[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a discussion about the different revisions of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Can we have a discussion about the different revisions of this game? It seems like so much rebalancing was done between revisions, and not all of it good. For instance, later revisions made food appearance much more scarce, to the point where you couldn't even collect enough food to offset the cumulative damage caused by the in-game timer, unless you caved in and fed the machine more quarters.

Also, I wonder if there's a way to know which revisions of the ROM are used in the various emulated compilations ported to home consoles.
>>
>>3324649
Basically, with each revision the game got harder. Also, the barbarian and wizard were toned down in the revisions. They were much stronger originally.

Just a FYI, the Japanese Genesis version of Gauntlet, which is based off the original code, and is practically arcade-perfect outside of occasional slowdowns and flickering, is based off a version where the barbarian and wizard weren't toned down yet.
>>
>>3324753

Are you referring to Tengen's Gauntlet IV, or was there a straight up port of the arcade game as well?
>>
>>3324785
it's 2 games in one. a straight up port of gauntlet 1, and it has a couple other modes, such as a full-feature "adventure/rpg" mode and a battle mode. maybe some other things, i can't remember. it's been a while since i've played
>>
>>3325181
Does only the JP release have the original revision scheme?

And is it really impossible to clear very far into later revisions without credit feeding?
>>
>>3325181
Yes that's gauntlet 4. The quest mode is cool and the music is great.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.