[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a converter or a modded snes be able to handle these things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 14665797175351938938264.jpg (79KB, 984x738px) Image search: [Google]
14665797175351938938264.jpg
79KB, 984x738px
Would a converter or a modded snes be able to handle these things?

Theyre cheaper for some import games I want but im Not sure wether theyd work.
>>
Why don't you get an unlicensed flash cartridge?
>>
>>3324036
For one series in particular im trying to get all games in the series as a physical copy, 1 game in that series was released on these carts (aswell as a rare detail release) so thats why i want to know
>>
>>3324047
Nintendo Power isn't a physical copy. It's a flash cartridge you could use to download games from terminals.
>>
>>3324051
I guess, if you look at it that way

But could i use them on my snes converter?
>>
whats going on?

for other lurkers that got curious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Power_(cartridge)
>>
American SNES and super famicom are identical hardware-wise all the way down to the lockout chips. Games are completely unable to tell the two apart. If you want to run japanese games all you need to do is remove two tabs in the bottom of the cartridge slot that prevent japanese cartridges from being fully inserted and making electrical contact.

If you have a European/Australian SNES you cannot run Japanese games without modding the console to accept 60Hz NTSC games and also modifying the lockout chip.
>>
>>3324021
Yes
>>
>>3324021
I wonder..... is there a software that can change the files on these things?

I mean, we do have access to cart dumpers nowadays.... but would it be able to edit the slots?
>>
>>3325297
>nowadays
top kek kid. Cart dumpers have been around since before you were born.
>>
>>3324047
>For one series in particular im trying to get all games in the series as a physical copy
I remember you.

You're the guy who was looking for a copy of Super Famicom Wars, right?
>>
>>3325034
I have a EU snes with a Fire FX converter sofar it plays everything i throw at it

>>3325447
Fire Emblem actually, tho super famicom wars seems really fun too
>>
>>3325810
I had to look that up because I didn't know what it was. So it's a slot coverter and uses a PAL SNES cartridge to bypass the lockout chip, neat. I'm guessing it runs games at 50Hz though right?
>>
>>3325832
Yes 50hz but on the games i played (mainly rpgs) i didnt even notice it that much, for example with Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the holy war the only time i noticed was during the intro where music Plays faster than the intro video, but during actual gameplay i didnt rly notice anything
>>
>>3325852
Fair enough.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.