[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think would be better for a first time blind playthrough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2360279-baldur.png (4MB, 1531x2120px) Image search: [Google]
2360279-baldur.png
4MB, 1531x2120px
What do you think would be better for a first time blind playthrough of Baldur's Gate - vanilla or BGT/Tutu?

I installed both Baldur's Gate games and was going to install either BGT or Tutu that make BG1 run in BG2's engine, but the more I read on it the more I started second guessing myself. With the proficiency differences between the two games, apparently you can screw yourself over a bit if you build your characters with proficiencies for weapons that aren't going to be available until the very end of BG1. Since the mods don't apparently put more weapon variety into BG1 to make up for the new changes. Apparently modding it onto BG2's engine will also ramp up the difficulty, especially at lower levels? There's also the EE version which apparently have fixed their bugs, but that presents some of the same issues.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
>>
>>3325685
Vanilla you shit dick.
BGT/Tutu is fine if it's not your first time.
Avoid EE like the plague.

There are plenty of guides that recommend which mods to use to fix all the "problems" with the games if that's the only reason you want to use BGT/Tutu
>>
>>3325694
Be nice.

But yes, I totally agree. Vanilla only first time.

The only games that that may need updates are "incomplete" games like Fallout 2.
>>
>>3325685
also EE version adds a whole bunch of stuff that changes the flavor of the game
>>
>>3325707
It's hard to be nice to post-millennials that don't know the cardinal rule for playing older games for the first time.
>always vanilla
>>
>>3325685
>Apparently modding it onto BG2's engine will also ramp up the difficulty, especially at lower levels?

It makes kiting harder; but that's about it. This is offset by the fact that BG is just...wonky (random shit can happen such as the golem in the mage tower just deciding to kill you just because) and also slower movement means more time for the archers all through the game to shoot you.
>>
>>3325716
Thanks, I'll just stick with EE ^_^
>>
>>3325685
Install every single recommended mod using the mega-mod installation guide (300+ page PDF).

Be a real man. I had a full modded installation at one point, shit was like 21 GB. There was this wizard bitch just standing around in the inn at Beregost and she'd summon fucking balors and pound my ass at low level. Nice balance.
>>
>>3325748
Fuck you piece of shit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3325785
Nevermind, looks like Beamdog took out Spellhold Studios with legal action, and replaced everything at Sorcerer's with "Enhanced Edition" shilling rather than info and links for modding the game(s).

Was good while it lasted. Shame to see hundreds of thousands of hours of work by The Community get destroyed. But they need their shekels.
>>
>>3325787
Without EE you can't play Siege of Drangspear which is GOAT
>>
>>3325795
They had a harddrive crash and are working on restoring the site from backups.
>>
>>3325796
It's not GOAT if it uses false edition rules like Heart of Winter, Icewind Dale 2, and ToB. Anything from 3E and on is false. Only True AD&D makes for proper games.
>>
File: 1452734673050.png (6KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452734673050.png
6KB, 320x288px
>>3325796
>which is GOAT

Why would you lie like that?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.