[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Amarant was a permanent party member. >Beatrix wasn't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

File: Beatrix.jpg (6KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
Beatrix.jpg
6KB, 202x250px
>Amarant was a permanent party member.
>Beatrix wasn't.

Why /vr/?

Also, characters who should have been playable/ permanently available. Any genre you want.
>>
>FF8
>PC version
>Play as anyone you want at any time
>including Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Ada, Seifer
>Make a team of 3 Lagunas
>Can't get any more badass
>why am I even greentexting this is not /v/ circa 2007
>>
File: Leo.jpg (122KB, 612x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Leo.jpg
122KB, 612x1000px
The original Final Fantasy resurrection myth.
>>
File: Copy_of_LloydGrande.jpg (58KB, 601x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Copy_of_LloydGrande.jpg
58KB, 601x1125px
He actually tags along at some point but his only non-boss appearance in battle is an in-engine cutscene where he gets smashed by Melbu Frauma.
>>
File: 146899324598.png (10KB, 240x189px) Image search: [Google]
146899324598.png
10KB, 240x189px
Magus should be the reward for sparing him, and human Glenn the reward for killing Magus.
>>
File: 1260296-johnny[1].jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1260296-johnny[1].jpg
12KB, 320x320px
I always hated how the sixth spot in the party select screen was always empty.
>>
File: 1429385780288.png (171KB, 382x543px) Image search: [Google]
1429385780288.png
171KB, 382x543px
>>3272074
Beatrix is too good to have on your team, and she's captain of the Alexandrian Knights, so she's already got a job that protects a kingdom.

Also, why the Amarant hate? You can get one of, if not the best, weapon for him super early, he can heal, restore MP, has high attack, and you can even put him in the back row and use throw.

Pic related is my vote.
>>
File: Lani.jpg (167KB, 395x413px) Image search: [Google]
Lani.jpg
167KB, 395x413px
>>3272518
Let me preface by saying I'm not OP.

I love Amarant from a utility perspective. He's great to have in your party... but he's kind of a dumb/boring character beyond that. He had the least development of any playable character by far.

I'm with you on your choice. They should have given Amarant an axe/sword hybrid thing, made Lani into the barehanded monk, and have her join your party instead.
>>
File: Alvis.jpg (100KB, 700x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Alvis.jpg
100KB, 700x1340px
>>3272074
I know he's not /vr/ but he fits the topic.
>>
>>3272551
He doesn't fit the topic cuz we are talking retro.
You know, on the retro board.
>>
The search was hot for a few years. the closest xenogears got to filling that extra character slot was the big Rasmus joke, but it was awesome, looking for it now.
>>
>>3272568
True.

I'll think of something better next time.
>>
>>3272549
I more or less got the the steam release to see Lani's HD cleavage.

I was not disappointed.

Blank would have been another fun character, another character that can steal, and it actually makes sense to the story that he would join you after hes un-petrified. But hey, as long as there are no rules here, Lani all day.
>>
>>3272580
All good, it's a good choice mind you.
I was a little upset myself that he wasn't. Moreso after the battle with the telethia.
>>
>people were shocked when arieth died
>it was on the back of the box
>>
>>3272596
Maybe so, but how often before that has a main character really stayed dead in a jrpg, moreso a final fantasy one. Considering they have magic and items for revival.
>>
>>3272601
>moreso a final fantasy one
Nigger you haven't played much of these games have you? Final Fantasy IV kills of Cid, Yang, Porom, Polom. 5 kills off Galuf. 6 kills off general Leo.
>>
>>3272608
I keep forgetting in the ports for 4 they all live at the end.
>>
>>3272601
Phantasy star 4 was where squared copied Aeris' death from.
>>
>>3272608
And Leo wasn't a main character. He was a plot point at best.
And galufs death didn't matter.
>>
>>3272608
>Cid, Yang, Porom, Polom
>stayed dead
>>
>>3272620
>And galufs death didn't matter.
Of course it did matter it's the catalyst that makes the main character recover his memories.
>>
>>3272643
He never finished the game anon. Don't mind the kids who watch let's plays only part the way.
>>
>>3272608
>Says FF4 kills off Cid, Yang, Palom and Porom
>Doesn't say anything about Tellah

YOU SPOONY SHITPOSTER
>>
>>3272074
I would be legitimately surprised if a mod to force Beatrix into your party on the Steam version of FFIX never occurred.
>>
>>3272819
Aren't there gameshark codes that do that on the PS version?
>>
>>3272978
Yes, though it was glitchy sometimes. And because she doesn't have trance, she can never attain it. Maybe someone will be bored enough to at least give her a Steiner-level trance if they mod her in. But maybe not.
>>
File: saga_art01.gif (57KB, 405x392px) Image search: [Google]
saga_art01.gif
57KB, 405x392px
>>3272074
>SaGa Frontier
>You can never recruit Red into the party unless you started the game as him

Feels bad man

You also can't get Blue unless you start as him but Rouge does everything he does
>>
>>3272608
>Not mentioning all the people who die in FFII

Poor Joseph, Minwu, and Ricard are never remembered.
>>
>>3273168
>get Josef in Record Keeper
>all his abilities are related to him killing himself or avalanches

Someone's got a sick sense of humor.
>>
>>3272090
Tellah existed before Leo did.
>>
>>3272191
In hindsight, it would have been sick if Frog reverted to Glenn if you killed Magus. I might have actually killed him during a play through if that were the case.
>>
>>3273278
>>3272191
But then he wouldn't be able to use his tongue. ):
And there was supposed to be an extra character, anyway. Jaspar/Gaspar is the usual suggestion, but I think Melchior would have made more sense. After he makes the masamune and all that shit with the rainbow shell, he's just kind of useless and never seen again while J/Gaspar continues to be omnipresent because he's always there at the EoT, guiding you along.

>>3272074
I've always been partial to Tempest and Fresca in Lunar. Tempest shoulda been permanent and Fresca shoulda been playable.
Also, every unplayable boss from any fighting game, ever.
>>
>>3273178
One of Desch's(FFIII) abilities involves throwing himelf into a furnace to power up your team and damage yourself, hell Ricard's and Jospeh's materia involve doing more damage while losing HP.

Safe to say if you sacrifice yourself at any given time they give that to you as an ability like Galuf's fucking invincible mode in his last fight.
>>
>>3273267

nobody likes Tellah
>>
>>3273267
Yeah, I'm not seeing 139,000 results for Tellah resurrection like General Leo resurrection gets.

I'm not seeing any relevant links in the front page at all, really. In fact, the ninth result is about resurrecting General Leo.
>>
>>3272615

The fuck are you on about? They all live except Tellah.
>>
File: Mr._Everdred_Clay.png (21KB, 153x206px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Everdred_Clay.png
21KB, 153x206px
Some unused sprites suggested everdred would've been a party member, I imagine only for short time though. Still I like him and would've liked to have seen more of him.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.