[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> It's a gaunt enemy with his back sort of turned towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: slice.png (3KB, 234x348px) Image search: [Google]
slice.png
3KB, 234x348px
> It's a gaunt enemy with his back sort of turned towards the screen (ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖʳᵒᵇᵃᵇᶫʸ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵒᵐᵉʳᵃᶰᵍ ᵒʳ ᵏᶰᶦᶠᵉ ᵒʳ ʷʰᵃᵗᵉᵛᵉʳ)
>>
File: Slizard.gif (44KB, 356x392px) Image search: [Google]
Slizard.gif
44KB, 356x392px
>>3274016
What kind of fighting POSE is this? Every beat'em/belt scroller game has some enemy who's back is turned towards the screen

people say this is suppose to be southpaw
>>
>>3274112
It's called only so many ways to draw sprites facing left or right.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 1000x583px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 1000x583px
>>3274124
Well how come it's always some dude holding his fists way up
>>
>>3274125
Because when they're facing away that's the easiest way to show his arms and ready for a fight. Also artists are lazy so just do the same things over again. Beat em ups weren't a genre that innovated a whole ton.
>>
>>3274125

He's just trying to show-off his bad-ass hoodie design to the player.

>holding his fists way up

Common western boxing stance. It shields the face and ribs.

>Also artists are lazy so just do the same things over again.

Don't forget the graphical and memory limitations of hardware back then.

>>3274016
>>3274112

I'm guessing they never actually use those boomerangs
>>
>>3274303
>I'm guessing they never actually use those boomerangs
https://youtu.be/8VTEAocHJ6o?t=241
>>
File: Signal1.jpg (31KB, 574x206px) Image search: [Google]
Signal1.jpg
31KB, 574x206px
Signal did this too, as did his SOR1 incarnation.
>>
>>3274440

I was gonna play it but fuck the animation is shit. Is this the SNES version?

>>3274468

SOR/BK enemy sprites are just palette-swapped or retouched versions of the Final Fight sprites so no surprise there.

And Axel is just Cody with a head-band.
>>
>>3274593
>SOR/BK enemy sprites are just palette-swapped or retouched versions of the Final Fight sprites so no surprise there.
The only other enemies from the Streets of Rage series that I remember being directly inspired by the thugs in Final Fight are the Galsias and Donovans, which were obviously based Bred and his head swaps.
>>
>>3274843
They switched out Andre the Giant for Ultimate Warrior
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.