[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, Sega megadrive game did not work arter cleaning it. So i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 20160622_112109.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160622_112109.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Hi,

Sega megadrive game did not work arter cleaning it. So i opened it.

Is that "wavy" darker green something to worry about? Moisture got into circuit board?
>>
This side looks okay although the pins don't look particularly clean. Need some micro abrasion with like a fiberglass pen. Show the back.
>>
>>3309280
How about circling the "wavy green" you autistic ass nigga
>>
use brasso and some good solid scrubbing on both sides, followed by 90+% isopropyl alcohol. If you get the pins shiny and pristine, and it still does t run, give the system slot a good solid cleaning with contact cleaner/alcohol, maybe fine sandpaper if you suspect corrosion. Also test it in another known working system (a clone/emulator like a retron system is acceptable to test the livelihood of a cartridge)

If all these fail it's probably a dead rom chip. It's rare but it happens
>>
>>3309296
>use brasso

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Try taking a regular pencil eraser to it. That helps to get rid of corrosion and it is much saver than Brasso. That shit will strip the protective coating off the pins and make them corrode even faster.
>>
File: green biscuit.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
green biscuit.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>3309294
I'm not OP but I'm pretty sure he was talking about this you autistic ass nigga
>>
>>3309296
>>3309284
stop this madness

theres no green, leave it be

the color difference is the protective layer of some nickel alloy already vanishing, you shouldnt make it worse

im not debating that sanding the contacts make them more conductive, but that's not the point, and if it was corroded there would be no more protection anyway.

OP just remove any oils with the eraser like already said and

>>3309562
if that's the wavy green

what you need is the simplest $5 multimeter to check electrical continuity between the contact pins1 and the unprotected wire or pin of the component the trail leads to, if there is condutivity then the wavy green moisture isn't the issue...

that is, assumig the cartridge boards is only two sided, no inner layers, which is probably the case for all of them, someone correct me here.
>>
>>3309280
Clean the fucking pins. There's so much dirt on them, I'd be surprised if they made any contact at all.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.