[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emulating the 8 bit versions of Sonic 1 and 2, should I go with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Sonic the Hedgehog.jpg (32KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic the Hedgehog.jpg
32KB, 260x226px
Emulating the 8 bit versions of Sonic 1 and 2, should I go with Master System or Game Gear?
>>
Master System. It has a larger resolution so you can see obstacles around you easier.
>>
Also Sonic Chaos is available on Master System and there's a "GG2SMS" hack of Sonic Triple Trouble. So if you end up beating those two and want to play the sequels... there you go.
>>
>>3320265
From what I heard Sonic Chaos looks slightly better on GG.
>>
>>3320287
Looks better doesn't matter compared to the resolution in my opinion.
>>
>>3320239
Some levels are different on the two systems so might want to try them both.
>>
File: gear.gif (2MB, 399x285px) Image search: [Google]
gear.gif
2MB, 399x285px
>>3320239
GG version has an updated Sonic sprite with enhanced 'tude. Most of the changes in level layout >>3320409 are mostly fixes to cope with the narrowed field of view

I grew up with the PAL SMS version, so playing the GG one back then was nice if only for the gameplay speedup. It's not a difficult game, but if you're playing it for the first time I'd go for the SMS one so you can at least tell where you're going
>>
Sonic 2 on GG is practically unplayable, go for the SMS version.
>>
this thread made me give it another go.

it's so fucking unforgiving. jungle zone whoops my ass.
>>
Is there even a single video game where the game gear is better than the master system one?
>>
>>3321039
absolutely not
>>
File: .gif (219KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
219KB, 500x500px
>>3321045
I still want to try Streets of Rage though, the tiny sprites are so cute. Already played both the SMS and the Mega Drive versions, so I guess I should complete the circle.
>>
don't forget chaos, just play sms, don't fall for the hype, the actual hardware was...not portable.

>coolrom
ew, run viri scanner cause your pc probably now has aids.
>>
>>3321039
The Lucky Dime Caper. It doesn't have the annoying time limit from the Master System version and Donald always have a hammer.
>>
>>3321039
>>3321045
A couple game gear games are not just SMS ports and a couple of those are better than the SMS versions, like alien storm.
>>
>>3320262
Sounds like the SMS version is more casualised then.

I'm going with Game Gear.
>>
>>3321110
>coolrom
Thats not the only site for roms.
>>
>>3321143
for those of you playing along at home, this is what actual mental retardation looks like
>>
>>3321003
just played through again, got all the way to the final boss and ran out of continues fml
>>
>>3320239
GameGear resolution is fucked. Thats how I played it as a kid with the gg and I could never beat the later stages because they have death spike pits everywhere. Still enjoyed them.
>>
>>3320239
The system that they were designed for. If you play a port of a console game on a handheld system with a tiny screen there's gonna be trouble. It's no wonder so many people who think of these as 'Game Gear games' hate them. They're Master System games.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.