[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the love of God and all that is holy can we please ever get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: Snatcher-Cover.jpg (83KB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
Snatcher-Cover.jpg
83KB, 800x708px
For the love of God and all that is holy can we please ever get an HD release or something for Snatcher. I want to play the game without buying a SegaCD and I refuse to rom this shit.
>>
Why do you refuse to rom it? It is the only way to play it right now, so worse for you.
>>
Then buy a Wondermega
>>
>I want to play the game without buying a SegaCD
That doesn't look like the Mega CD version anyway. You've got half a dozen ports to pick from.
>>
What's up with the blond woman's derpa face?
>>
>>3316119
Why would you refuse to play it on an emulator? I mean I try to play everything on hardware as well but this isn't exactly a game that is married to a specific controller or super tight timing.
>>
>>3316119
>I refuse to rom this shit.

Why? It'll run on any toaster and I did it back in 2007. It's a good game, just play it.
>>
Why not get one of the other versions???
>>
They are never going to do HD release of this game. It's not worth the money of buying a sega CD and the CD = 200$ +.
I'm all for playing games on original systems, but snatcher is one of those games where it doesn't matter.
In short, quit being a little bitch as emulate it.
>>
>>3316119
konami is kill
>>
What is the best and most convenient way to play Snatcher if I'm not like OP and don't care about romming that shit?
>>
>>3317573
PCE or PS1 via Mednafen
>>
>>3316119
if you're that much of a sperg you could just get a sega cd and burn the game to disk. the sega cd doesnt have any piracy protection. I even own the game and still play a back up copy instead.
>>
>>3317575
the ps1 version is garbage. why would you tell him that?
>>
Have you seen their other HD releases? They can't even release upscaled roms properly.

Unless you want a pachinko version, you're out of luck
>>
>>3317589
Because it's easier to emulate than the Saturn one.
>>
>>3317641
Shut up you mong.

Just go straight for the Sega CD Version.
>>
>>3317671
Only retards who can't read play that.
>>
File: snatcher bladerunner.gif (87KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
snatcher bladerunner.gif
87KB, 256x224px
I don't think it's really worth the risk of a lawsuit by several movie companies, considering the measly sales it will have.

They could kind of get away with it back then, especially since it was a pretty unknown game, but now you're just opening your ass up for a suit.

Stop being a purist retard and emulate it, the SEGA CD version was localized and the MSX2 version was fan translated.

Besides who are you really trying to reward with your money by buying a remaster, Kojima has already left Konami.
>>
File: snatcher car.gif (66KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
snatcher car.gif
66KB, 256x224px
>>3317573
If you know moonrunes pick your poison really.

But if you're restricted to English, the SEGA-CD version was the only one localized, with pretty decent voice acting for its time.

The MSX2 version was fan translated but the game ends in Act 2, later games like the PC-Engine, Mega-CD, Ps1, Saturn have an additional Act 3.

If what you're asking for are emulators you can always refer to this:
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Sega_Genesis_emulators

I would either recommend Kega Fusion or Retroarch + Genesis Plus GX, though Retroarch can be more obnoxious to configure if you're not used to emulators. Even slightly mentioning Retroarch in this board usually triggers some Anons, so I'm taking cover after this.

If you want to emulate the MSX2 I recommend getting BlueMSX.

There's also a retelling of the game / spin-off called SD-Snatcher that was sloppily fan translated, but really you shouldn't bother with it at least for now.
>>
>>3316119

God Policenauts sucks! It's like a really bad Visual Novel. And I don't know, seriously, VN are like the easiest thing in the world to design. So when you design a bad one, that is remarkable.

Like the entire story of Policenaughts is not only a pixel hunt, but you basically have to try everything, and then try everything multiple times. So if you don't know this, like if you want to know about some photograph, you ask about the photograph, and she tells you something, and then you have to ask the same topic again. So that photograph entry can occur 3 or 4 times. And then you have to start from the beginning and try them all again because the third time might have opened something new up. And you have to exhaust every single option. ALL OF THEM. Before the game will let you move on. That is HORRIBLE.

No, it's not like an oldschool adventure game. Because in an adventure game you don't have to look at and inspect everything on the screen multiple times. You're just sitting there, desperately wanting to move on with the plot, and then you're stuck trying to inspect every little thing over and over again, and asking people the same questions over and over again. Ah it's bad. And when it finally gets exciting, it gets exciting for 20 seconds then you're right back at it.

Is the plot interesting? Not really. You know what the story is? It is 5% Blade Runner, 95% Lethal Weapon. It's straight up Riggs and Murtaugh. It's not even subtle. He rips off whole scenes. It's amazing.
>>
File: 1465346913738.jpg (940KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1465346913738.jpg
940KB, 1367x2048px
>>3317715
pc engine doesn't have act 3
>>
>>3317738
>VN are like the easiest thing in the world to design.
You'd be surprised.
>>
File: 1465857948038.png (435KB, 774x447px) Image search: [Google]
1465857948038.png
435KB, 774x447px
>>3316119
>HD release or something for Snatcher. and I refuse to rom this shit.

You fucking retard - you do realise that the """"HD"""" port would just be an emulated version

Playing it emulated with filters would be the exact same fucking thing, except you're playing it for free instead of giving Konami money.
>>
>>3317748
https://youtu.be/d6z_eQMlutU?t=12362
>>
File: IMG_20160112_152411.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160112_152411.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>3317715
>There's also a retelling of the game / spin-off called SD-Snatcher that was sloppily fan translated, but really you shouldn't bother with it at least for now.

new paid translation for SD: https://mega.nz/#!HVsyATDB!hIsNDfxqAauYSHSU0peNPqdWxA-sIUaK1rAVWrYtjV8
>>
>>3317756
Oh fuck when did this happen
>>
>>3317754
i stand corrected, don't know what i was thinking of
>>
>>3317759
You probably read PC-Engine as PC-88, simple mistake.
>>
>>3316957
T-THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL.
>>
>>3317715
>The MSX2 version was fan translated but the game ends in Act 2, later games like the PC-Engine, Mega-CD, Ps1, Saturn have an additional Act 3.
Act 3 kinda sucks anyway.
>>
>>3318608
This. Acts 3 & 4 can go eat a dick.
>>
File: snatcher calendar.jpg (140KB, 1141x1187px) Image search: [Google]
snatcher calendar.jpg
140KB, 1141x1187px
>>3318613
>Act 4

!

Hey man come on don't hog it to yourself, how do we unlock that secret Act 4
>>
>>3316119
Why would you want an HD version? It will look like uprezed shit with flat flash quality art.
>>
>not wanting sega cd when u could burn all games for it
>>
>>3318678
There's still the problem of something like playing the Lunar games (which were only localized for the US) on a PAL mega cd, with the audio getting desynced because the cutscenes are running slower at 50hz. But other than that yeah sure.
Now that I think about it I wonder if there's 60hz switch mod for the mega cds
>>
>>3317738
this is the first time i've ever heard anyone speak ill of policenauts. you might be retarded and/or a faggot.
>>
>>3318676
They could take the original drawings, scan them at high resolutions and colorize them.
Alternatively they could create new CG from scratch.
>>
File: 228323442.jpg (98KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
228323442.jpg
98KB, 600x448px
>>3318692
I think that's just pasta. I swear I've seen that post in another thread.

>>3318613
>>3318670
It's just three acts, but Kojima's original plan for Snatcher was supposed to consists of six acts divided between two games. The Act 3 in the CD-ROM versions is just a really truncated version of what was supposed to happen afterward, hence why there's so many convenient coincidences.
>>
>>3318827
o
>>
>>3316119
Because it's hella gay.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.