[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long should I grind before heading to the Northwest Castle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

How long should I grind before heading to the Northwest Castle?
First time I've ever played, second run after I fucked myself in my first. At Elfland and fuck me those Arachnids and Asps are total BS.
>>
File: 1446788973255.jpg (29KB, 286x346px) Image search: [Google]
1446788973255.jpg
29KB, 286x346px
>black mage in first position
you can start by hitting select and putting your mages in the last two slots so they don't get killed immediately
>>
>>3277307
Holy shit I had no idea that mattered or was even possible, thanks
>>
>>3277309
no problem, it's easy to make stupid, catastrophic mistakes in this game for a long time
first time i played i got to level 6 without even equipping any weapons or armor, i thought it was automatic and the game was just really hard
>>
>>3277312
I did the same exact thing my first run, figured it out when I was wondering why no matter how hard I leveled I was still getting rekt by the first boss.
I was planning on going to level 10 before moving on from Elfland, or do you think I could do the same with a lesser level?
>>
>>3277306
girnd a liiiiitle bit more.
>>
>>3277309

1st position takes 50% of incoming attacks on average
2nd position takes 25%
3rd and 4th each take 12.5%

Of course you could still just get really unlucky and see a guy in slot 3 or 4 get pummeled 10 times in a row because fuck you.
>>
>>3277306
As a general rule,I made sure I had the weapons, spells, and items I needed before heading to the next destination. Usually I'm at level 9 or 10 before heading NW. By that point, make the Black Belt bare handed as he hits harder. Also stock up on Antidotes (Pure potions in the US FFI). You'll want your mages to at least have Level 3 magic.
>>
It truly amuses me that people are still making the mistakes I made in 1987
>>
>>3277597
This was generally what I operated on. Though when I did finally clear that place, it became my central grind spot, since no random encounters and the mummies were easy to carve up at and farm at that point.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.