[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought a fami to nes converter at a flea market and I tested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160606_133421340.jpg (93KB, 1052x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160606_133421340.jpg
93KB, 1052x591px
So I bought a fami to nes converter at a flea market and I tested it out with the only famicom game I own, being Dragon Quest. The game itself runs perfectly but the audio is severely fucked, sounds like Sugiyama got hammered. I'm guessing this is a hardware thing that has to do with the pins? I'm not a techy guy. Is there anything I can do to fix the audio or should I just get a famicom?
>>
>>3274359
>The game itself runs perfectly but the audio is severely fucked, sounds like Sugiyama got hammered. I'm guessing this is a hardware thing that has to do with the pins?
Pretty much. The Famicom has an extra sound expansion pin that the NES lacked, so if you play certain FC games on the NES that make use of the sound expansion, some of the music will come off a bit muted. It happened to me playing the FC version of Rolling Thunder on an NES with a converter.
>>
>>3274378
Huh, I thought that was only for Disk System games like Metroid or Castlevania 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfj67J527Lk
DQ's ost is pretty much the same in Warrior so I figured it would be the same.
>>
>>3274379
Not just FDS games but not DQ are you paying on a clone console?

http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/List_of_games_with_expansion_audio
>>
>>3274406
Hmm, I was playing it on a Retron 2 (it was a gift from my family). It literally exploded because I accidentally plugged in the official NES AC adapter. I recently fixed the flashing screen bug on my NES but it isn't completely repaired yet. When I get the chance I'll try it on there.
>>
>>3274406
I assumed DQ1 was one, since it was one of those early FC games made before the launch of the NES, so they didn't have to make them localization friendly.
>>
>>3274359
Dragon Quest doesn't use any sort of expansion audio. I'd first check out the pins and make sure they're clean.
>>
>>3274443
It actually came out in Japan in 1986. So the NES was in its early days, but it had been launched by then.
>>
>>3274421
>Hmm, I was playing it on a Retron 2
>>3274359
>the audio is severely fucked

I found your problem. In the future, if you are playing on a clone system and you suddenly have weird problems with games, it's the clone system's fault.
>>
>>3275170
This. Tons of famicom games have issues on clone consoles for whatever reason.
>>
>using 60 to 72 pin converter in lockout chip-disabled toaster
>have no trouble whatsoever
>wanna play Dragon Buster 2
>buy a copy and test it out
>works great
>try it again later
>it starts glitching up consistently on the map screen
>well that's lame
>figure the cart is borked
>buy another copy
>it does the exact same shit
>other games working same as ever

As far as I know Dragon Buster 2 doesn't have any specialized hardware on the board...guess I'll have to just get a famicom at some point anyway.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.