything else, does the gameplay live up to the hype?
>>
I've never played a Castlevania, Mega Man, or Metroid game so one of those.
>>
>>3340665
>MGS
don't waste your time
i was hella invested into those games for a while and now when i go back and play them i can't really sit thru the whole thing.
pure gimmicks
>>
>>3332068
Same here. I got a PS1 after the big boom about it and never got my hands on it. Played a whole bunch of other RPGs though.

I might just pop in the PC version when it goes on sale with the retranslation sometime.
>>
Every time I try to start up a game of Fallout I only make it to the first vault. I just can't force myself to enjoy it. Sorry, but it feels like ambien to me.
>>
>>3331881
I was a poor Genesis kid so I missed out on every SNES game in existence. I'm making that up, but slowly.

It's been a fun ride. I've gotten through most but not all the classics, just finished the DKC games.
>>
>>3331881
Crash Bandicoot (any of them)
>>
Mario Bros. 3
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.