[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is happening to my game? He's just spazzing out right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

What is happening to my game?
He's just spazzing out right there
Also the main menu had black lines
>>
No sound glitches and I don't see misplaces textures and whatnot
>>
Related, perhaps, was the oddity wherein my controller responded to the B button as Start, whilst the other keys did nothing.

Unplugging the machine remedied the issue, but was reproduced after an undetermined amount of time and game swaps.

No, Virginia, the paddle had Not been plugged in during operation.
>>
>>3331339
It's haunted, best to burn it now and salt the pcb.
>>
Your console is haunted, the only option is to burn it.
>>
>>3331371
>>3331372
But if I burn it, how would I play super mario
>>
>>3331382
I'd just like to interject. what you're referring to as "super mario" is in fact super mario + world or as I like to call it "SMW"
>>
>>3331382
Dead men play no games. Are you a Bruce Willis ghost? It's more likely than you think,
>>
Also, everything is normal in yoshi's house, I just can't go to any other level or place on the world map
>>
Did you purchase your cartridge from a garage sale ran by a suspicious elderly man? Is the label torn and/or replaced with a vague interpretation of the title written in black Sharpie(C)?

Answering yes to either of these will bring your chances of encountering hyper-realistic blood later while playing to at least 70%, and you're already around a good 30-35% chance of that happening.

Be ready to burn it anyway, and have your nearest priest on speed-dial.
>>
...I'm just going to run rubbing alcohol on the contacts in hopes that it was dust getting in the way
>>
>>3331415
No! You'll only anger it! You're playing with forces beyond your comprehension, anon.
>>
>>3331415
Rubbing alcohol did not work
>>
>>3331424
My snes must be at fault, because the triforce at the startup of link to the past was all glitchy too
>>
>>3331424
did you try another game to make sure its not the snes?
>>
>>3331429
try to clean the game cartridge port.
maybe wrap a thin cloth around a credit card and swipe it in.
>>
>>3331424
That's because rubbing alcohol is only recommended as a flamable substance to burn cursed games. If that fails, then time dawns upon thee to break out the holy water (from a candle, preferably).

Seriously though, best of luck and hope you can get it to work. Windex or any other window cleaner rubbed onto the contacts with a q-tip, and dried with the clean end of the q-tip is what worked for me in the past.
>>
Ok so I decided to start up my NES now with some Super Mario 3, all that showed was a white screen, nothing else, cleaned contacts with alcohol, still white screen

Tried zelda, still white screen, cleaning it now to see if what happens

Using AV cables btw
>>
>>3331565
Still white screen

Nothing happens on the white screen, or before and after it, it just stays a white screen.
>>
I'm tired of all this bullshit, I'm going back to emulation
>>
>>3331339
Looks like a RAM issue, like its having a problem loading the sprites into the memory.
If it's a RAM issue, you need a new SNES.
Should've used a power strip so your consoles don't fry out.
>>
>>3331602
But yoshi's house works fine, and I can do all movement there

Also, link to the past works fine except for the triforce intro
>>
>>3331606
Did you clean the console's cartridge connector? If you have issues with multiple games that's the place to start
>>
Try nudging the cart to the left while the SNES is on.

My NES does this sometimes with Metroid.
>>
>>3331565
>>3331571
>expecting an NES to be durable
>>
>>3332078
Guarantee that 80% of all NES's made 30 fucking years ago are still in working order.
>>
>>3332081
They turn on, but thanks to that damn 10NES lockout system Nintendo put in to keep out unlicensed games, the connector pins wore out quickly, so trying to play an NES game nowadays is a real hassle.
Toploaders don't have this problem, though, since they lacked the lockout chip.
>>
>>3331598
lmao
>>
>>3332089
Thats a good point.
I imagine tons of normies threw theirs out thinking the motherboard was damaged or some shit
>>
>>3331339
Emulation?
>>
your retron5 is having a meltdown

save your wife and her son get out of the house
>>
>>3332161
This is stupid, everyone knows that the retron 5 saves marriages, not ruins them.
>>
>>3332089
You think because they put a chip in the console it makes the pins wear out quicker?
>>
>>3331371
This.

Did you get it for dirt cheap from some blind guy at a flea market? Did Mario cry hyper realistic blood while mourning Princess Toadstool? Did Yoshi's corpse appear upside down every time you hit a box? Did a metallic scream burst out of the TV's speakers and cut the power to your house?

If so, definitely haunted.
>>
>>3332089
Playing nes today is a complete fucking pain in the ass. Most of the time it won't read it and i have 2 systems.
>>
>>3331339
SNES's do very very strange things when certain chips start to go out.
>>
That's why i have 5 SNES consoles.
>>
>>3331598
>this isn't even my final form
>>
>>3334382
>Not having a glorious $15 Famicom
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.