[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I bought one of these and I have no clue how to hook it up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 300px-Xrgb-mini-back.jpg (16KB, 300x161px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Xrgb-mini-back.jpg
16KB, 300x161px
so I bought one of these and I have no clue how to hook it up to my genesis. I also have a jp21 scart cable that doesnt need a converter, but I thought you could just hook it up to the framemiester using the scart and output hdmi, but I dont see any scart plug in for it. do I need some kind of jp21 scart to RGB for it also?
>>
>>3326694
How could you drop that much money on something and do no research on how it works?
>>
>>3326694
never mind /vr/ i forgot about the cable they give you in the box, but now im getting no input no matter what I do and I have no clue whats up.
>>
Update: I console works fine with the video cables that I had with the system, but it doesnt work when hooked up through the Framemeister with the rgb to scart cables is there anyway to test this at all without, shelling out more money for cables to a different system? to to see if it is the cables for this system or am I fucked? tried googling this shit but its no help.
>>
>>3326694
Try setting the input of the framemeister to RGB (upper right button on the remote which says "RGB")
>>
>>3326768

im not sure if its the scart to rgb mini cable running to the framemister itself or if its the jp21 to the genesis hook up cable but when I connect the two I get a bit of sound then its cuts out with no picture at all. id hate to keep buying cords and shit for this thing if its just the framemister itself some how, but at this point I have no clue, I have also updated the framemister with the lastest firmware so I have no clue at all. I bought the cord from a reputable seller of these things, but I have no clue what so ever.
>>
>>3326825
Please stop calling it SCART if it is not in the Euro spec, just JP21 will do if it is in fact JP21 spec. If it is JP21 ... the connection should be Gen/MD -> JP21 cable -> the default JP21 to farmemeister mini-DIN RGB connector -> framemeister.

When the framemeister turns on, you should have a blue screen with "NO_INPUT" onscreen (assuming the MD/Genesis is off). Once you power on the Genesis, it may take 4 seconds for the framemeister to sync up (a weakness of the framemeister from prior XRGB, which was instant).

Also make sure the framemeister is set to output HDMI or DVI as you specify ... like 1920x1080_60P if your screen accepts that resolution (or 720_60P or whatever your TV needs/likes)
>>
File: 3879247923.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
3879247923.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>3326852
ok this is my set up tell me what I am doing wrong. I have everything set up how it should be the output it set to hdmi at 1080p 60 and even when I have it powered on it never will get picture at all. I have the rgb in into the jp21 into the console with a hdmi outpout.
>>
>>3326891
I am getting no input , I turn on the console, some sound happens, then I get no signal on my tv. this is what is happening.
>>
OP I get the feeling you have too much money to spend, but your brain isn't big enough to spend it wisely.
>>
>>3326901
if you have nothing to help me why even bother posting or do you need to post your shitty input into others peoples problems?
>>
>>3326891

Connection-wise looks good to me.

I will assume the JP21 female to framemeister mini-DIN RGB should be fine since it came with the system. The "sound" you refer to, is that the game sound or just a kind of "pop/buzz" giving an impression some signals have just kicked in?
>>
>>3326980
Well my tv is telling me I am getting no signal but I know the frame mister is outputting because I'm getting the blue "no input" from the frame mister without the console being turned on. When I turn on the console the screen will go black for a few seconds then I get my tv telling me that there is no signal
>>
>>3327032
Never mind i am dumb I re read the sellers page and that cord that I bought isn't for scart scalers only scart devices and that is why it doesn't work
>>
>>3326694
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b3fOde0EBnY
check this guys review , he explains how he set his up so it might be relevant
>>
>>3326852
>please stop calling something what it is, call it what i say
Sounds like you've got a terminal case of the tism
>>
File: selecty21.jpg (686KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
selecty21.jpg
686KB, 2592x1944px
>>3327125
Actually no, it is confusing because the connectors appear to be the same. However the pinout signals are very different. With an expensive device like the framemeister, it is imperative to get the correct format, because you do not want to blow out and destroy the device. Some electrical signals in Euro SCART will be sent to pins which the framemeister's native JP21 spec shouldn't be accepting that amount for those specific pins.

>>3327075
I am glad that got resolved. Now you have a choice. Go with Euro SCART standard which you will be unable to use that little cable that came with the framemeister plugging into the RGB-in port, or stick with the JP21 standard.

I am the rare variety that was using JP21 RGB from a long time ago, because Nintendo and Sega had official RGB cables in Japan which I have for their systems. The downside of JP21, are the switchboxes if you want to hook up multiple systems to the framemeister may be costly and very limited: Selecty21 for mechanical (no power necessary) having only 3 ports or the JP21 gscartsw with and abundant 8 ports but you'd have to hunt down a JP21 male to JP21 male cable.

The Euro SCART standard is more popular now with the rise of youtube, and everyone knows of it. You will need to buy a replacement cable for Euro SCART to the framemeister's RGB-in mini-DIN. The switchboxes for Euro SCART are plentiful. Please note that Euro SCART does not always mean RGB, because it was a one size fits all port from composite, to S-video, to RGB.

I really wanted to help you out with your framemeister issues, because I really enjoy playing my games on monitors for decades. I hope you will get the same joy too in playing your old games. I do not regret getting my framemeister.
>>
>>3326694
You were supposed to get a RGB scart cable, JP21 is wrong and you may have fucked up your Framemeister with it.
>>
File: IMG_20160507_184406.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160507_184406.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>3326891
From what I can see that looks fine if a bit unstable.
you sure the seller you bought it from didn't rewire the adapter for scart for you?
what psu are you using anon? if it's not supplying enough power it might not show anything. First try something you know to work in the composite or s-video in as a test. Remember to switch the input to the relevent video format though.

>>3327075
that shouldn't matter at all unless you mean the adapter. Whatever cord will work with a scart tv will work with the mini unless it is only wired up for composite or something like that.

>>3328078
this is completely wrong unless you've modded the adapter it came with in some way. in the long run though anon you're better going with euroscart because of price and availability
>>
>>3328078
OP, this guy is trying to get you to ruin your framemeister. JP21 = OK, SCART = NOT GOOD.
>>
I have had issues with frame rate on Genesis consoles, before too. If I set my scaler to locked 60hz I did not get a picture at all, however unlocking the frame rate at all worked fine.
Not sure if the framemeister acts the same way.
I would look into this if you replace the connector and still have trouble.
>>
>>3328331
oh yeah op should check the sync level under sync_set in the menu. just try different values until you hone in on a stable picture.
>>
File: qg3qymcavesnccgcd1gh.gif?29827.gif (2MB, 636x323px) Image search: [Google]
qg3qymcavesnccgcd1gh.gif?29827.gif
2MB, 636x323px
As someone who is interested in getting a Framemeister eventually, is it capable of saving profiles for different consoles so that they don't have to be manually adjusted every time I change systems?
>>
>>3330729

As of the latest firmware, profiles can be saved to a microSD card (no need for high capacity). However, you may want to take the microSD card out and rename them on your computer to something you can remember (in the old 8 non special character filename dot bin). They are extremely useful since I do switch between 4 component sources and over 5 RGB sources and sometimes different scaling methods for different display resolutions even on the same console).

A video explaining profiles (the channel also has some pretty good profiles, but they do crop the picture a bit on the top and bottom):
https://youtu.be/7NJT4cVSAsE
>>
>>3330752
Thanks, that looks really handy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.