[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

System Shock 2 currently free on GoG by downloading their client

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: gog sale.jpg (759KB, 2526x1299px) Image search: [Google]
gog sale.jpg
759KB, 2526x1299px
System Shock 2 currently free on GoG by downloading their client service Gog Galaxy.

Getting anything retro from their Summer Sale?
>>
>>3278627
>paying for abandonware
but yeah if one of those gold box sets goes on sale I'm getting it

Is Earthworm Jim 1&2 nice on PC?
>>
>>3278641
yea it runs fine on dosbox
>>
I'm monitoring it for mainly old RTS games. Still quite sad LED Wars, Dark Colony and Conquest Earth aren't on there, but 7th Legion is and will be mine as soon as it gets a discount.

Also not retro but Infinifactory on half price is probably worth buying.
>>
>>3278641
>Desu
Nite Dive and their autist fanboys ruined /vr/
>>
>>3278641
It has like all the d&d games
>>
>>3278759
what
>>
File: bah.jpg (3KB, 165x206px) Image search: [Google]
bah.jpg
3KB, 165x206px
>downloading their client service Gog Galaxy
>>
>>3278729
>LED Wars
>Conquest Earth
humm never heard of them, no wonder, LED pretty meh, gonna check conquest earth

they are abanddon, no developer, no matchmaking server still existing, why even buy them?

http://theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/the-led-wars/
http://theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/conquest-earth-the-first-encounter/
btw, why are you using a name and tripcode?
>>
>>3278921
Does it do anything nice?
>>
>>3279653
Basically the same connectivity benefits that Steam has without adding DRM, and it's completely optional.
>>
>>3279653
nah and i cant get it to not open when my os boots.
>>
NOT RETRO but you african-americans really need to pick up Grim Dawn now that it's on sale. It's great and they just released a bigtime patch for it.
>>
>>3279714
Thats because your shit.
>>
>>3279731
OR their client is shit, fag
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 660x249px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 660x249px
>>3279714
It's shitty it does this without asking in the installer.
>>
File: retard.png (557KB, 1212x783px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
557KB, 1212x783px
>>3279762
so go change it in the client options
>>
>>3279773
At least mention how you open that screen moron.

It's the gog.com circle icon in the top left corner.
>>
>>3279773
it keeps coming back anyway which is my point
>>
>>3279786
Works fine on my PC :^)
>>
>>3279786
it's a beta report your issue.
>>
>>3279786
>I'm stupid
>this is GOG's fault
The post.
>>
Got SS2 added to my library to go with the other freebies they've handed out, like Fallout 1 and 2, and Ultima 4. Saw the Pirates! remake and The Journeyman Project remakes on sale, so I grabbed those. I've always wanted to play Pegasus Prime, since Journeyman Project Turbo was one of the first CD PC games I owned. And Pirates! is always good fun.
>>
>>3278627
Might get Planescape Torment. Was also thinking about getting Little Big Adventure or Theme Hospital, I dont like buying a lot of games at once though
>>
File: big_1432681620_image.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1432681620_image.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>MRW when they have Populous: The Beginning on sale
>>
File: 6 LRMS.jpg (193KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
6 LRMS.jpg
193KB, 600x576px
>>3278627
>GoG Galaxy
>>
>>3279786
if the gog settings aren't fixing it then go fix it yourself in msconfig.

turning off startup programs is literally the easiest setting to change.
>>
I bought the Anno bundle, I'm enjoying 1602 a lot already

I'm not really into pure city builders nor Civ/4X kinds of games; Anno seems like a nice balance where it just feels like a relaxed RTS with a focus on economics rather than combat
>>
>>3278641
If it was abandonware then it wouldn't be sold on GOG.
>>
I'm going to pickup Pillars of Eternity and I'm thinking about getting Lords of Xulmia as well. Any thoughts on Lords of Xulmia?
>>
>downloading botnet to get abandonware that is freely available without a botnet
>>
File: specialoffer.png (85KB, 328x383px) Image search: [Google]
specialoffer.png
85KB, 328x383px
If anyone is wondering, it's not free anymore; It's $1.49.

If you were going to install for that one free game, don't bother.
>>
>>3284550
you snooze you lose
>>
>>3284524
What evidence do you have that Galaxy is part of a botnet? What evidence do you have that GOG is illegally selling games it has no rights to?
>>
>>3285215
>What evidence do you have that GOG is illegally selling games it has no rights to?

I'm sure the "selling cracked copies with the scene group credits zeroed out" might pop up in his defense.
>>
File: monsterbass.jpg (147KB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
monsterbass.jpg
147KB, 600x374px
is this game pretty good or not

it's monster bash
>>
>>3285501
Call the police then.
>>
>>3279783
Let me get this straight. This is a board for the kind of games from the period when games still asked player to think on their own; and most games on this board require extra configuration to run (either knowing how to use old consoles with modern tvs, or setting up emulators) - and you're treating a fucking settings option as some ultra hard protip?

Jesus, people who can't even figure this shit out on their own, will fucking DIE in System Shock 2, a lot. Map system doesn't even say you where you are and you have to read maps, oh no! Finding chemicals for research requires you to actually read manifests of chemical storages on different floors, how terrible!

Jesus shit. I normally don't like "spoonfeeding" meme, but you'd think it would be one board where people have basic skill of "fucking with the settings".
>>
>>3285501
Except cracking is illegal, so crackers have no copyright to their work, so a servicable port is a servicable port (and publishers might get pissy if they kept the credits IN at the implied piracy).
Similarly to how you can't call the cops that the guy who promised to sell you weed sold you hay instead.
>>
I just went to gog and SS2 isn't free anymore? Was it just for the first day of the sale?
>>
>>3286008
First 36-48 hours or so, yeah, you missed the boat. If anyone feels like making a volafile room I'll upload the installer there.
>>
>>3286014
Just pirate it anyways, or if you bought it from Steam it'll be in your Gog profile. Not now though, they/re working on adding more titles
>>
File: ignorant_babby_award.gif (59KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
ignorant_babby_award.gif
59KB, 1000x1192px
>>3285973
You forgot to post this with your rant.
But I agree with you famicom.
>>
File: settings.png (16KB, 399x393px) Image search: [Google]
settings.png
16KB, 399x393px
>>3285973
Christ, get that stick out of your ass.

There's another, more obvious, settings tab that doesn't match that other guy's pic. Since that was most people's first day using it, I figured there would be at least one other person who would overlook the logo like I did.

So yes, I got confused and couldn't find the right settings for a minute and anticipated a question. Sue me.
>>
If you want the Poster Child achievement, you only need to click those share/tweet buttons. You don't even have to be logged in to Twitter or Facebook.
>>
>>3286516
Sweet, thanks for finding that out.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.