[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering picking up a Blaze Twin Mini fightstick for my Dreamcast,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
Considering picking up a Blaze Twin Mini fightstick for my Dreamcast, having to opportunity to pick one up for $100. Are these things competent fightsticks or are they purely a "collectors piece"? More interested in using it for puzzle fighter/twinkle star sprites, etc than competitive fighters. Anyone have any experience with the Blaze fightsticks?
>>
>>3279510
Most production level fight sticks aren't as good as ones you build yourself, but that's nothing new.
>>
dont do it.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (392KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
392KB, 1600x1200px
go big or go home, anon.
>>
>>3280170
These don't even have sanwa parts, besides he's looking for a stick for dc not saturn
>>
>>3280365
You can use a converter I suppose.
>>
best and easiest would be to just make your own out of some sanwa parts and an old dc controller pcb
>>
>>3280382
I've heard the dc controller pcb is difficult to work with.
>>
Advice from someone that owns one

DONT!
They have an annoying error that makes the Dreamcast think you have unplugged it.
Some say that if you dont have a memory card in they are fine, but it still happens on mine,

Ok for hacking if you are good with a soldering iorn as the parts are really good, just nab a pair of cheap 3rd party 6 button pads and your set
>>
>>3280365
You're thinking of the 1 player model sport. These do. And can easily be used on a DC. But they're too god tier for most people here. Easiest way is to get a PS to SC adapter and then choose one of the thousands of available options.
>>
>>3280415
My only problem with swapping the parts is that I hear it requires cutting away at the chassis to fit everything properly, especially the sticks. People say the housing is too shallow to accommodate even the shortest JLF sticks, and the button sizes are pretty unconventional.

The nice thing about the Dreamcast version vs. the Playstation Blaze stick is that the buttons aren't soldered directly to the PCB board, so swapping buttons is far less trouble.

I told the guy I was going to think about it for a week or so. $100, although a fair price, is still not a "steal" here, and i'm not sure I can justify buying it if I know it's just going to sit around as a collectors item.
>>
If you're going for utility I'd say grab a used stick with dimensions to your liking, customize, and throw in a multiboard. Or just use an adapter for a PS2 stick.
>>
>>3280642
Its not swapping parts, its more swapping the PCB for another one and soldering it all up, there isnt much room inside for a full rewire
>>
I would really like a stick for my dreamcast. I keep looking at the the official Sega ones but I don't want to spend $80 on a controller for the one fighter I really enjoy.
>>
>>3281457
You mean you don't want to spend $70 shipping for a shitty stick? As others have said make your own. Or get a 130 and an adapter. Shipping should only be $>9000. I paid ¥1200 for mine and about ¥500 for the metro both ways.
>>
Just wondering why would you ever waste your money on something like this when pretty much all retro fighters are on PSN or Fightcade
>>
>>3282361
Because DC had some good fighters and he'got a DC and this is /vr/ and then and then.
>>
>>3281701
What is a 130...?
>>
>>3282539
this >>3280170
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.