[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best version of the sega genesis? 1, 2 or 3? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: sega-genesis-console.jpg (36KB, 390x261px) Image search: [Google]
sega-genesis-console.jpg
36KB, 390x261px
whats the best version of the sega genesis? 1, 2 or 3? I'm saying this because im looking to collect sega games that I've played from my childhood. I want to play these games on a HDTV. I was thinking about getting one of those Mini Framemeisters if possible to use one of those with it. have any ideas /vr/? I used to have a V2 but thats long gone now.
>>
>>3316140
model 1 that says High Definition Graphics on top mainly because the sound chip on it is the best.

I have a model 2 and I'm fine with it but someday I'm buying a modded console
>>
>>3316140
Model 1 is fine.
>>
In theory, a modded early Model 2 has the best sound quality.

But out of the non modded it's an early Model 1.
>>
File: IMAG0520.jpg (1MB, 2048x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0520.jpg
1MB, 2048x1520px
I swear by the model 2 va4 revision. Got 3 and counting.

Never liked that you have to use the headphone jack for stereo output on the model 1.
>>
The very first Model 1 that they made without the HDG labeling is actually the best. It has everything the previous models did but withouthrainbow banding. You have to check the back ports to tell the difference between non HDG models.

For the Model 2, try to get a VA3 or VA4 with the 3/4 motherboard.
>>
>>3316140
see below
>>3316152
>>3316174

model 1 also has a better picture quality and and pallet. For some reason model 2 makes certain shades darker, faded, and/or has these horrible lines that go across the picture. Sounds varies as well. Sound adds a ham radio type sound sometimes.

Model 3 is like the emulator rom filter version of the genesis. Same thing with sound, it tries to clean it up. On some games its compariable with model 1.
>>
I have a model 1 Genesis
>>
I mean model 2
>>
>>3316140
Model 1.
>>
>>3316140
Japanese launch model (VA0) is the de facto version. Anything later is inferior.
>>
>>3316618
>i love jail bars
Are you black?
>>
>>3316140
Ypu also will want to route the the headphone jack to the TV for stereo sound.
>>
>>3316140
>HDTV
Stop. Use an emulator. Don't use 8/16 bit consoles on a HDTV for the love of god.
>>
File: Peasant_cables.jpg (102KB, 594x614px) Image search: [Google]
Peasant_cables.jpg
102KB, 594x614px
>>3316329
I have one of these and I'm really happy with it. The composite isn't even as bad as I was fearing, although I plan to upgrade to component cables when they become available. Sound through the headphone jack is incredible.

I also have a very poorly treated HDG model I picked up recently but it just sends a black screen.
>>
File: 1336102987132.jpg (40KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1336102987132.jpg
40KB, 240x320px
>>3316140
>the Model 3 Genesis
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 321x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 321x241px
>>3316140
1 and 2 are fine, avoid 3 at all costs. If you don't wanna invest in a framemeister, wait for HD Retrovision's Genesis Component cables. They'll make the Genesis look miles better on your hdtv.
>>
I had the model 1, best Christmas ever. Sonic the Hedgehog, Spiderman vs the Kingpin (trash) and John Madden Football.

My brother and I had to combine christmas forces to get it.

It looks cooler. That faggot took the Sega to college, so I guilt tripped the parents into an SNES which is what I always wanted anyways, but he got to choose and he wanted John Madden Football which wasn't out on the SNES at the time

Yes, I'm old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zzVBPFdzMo
>>
>>3317320
Hopefully available soon I want one of these so bad. Anyone on /vr/ tried these on a CRT?
>>
>>3317153
Stop. Learn the meaning of words. Don't use HDTV as a synonym for LCD to parrot post for the love of god.
>>
File: img_1819.jpg (657KB, 3276x2736px) Image search: [Google]
img_1819.jpg
657KB, 3276x2736px
>>
File: mm1.jpg (207KB, 1024x969px) Image search: [Google]
mm1.jpg
207KB, 1024x969px
>>
>>3316140
>I want to play these games on a HDTV.

You don't want the hardware. Just emulate.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.