[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know if there's a translation for this out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Osomatsu Kun (Japan)-0.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Osomatsu Kun (Japan)-0.png
3KB, 256x224px
Does anyone know if there's a translation for this out? it's the osomatsu-kun game on NES/Famicom if you're wondering, also if not tips on translating or editing text on NES/Famicom games would help
>>
Why do you need to translate every Famicom game? Who gives a shit about a game based on an untranslated manga and anime?
>>
>>3324290
why do you care about him translating?
>>
>>3324290
I do, I actually liked the anime, besides if it was translated what damage would that cause?
>>
>>3324290
Osomatsu had a fujoshit oriented reboot in the past year, so they're all scrambling to pretend they cared about the old series or some shit for extra nerd cred.

Can't think of anything sadder, especially when the new show wasn't even as good as the completely outdated showa era show.
>>
>>3324295
I'll give you two options:
1) I'm butthurt that the game I'm waiting to get translated isn't translated but this is.
2) I dislike translations and those that rely on them
>>
>>3324298
Well actually I liked the 80s one more than the recent one, (mostly because that one centered around iyami) and I mean to each is one's own, I was just curious because if there isn't one I'd be more than happy to give it a shot myself and translate it. also >>3324302 what game did you want exactly? I'm still learning japanese but I'll try to do it eventually.
>>
>translating games is bad
Sometimes I feel like the likes of /lit/ and /mu/ are easygoing, casual folks compared to the depths of aspergeroid elitism /vr/ puts out
>>
>>3324307
Seriously, did someone make this thread and then link an /a/ general here to shit all over anyone who thinks it's a dumb idea? Man, you chicks are defensive as all fuck.

>>3324306
Can't wait to see your amateur level Japanese tackling a shitty tie-in game pumped out by a trash developer in a few months to make a bit of money off 10 year olds.
>>
>>3324307
/vr/ wasn't always this bad. I don't know what happened but it has gotten really bad in the last year or so.
>>
>>3324310
Ok, listen, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't know why everyone in this thread is so upset, I asked a question about a game and possibly ROM hacking and you could've just responded by telling me there isn't one or just anything more productive than bitching that someone wanted to do something that wont even remotely affect you in any way if you didn't even care about this game to begin with you fucking asshat.
>>
>>3324312
Listen if translations were such a bad thing here could someone have at least put it in the rules? I mean again I was just curious and I know /v/ and /a/ definitely aren't the place for a thread about this despite the subject material so I came here.
>>
>>3324313
Maybe if you spent 2 seconds on Google asking a dumb shit question like "is this crappy tie-in game for a series that isn't even translated somehow translated?" then you wouldn't have needed to make this thread.

Fuck off back to Tumblr, start a new one or whatever it is you crazy cat ladies do with "OSOMATSU ROMHACK PROJECT" as the name and shill it all over your dumb community, then hope someone who knows how to replace text in a Famicom game shows up to help you (hint, they won't, because nobody gives a shit about this show).

>>3324315
Translations are fine. Asking for help on a fucking imageboard instead of somewhere sensible isn't.
>>
>>3324318
Ok fine then get one of the mods to delete the thread or something, jesus christ. and I'm not even a woman, I just really liked this show and the game seems fun, and google doesn't do shit but bring up gamefaqs links. I honestly don't know why you're so upset, and while yes asking somewhere else would have been better, editting text has to be a really easy thing in ROM hacking because you're not actually changing game mechanics or anything so I figured someone here would know.
>>
>>3324323
>editting text has to be a really easy thing in ROM hacking because you're not actually changing game mechanics or anything
Ahahaahahahaahahahahaha

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

ASDLSFGHJLGSDFHJ;LSDF;LKSDJK;LSDFJ;KWERFIOP
>>
>>3324325
what is that wrong? if it is then fine, I'm not going to argue, I just thought it was because I've seen plenty of text only hacks before.
>>
>>3324327
Substituting Japanese text with English text is pretty complicated.
Words have a different length and you have to deal with shit like half-width characters.
>>
>>3324336
ok, thats understandable I suppose, thats all that needed to be said really in the first place.
>>
>>3324345
You must remember how important /vr basement dwellers opinions are, as they are obviously correct no matter what. That's why they have so many real life friends
>>
>>3324382
Oh yeah, I forgot...
>>
>>3324306
not him but famicom tantei club, the snes sequel got fan translated like 15 years ago but the first one is still only in Japanese, wtf
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.