[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm finding I have to use a walkthrough more than I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: nvqtoo6jzauofno1ti2i.png (245KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
nvqtoo6jzauofno1ti2i.png
245KB, 636x358px
I'm finding I have to use a walkthrough more than I'd like to get through this game.

Shenmue is fucking incredible, but I've gotten lost and was totally unsure what I was doing or where I was going a dozen times already and multiple days have gone by and I'm just at the beginning, really.

Are there some tips so I don't miss shit and keep wasting time?
>>
Getting lost and slowly familiarizing with the enviroment is unironically part of the experience. If you don't enjoy it then don't play it, you have plenty of days to "waste".
>>
File: 1464470001370.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1464470001370.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>3275219
Check your journal often and look at the maps at the end of every street, also question almost every NPC. Game is really straightforward if you do all that.
>>
>>3275219
>tips
Play linear hand holders
>>
>>3275236
This isn't what I meant.

I more meant I have limited time as I work 15 hours a day and if I just spent hours wandering around it could take me months of short sessions to get anywhere without a clear objective.
>>
>>3275249
I started doing this, and I found where I was supposed to go pretty quickly. I feel like there's so much shit I could be missing, though.
>>
>>3275389
>I feel like there's so much shit I could be missing, though

That's gonna happen no matter what. Shenmue is filled with tons of hidden events some of which won't be possible unless you wait until a very specific date at a very specific area months from when the game starts. Instead of trying to 100% it just enjoy the ride and save the extra stuff on your multiple playthroughs.
>>
File: 1456527042213.jpg (88KB, 740x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456527042213.jpg
88KB, 740x720px
>>3275421
>Shenmue
>multiple playthroughs
>>
File: 1401041335697.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1401041335697.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>3275501
The game is filled to the brim with stuff you won't catch on your first one. Hell there's even an alternate ending if you wait too long.
>>
>>3275219
>>3275256
Shenmue is the definition of a linear hand holder.

>>3275501
It's also full of content which means you're going to have to play it many times to realistically see everything you want to see.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.