[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo II's anniversary is today! Is this game still worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Diablo_II_Coverart[1].png (166KB, 256x362px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_II_Coverart[1].png
166KB, 256x362px
Diablo II's anniversary is today!
Is this game still worth playing in this day and age?
[spoilers]I beat games like Titan's Quest and Torchwood 2, but never finished Diablo II[/spoilers]
>>
>>3327093
aaand I fucked up the tags. Ctrl+s doesn't work for me.
>>
So, no one played Diablo?
>>
>>3328286

yep
>>
>>3327093
>is the game still worth playing in this day and age

Absolutely. It's still one of the best, most enjoyable hack n slash RPGs available. Character build actually matters, unlike the latest one which is essentially overhead grimdark WoW.
>>
>>3327093
absolutely, but never really beaten Hell on my own. but this one friend i introduced got lucky early in the game with 34% magic find gloves in act 2, normal mode. In his first pursuit, he found tyrael's might, leviathan kraken shell, lightsabre and other goodies, without boss running (he was a zeal paladin fanatism), which allowed him a somewhat smooth ride to beating hell in his first playthrough.

im still puzzled by that because he didnt have a high magic find rate.
>>
Why can't any modern game get what made D2 so fun? I just about puke when I think about Path of Exile
>>
>>3329031
I think it's that companies are more obliged to play it safe, never do anything that might be new and surprising enough to actually really resonate with people, either for better or worse.
>>
>>3329031
diablo 2 has a great aesthetic, new games don't
>>
>>3327093
playing ladder as we speak

just dropped LO in the pit, gonna make a fort for my merc

what armor to choose? I'd like a eth bugged
>>
>>3327093
Ehh, Diablo 1 was better.

Diablo 2 wasn't bad, but there's a few mods that improve it a lot.
>>
>>3327093
Best place to buy Diablo 2 nowadays? I'd prefer a physical copy
>>
>>3329156
what kind of physical copy? original boxes are vintage and go for 50 bucks or so on eBays.

repros are dime a dozen and can be found literally everywhere. however, they're cheap shit with no cool stuff like manuals, maps and cooler cardboard boxes.
>>
>>3329174
Don't really care, just as long as it comes with the expansion and the key is guaranteed to work online. Looks like there are still stores selling the Diablo 2 Battle Chest for ~$20, so I'll probably pick up one of those
>>
File: Hammerdin-D2.jpg (44KB, 222x222px) Image search: [Google]
Hammerdin-D2.jpg
44KB, 222x222px
>>3328452
D3 does require certain builds to get really far in the hardcore rift ladder. Or it did when I played it about a year ago. The "endless challenge" system it took on sort of forces that to happen because one build is always the best in every game.

I think hardcore is the only real way to play Diablo and its clones because without fear and being on edge the endgame loses purpose.

>>3329031
PoE was fantastic in beta/on release. There's nothing actually wrong with it today, it's just run on a while for an indie game. Still totally playable. Definitely has a different atmosphere as some mentioned which may be a turnoff. I'd say D3 has surpassed it now though. Good job to Blizzard for pulling it together. Too bad no one cares about it anymore.
>>
How cute, i began the game just today, after at least 10 years of bot playing, completed the first act in 8 hours as a necromanter and fucking loving every second of it
>>
>>3327093
one of my favourite games
still worth playing
>>
I had no idea it was the anniversary, funny coincidence is I decided tonight to punch all the keys from my old Blizz games into battle.net so I can download them from where ever. I'm about to play D2 right now.
>>
>>3329842
What kind of necromancer?

Because I gotta be honest, even though minionmaster is very suboptimal, it's the funnest way to play.
>>
>>3329152
I remember finding a grandfather sword in a game with mates, dropping it (don't know why) and disconnecting. Reconnected to the game and it was stuck in a wall, inaccessible for some reason.
>>
Reminder that Diablo II Lord of Destruction is being played at SGDQ on Saturday July 9th.
>>
>>3327093
Literally my favorite game of all time. I have so many great memories playing this while growing up.
It really is a shame what a piece of shit Diablo 3 turned out to be.
>>
>>3330731
Thanks, anon! Had completely forgotten about SGDQ.
>>
>>3327093
im anxiously waiting for sigma which is shaping up to be the d3 we've never received.
>>
>>3329458
Then do that. It's a overstock release, you can get it with cereals.
>>3330051
Fishymancer. CE AOE is just too good + it's cookie cutter MF
>>
File: dot dot dot.png (27KB, 734x351px) Image search: [Google]
dot dot dot.png
27KB, 734x351px
how to spot cucks online in the new world
>>
Been playing the game

I'm a level 27 Necromancer, my gear is pretty bad
How do I beat Diablo solo on Normal?

Yes, I know I just need to git gud, but how? I don't have the gear and I rolled a summonmancer but Diablo's AOE lightning attack takes out most of their HP so they die pretty quickly

Then, I gotta go back to Act III like a fuckin scrub and go kill some low levels to gather more skeletons.

I did this for Act II/III, but for Diablo I can barely scratch the fucker.
>>
>>3331454
Whenever I made it to that point I would have to rely on my merc and golem to whittle him down and hold attention. So go in with your horde, horde dies but you still have your golem and merc. Golem dies, make a new one, merc dies, go back to town and res him, damage him with whatever you have, rinse, repeat.
>>
This game was great. Best time I had in this game was playing with a friend from my tfc clan. He played a bear druid and I played a wind druid. Cleared hell and ubers at around lvl 90 hc. Think hurricane was at lvl 39 with all the +skills I had. Arctic blast would extend off the edge of the screen.
>>
>>3331454
Clay golem + decrepify

That'll slow him down a lot, enough for your other summons to put some damage in
>>
>>3331454
decrep and wait

everything a shit on norma
>>
>>3327093
To this day I still prefer the first. I did play through Diablo 2 for the 2nd time a few months ago. It lacks the magic. I think its just because it was so blatantly made for multiplayer. Destroys the atmosphere.
>>
>>3332205

That's why people love it and still play it though becoz of battlenet and multi aspect and d1 not so much (granted you can still find people online in d1 too)

The sheer amount of builds items rws and rares + the the best and the most fast paced glitch and frame based dueling system you can find imo

or d2 classic is pretty fun too to this day if you aren't into lod

+ the 8ppl race to the first hell baal run of the ladder in hc is still fun as fuck
>>
>>3329156
Walmart? I literally see those huge bundle boxes in chain stores even today, it's kinda crazy.
>>
>>3327093
>Is this game still worth playing in this day and age?

It's a video game, not a cell phone.
>>
What's the best way to play D2? I've beaten diablo 1 multiple times. Haven't tried hellfire though. I liked it a lot. Is it better to play D2 multiplayer or solo? Everything i read says you pretty much have to play it multi.
>>
>>3332814
>What's the best way to play D2?
Whichever you want honestly. Try random builds and see what you like. Stop playing when you stop finding the build fun. For a lot of them, this might not take long.
>Is it better to play D2 multiplayer or solo?
Multi.
>Everything i read says you pretty much have to play it multi.
You don't. Summon necromancer is the easiest to solo with throughout most of the game.
>>
>>3332814
If it's your first time, you need to have a proper playthrough experience. Complete at least normal and familiarize yourself with the journey. Multiplayer is like the olympics, where almost everyone is obsessed with grinding, skipping, rushing.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.