[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to learn to speedrun Super Metroid with an Xbox360 controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Trying to learn to speedrun Super Metroid with an Xbox360 controller is miserable.

What controller do you recommend /vr/?
>>
>>3317438

The SNES controller you mong.
>>
>>3317443
But which of the ones on Amazon are any good?
>>
File: 61O8NZuAdsL._SL1001_.jpg (60KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
61O8NZuAdsL._SL1001_.jpg
60KB, 1001x1001px
>>3317438
>>3317447
honestly dawg, if you want to learn speedrunning you need to do it on an OG snes. but if you cant afford it/ dont want to move over to the real deal (https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E) this an alright choice
>>
Classic controller on Wii chafes my buttocks as well.
>>
I speed run Super Metroid with the WiiU gamepad but I wan't to buy a SNES cart of the game so bad but I just don't have the money and don't want to buy a usb controller. I use R for shooting, ZR for missle selection, L and ZL for angles, Y for run, and B for jumping. It's good for what it is and I can get a good time my only issue is the d-pad at certain points. I can do what I can for the most part without fail but there are some issues like wall jumping that long shaft in the beginning of the game because the d-pad is just not made for performing that maneuver one after the other.
>>
Japanese Saturn Pad for 2D games, Dualshock 2 for 3D games.
>>
File: Sega-Saturn-JP-3D-Pad.jpg (2MB, 2160x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Sega-Saturn-JP-3D-Pad.jpg
2MB, 2160x2500px
>>3318147
unless you're playing NiGHTS ofc

Actually some N64 games have pretty bullshit unintuitive controls on anything other than a N64 pad
>>
>>3317438
I use a ps4 controller because it doesn't need a dongle if you have a hood Bluetooth adapter already. Intel makes good ones built into their WiFi cards, and the there's other articles about what dongles you can pick, I think it just needs to be an official Broadcom 2.1+ chipset
>>
>>3317438
There is no system you can play Super Metroid with a 360 controller on where your speedrun will be valid.
>>
>>3317508
retro link controllers are cheap and last forever
>>
>>3317438
PlayStation controller-- any of them.

The DPAD on PS controllers has always been king of DPAD's on modern controllers.

Hands down, there is no argument to be made. It is just simply better than the rest because each direction is separated with plastic, whereas other controllers like the 360 use a big peice of plastic for the DPAD making it imprecise.
>>
File: Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg (3MB, 3700x2080px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg
3MB, 3700x2080px
>>3318254

non-segmentated d-pads are better and feel more natural, while still holding precision.
>>
>>3318257
Nintendo D-Pads have always felt incredibly stiff and uncomfortable to me.
IMO for D-pads:
Sega Mega Drive/Saturn > PlayStation > Nintendo > Anything else

Nintendo d-pads aren't the worst I've used. Xbox 360, Sega master system and Sega Dreamcast are worse, but I'd take MD/Saturn or any Sony controller over a Nintendo controller any day of the week.
>>
>>3317438

Super Metroid is still not-retarded priced, just buy it.

I picked up a mint condition one on the resellers' bay for $60, and you can go cheaper if you don't mind a bit of fading or yellowing. It's comparably priced to modern games and it's not a big deal to pay the same prices for one of the best games of all time.

learn a skill you fucking neet
>>
>>3318564
Super Famicom version is literally 1:1 identical and still sells for $10
>>
>>3318596

Don't the cartridges wobble and freeze up easily when you bump them after the necessary slot mod?

Anyways I've since bought an everdrive so I'm not too concerned anymore.
>>
>>3318615
No. The tabs don't do anything other than blocking SFC carts from being inserted
>>
>>3318218
This tbqhywf. My usb Sega Saturn controller has taken a lot of abuse, and it works almost like new.
>>
>>3318257
This one obv
>>
>>3318549
To be fair, while the Playstation D-Pad is good at the start, it will wear out extremely quickly and then progressively lose precision.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.