[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's give this shit a try. Do you use RA? Let's talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: RA_Logo10[1].png (58KB, 535x105px) Image search: [Google]
RA_Logo10[1].png
58KB, 535x105px
Let's give this shit a try. Do you use RA? Let's talk about it. I'm working on DKC3 right now. Didn't even know this game had two separate hard modes.

>What the fuck is this?
A website that creates achievements for retro games. You download the emulator, play the game, get the boops.

>Don't save states ruin this?
You can turn on hardcore mode, which disables them. You get double points for that.

>Why would I care?
Hey, anything that encourages people to play older games, and to fully explore the,. Plus, it's fucking heartwarming to see the unending scroll of people playing retro on the front page.

>ACHIEVEMENTS SUCK!
Fuck back off to your salt mines, grandpa. This shit ain't hurting nobody.
>>
>>3293592
Why no link?
>>
Lmao
>>
>>3293595

retroachievements.org
>>
>>3293592

It is real goddamn annoying that this set has a couple of those max-it-out achievements. Bear coins isn't bad; that'll just happen from playing the game and poking about for secrets. The lives one at least has some funny text for it, and only take five or so minutes if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>3293592
That sounds somewhat neat and I won't make fun but I would still rather just play games normally.
>>
>>3293602
You disgust me.
>>
>>3293636

Hey, the lives achievement made me actually think about the levels and where it would be fastest to scoop a bunch up. Never really considered it before because the game doesn't even get tough until... what, Razor Ridge? By then you have plenty to ride out the more annoying stages.
>>
>>3293636
>>
>>3293631

Yeah, it's not for everybody. I play these games anyway, but it's nice to have a little extra for them. And I use the Hardcore setting, so it removes the temptation to save state at particularly hard parts.
>>
The modern gaming achievement system is all a data mining scheme, and its endorsement by today's gamers is a symptom of the cancer of the industry. This website gives zero fucks about the sorry state of affairs, and is only out to capitalize on the popularity of the system. The individual people who care about earning achievements are mentally ill.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.