[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good old school Zelda clones worth playing? Im looking for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

Any good old school Zelda clones worth playing? Im looking for something kinda like the GBC ones but any system will do. Straight up clones are welcome but im most interested in ones with unique gimmicks or maybe a different "feel" to them
>>
Daikatana for gbc.
Conkers pocket adventures.
Magi nation.
>>
>>3275687
u can try checking out deez nuts, prick
>>
Graal
>>
>>3275687
Crystalis
>>
Startropics, maybe?
>>
God of Thunder for DOS is freeware now. Fun, short playthrough.
>>
I'm trying to remember a zelda clone I heard about on chrontendo, all I remember was the hero was cursed to be a girl but turns back into a man at the end and it has some sci-fi elements. It also was localized I believe. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
Bomberman Quest
>>
File: survivalkids.jpg (263KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
survivalkids.jpg
263KB, 480x432px
>>3275687
Ah, you want Survival Kids.
>>
>>3275694
>>3275709
>>3275723
>>3275742
>>3275752
>>3275831
>>3275863
Thanks guys, I actually knew about some of those games, guess I gotta play them now.
>>
Alundra is the best, but it's more advanced than the GBC ones.
>>
>>3275687
Not exactly what I'd call a clone, but Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest is always good for ARPG with a bit of puzzle on the side.
>>
I'm probably in the minority here, but I will throw in my two cents anyway:
Neutopia 1 and 2 for the TG-16.
I have payed and beaten them both, and they are not too shabby.
>>
>>3276092
>played

sorry
>>
>>3276092
Nice, I've got Neutopia 1, it's fantastic and the music is awesome
>>
>>3275687
>no one mentioned obvious Golden Axe Warrior
why?
>>
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru is a game that first used the same engine as Link's Awakening.
>>
>>3276294
So what? It's a very different game. Barely any gameplay besides some mild puzzle solving and platforming. It's definitely not a Zelda clone, barely an action adventure and more of a platformer.
>>
File: got_001.png (97KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
got_001.png
97KB, 640x400px
>>3275752
I remember having this on a compilation cd. The name caught my eye, and the title screen looked promising, I was expecting a beautiful Amiga-style platformer in the vein of Gods or Stormlord. But when the game started I was immediately disappointed with its cartoonish top-down style. I knew nothing of Zelda games then and failed to recognize the inspiration. Gonna play it now. Were there any other Zelda clones for DOS?
>>
>>3276073
I tried this out on a lark about a week ago and found it pretty great. Hasn't aged too well though so you might find yourself frustrated switching between items and weapons constantly and wrestling with your tiny inventory but the weapon variety is satisfying and the music and graphics are amazing.
>>
>>3275863
>8 direction graphics in a gbc game

Instant game boner
>>
Gunple: Gunman's Proof is basically a 2D Zelda but with guns.
>>
>>3276112
Read my mind, anon. That and Ax Battler for GG is basically Zelda 2 and I love it
>>
>>3278305
as an addendum, Golvellius for SMS is pretty sweet
>>
Golden Axe Warrior on the Sega Master System. It'd the very definition of a Zelda clone. And it's pretty good too.
>>
>>3275687
Just Breed on the NES.
>>
>>3275687
Final Fantasy Adventure
>>
>>3275687
normies always recommend Beyond Oasis but it feels more hack and slay.

like in a similar way to Dungeon Explorer.
>>
>>3275687
Light Crusader, maybe.

I liked playing it but dropped it sooner or later.
also, play Terranigma and Illusion of Time.
>>
>>3276412
Wow! I remember that game! At least, the title screen.
>>
File: box-front-med.jpg (883KB, 1143x1635px) Image search: [Google]
box-front-med.jpg
883KB, 1143x1635px
>>3275760
Faria? It's a pretty good game, but mostly notable for that weird twist.

>>3275863
Don't forget the sequel! They're excellent games, everyone should give them a go.

>>3276294
Great game, but despite the engine it runs on, it doesn't play like Zelda.
>>
>>3275863
For my fellow Stranded Kids fans.

The fan translation for Stranded Kids 2 is now available as a ROM, google for it and you'll find it. It's even better than the first game in my opinion.
>>
>>3280723
Yeah that was it, thanks. I remember it looking actually pretty good. Might try it out.
>>
>>3280782
>two boys
Can you hack the girl sprite from the first game into it?
>>
>>3280782
>Stranded Kids 2
*Survival Kids 2
>>
>>3281156
It had different names in different regions, cut me some slack.
>>
Ninja taro and Rolan's Curse on the GB are quite decent.
>>
Golden Axe Warrior on the SMS
>>
File: crusader_of_centy_15.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
crusader_of_centy_15.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Crusader of Centy yet?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.