[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry for making another Saturn thread, I would've posted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: saturn2.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
saturn2.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
Sorry for making another Saturn thread, I would've posted in one of those but they all consist of console-war shitflinging.

I'm about to buy my own Saturn, should I go for the Model 1 (oval buttons) or Model 2 (round buttons like picrelated)? I know the difference isn't as drastic between revisions compared to the Genesis, but I want to get the best I can for my money. More specifically, which model has the better laser to read burnt CD-Rs?
>>
>>3303412
>I know the difference isn't as drastic between revisions compared to the Genesis

this is where you are wrong, the model 2 is a cut-down Chinese made cheap piece of shit. go for the model 1.
>>
>>3303412
>More specifically, which model has the better laser to read burnt CD-Rs?

If that's your main concern, model 2s have been released later, so they have the least beat up lenses.

There isn't really a big difference between the two though.
>>
File: badass-segata.jpg (44KB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
badass-segata.jpg
44KB, 279x350px
>>3303413

>shitting on model 2

model 1 actually are more prone to damage due to internal capacitors leakage, doesn't happen with model 2.
>>
Saturn Model 1 is a more expensive machine.
The Model 2 was all about cost cutting.

I don't know what the fuck the "capacitor leaking" meme is about. Every console in the 90s can have capacitor leaks.
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (49KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
s-l640.jpg
49KB, 640x449px
>>3303412
BUY EVERYTHING
>>
With the Saturn it doesn't really matter too much regarding which model you get as any changes made to it were minimal in terms of how actual game play is affected if at all. So really just get whichever model suits you.

But do make sure that the system you're buying is confirmed to be working though.
>>
File: 1446497095652.png (88KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1446497095652.png
88KB, 5000x5000px
>MODEL 2 A SHIT
Here we go. The underage are at it again. Prepare for google parroting and "it's true because my ass".
>>
>>3303725
it's not even parroting, it's the same guy who keeps specifically calling it out for being 'chinese-made garbage' in every Saturn thread

OP, the differences are not worth talking about. Find whichever you can, in the best cost and condition you can, and enjoy it. Don't believe the burnt CD-Rs ruin the console nonsense, don't believe the anti-Pseudosaturn nonsense. If longevity is your real sticking point, go buy a model 2 with an optima pickup in it. They're still easy to find, so you can keep shoving new ones in until you can't stand Saturns anymore.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.