[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

emufag since the late 90s. this feels good. especially with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0731.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0731.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
emufag since the late 90s. this feels good.

especially with the gg2sms, paddle control, etc. hacks
>>
gg2sms?
>>
>>3312421
play gamegear games on master system
>>
Flashcarts like the everdrive aren't emulation. They're virtualization.
>>
>>3312434
What does that MEAN?
>>
>>3312405
>Pause button on the console
One of the reasons I'm an emufag desu.
>>
>shilling for everdrive

>>>/trash/

Flash carts aren't a "solution" to overpriced games when the Flash carts themselves are ridiculously overpriced. They're often priced higher than the current market value of the hardware they're used on.

And don't even bother to reply with the usual "But you get virtually every game for one fixed price!" fallacy.
>>
>>3312437
Just play the games with the console in your lap like you did the Atari 2600.
>>
>>3312458
If you're buying your flashcarts from krilzz, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>3312405
>not playing on emulators as the emulator developers original intended.

>>3312434
>i'm not retarded. i'm underage

>>3312472
>i'll never be able to reproduce because i crushed abd baked my balls with a 2600
>>
>>3312458
Theres not really a cheaper way to play on real hardware. It's expensive but it's still better than spending hundreds of dollars just for a collection for one console.
>>
>>3312458
what exactly makes any of that incorrect, or a "fallacy" you asspained scalper chinaman gaylord
>>
>>3312405
id love a everdrive for sms but i can't really justify one because i have a pretty decent sms game collection already and sms games for on my megadrive everdrive
>>
File: 1444205919471.jpg (31KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
1444205919471.jpg
31KB, 505x431px
>>3312458
>fallacy
>>
Has anyone ever came out with what they were thinking with the design of the master system?

Using grid paper for the boxes and having a flow chart styled images on the system makes it feel like they were saying the system was still being designed.
>>
>>3313209

What? The vcs wasnt heavy and didnt get hot.
>>
>>3313502
They probably thought, nothing's more hi tech than spread sheets.
>>
>>3313209
>>i'm not retarded. i'm underage
Learn what virtualization is, dumbass.
>>
You are an idiot
>>
>>3312458
I am twitching with rage as i read this.
>>
>>3313525
It may not emulate the console, but it's still emulating the games, that, believe it or not, are just as much hardware as the system itself.
>>
>>3313551
There's a thing called google. You can go educate yourself.
>>
>>3312458
g8b8m80

you know, because i sold a single SNES game and bought a flashcart with the money. now i can play said game and every other*
*shut up about the 5 decent games that aren't supported
>>
>>3313502
Eh.
I thought it was more interesting as a design than the NES in all honesty.
>>
>>3313502
i think it's way better looking than the NES
>>
>>3313595
>>3313598

Not hating on it. Just wondrred what they were thinking

Pretty obvious NES was based on VCRs.
>>
>>3313551
But that is wrong, you retard, or not in the way that you are thinking it is.

The hardware is emulating a cartridge which sends the information (the code, also known as game) to the system itself, it's not emulating the code itself. That's why is virtualization, if I understand it right
>>
>>3312458
>That one guy who shows up everytime flashcarts are mentioned to scream "SHILL" and "OVERPRICED"
>that one time he mentioned he lived in a 3rd world country and the reason he was so angry was cause he couldn't afford hardware or flashcarts

Yeah, those grapes were probably sour anyways.
>>
>>3312458
An N64 Everdrive is like $300.
Like ten rare-ass N64 games cost the same amount. It's a fair bargain.

Don't get me started on how much chipping your Saturn and buying an AR saves you. PDS alone almost covers the cost.
>>
>>3313635
non topload NES countries consoles looked like that to avoid looking like previously disastrous consoles prior.
>>
>>3313927
Why they went away from famicom design, yeah. But they based design on vcrs.
>>
>>3313505
>i've only ever used a flashback

>>3313525
>strike that, i'm underage and retarded.
>>
>>3314015
Greentext millennial that doesn't understand the difference between the words words "emulation" and virtualaztion".

I'm going to assume because of Apple.
>>
>>3313906
>"It's fair because it's equal to only ten overpriced games!"

Yeah, no.

Just because resellers overprice their games doesn't mean you're not getting ripped off when someone marks up the price of their Flash carts to be slightly more affordable by comparison. Both parties are blatantly taking advantage you.
>>
>>3314032
>Old things should be cheap, regardless of how many people want the limited supply!
So your argument is FEELINGS? Being an adult sucks, don't it?
>>
>>3313502
I like it.
>>
>>3314021
>projecting this hard
>>
>>3314032
>fair
cry more
>>
damn all i wanted to say was i joined you flashfags

nice crybaby arguing
>>
>>3314015
Are you 5?
>>
File: 1448661792307.jpg (41KB, 540x379px) Image search: [Google]
1448661792307.jpg
41KB, 540x379px
>that feel when no $7 SMS multicart on ali express like they have for famicom
>>
>>3314771
A 5 year old would take this seriously instead of making fun of the kids who are spattering everyone with bits of bullshit while flapping their pie holes in the wind.
>>
>>3314812

you start dressing like Chris Chan?
>>
>>3315087
Oh, ok, thought so.
>>
>>3314812
You feel like writing bland uninspired comedy skits that steal jokes from more successful youtubers?
>>
>>3313653
>>3313556
It's emulating how the console is accessing the code. Mappers are inherently a hardware quirk of the PCB to interface the console with ROM chips and their memory pool. They can only be guessed or reproduced. SSF2 on the Genesis, S3&K and Knux in Sonic 2 are examples of odd mappers which cannot be 100% emulated unless the ROMs are conveniently jammed together and hacked to use a compatible mapper (on the firmware side) or just bruteforced through emulation.

A real console is looking for all that hardware bank switching and address mapping that a common cart cannot allow, thus the need for an internal firmware to emulate pin schemes. If this is virtualization, then everything is.
>>
Emulation is in software. Virtualization is in hardware.

Doesnt an everdrive copy the rom onto an actual chip once chosen from the frontend? If so its neither emu nor virt.
>>
>>3312434
>virtualisation

This and the whole thread exactly demonstrates how dumb the people on here became.
>>
>>3316141
It gets worse every year. I don't expect /vr/ to return to the heyday when we had a handful of knowledgeable people discussing something interesting in a thread for a month. But it would be nice if the underage emufags could contain themselves to one or two threads instead of 10. Nothing against emulation, it just seems to draw out a lot dumb kids.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.