[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good /vr/ fighting game to get really seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: latest.png (52KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
52KB, 320x224px
What's a good /vr/ fighting game to get really seriously into?

I played SF4 online for some time but eventually got bored, and I really fucking like the spritework of earlier titles.
Long story short, I've been trying to get gud at the Alpha series. Would you consider this a good fighting game? Is it still played on Fightcade and shit like that?
>>
Let's get it on now
Select and make your first pick
Let's get it on Yo
10 9 8 7 6
Let's get it on Yo
Choose and pick the best one
Let's get it on now
5 4 3 2 1
>>
https://youtu.be/nWnGoOHX9-Q?t=38
>0:38
Nothing wrong here at all.
>>
>>3313174
Yeah that makes sense
>>
>>3313216
I got the picture.
>>
>>3313174
it's "now" not "yo"
>>
>>3313225
the third one is a now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByBzpvusHe8
>>
>>3313167
the replies in this thread are all telling you to pick up third strike. it's the pinnacle of street fighter. best animation, best gameplay, and lots of people to play on fightcade.
>>
>>3313167
Alpha 2 was a broken mess, very few people play it on fightcade.

ST, 3S and Alpha 3 all have a much larger player base
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
GOAT
>>
Is melee retro? If not play smash 64
>>
>>3313167
Alpha 3, Super Turbo, and 3rd Strike all still have people playing them online.
>>
>>3313486
OP said fighting game
>>
>>3313486
>>3313573

Not this shit again.

Also OP, play whatever you want. You like Alpha 2? Keep playing it, if the game is broken you will find out by yourself, don't let other people tell you. Most fighting games are broken anyway.
>>
>>3313167
Super Turbo and King of Fighters 98/2000 are good games that still have sizable portions on Fightcade.

I could also recommend going by /fgg/ on /vg/ if they still run those /fgg/vo tournaments.
>>
>>3313464
yes!

but alpha 3 is better than 2. so many more characters make up for the weird system change. but now you can juggle a little bit outside of supers.
>>
>>3313167
Super SF 2 Turbo is gold standard
>>
>>3313167
We need more hyper fighting players, the knowledge is being lost. I don't think anyone really knows how to play claw properly in the game anymore. Only matchup that's still properly understood is ryu vs guile.
>>
For those arguing over alpha 2 it's fine. It wasn't considered worthy of competitive play in japan but was in america, most moved onto 3 without looking back though.

don't play gold though, they ruined most characters by crippling v-ism, but some of the stronger characters didn't get as big of a v-ism nerf. only good thing about it is the change to alpha counters taking 1.5 bars.
>>
Third Strike and Mark of the Wolves are fantastic.
>>
>>3314026
Why don't you just play Super Turbo? Honest question, since Hyper Fighting looked interesting to me when I played it first on Hyper Street Fighter II
>>
>>3314074
I do play ST, the two are vastly different games.
>>
Lots of games are decently active on Fightcade if you go and find players on IRC, unless you're playing ST or 3S it's an easier route to get a good match than challenging pubs and you'll find someone who knows the game you want to play

>>3313174
It all began in '94
Kept on rollin' in 95
Pieces fell in place in '96
Came to the end in '97
And now it comes
And here we go
K O F is here again
Nothin's gonna stop it
It's 1998
>>
ST
3S
Vampire Savior
KoF 98
KoF 2002 (To me is shit but people enjoy it)
Garou: Mark of the wolves

All of them on Fightcade.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.