[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games you wish you could get into but cant. No matter how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (43KB, 480x540px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
43KB, 480x540px
Games you wish you could get into but cant. No matter how much you try.
>>
Not retro but the PS2 Resident Evil clone is much better.
>>
Harvest Moon.

Any incarnation of it. I've heard it's good and it's addictive, etc. I just can't do it.
>>
>>3269942
Just use a walkthrough so you can cruise through it. It's not bad but it's not worth really investing time into either.
>>
the metroid and megaman series
>>
File: POPULOUS.jpg (94KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
POPULOUS.jpg
94KB, 640x468px
>>
>>3269954
what game is that?
>>
>>3270106
probably Cold Fear or X Files: Resist or Serve
>>
>>3269942
It's really good once you get used to the weird arrows to navigate through the levels. But yeah that can be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>3270154
NOT RETRO
>>
>>3269942

Castlevania SOTN

I want to love it just like everyone else does, and trust, me, I tried. The sprites and music are so cool, but on a technical standpoint, the game is atrocious. Both vertical and horizontal level design are flawed, every single area it's just a long corridor/stair, or a meaningless platform fest, with the same set of enemies spawning every 3 meters just so you can grind exp without breaking the pace. And almost every secret area you run into contains an item that is either obsolete by the time you find it, or complete garbage. It doesn't help that the second half of the game is just an inverted version of the castle with stronger enemies.

Seriously, this game had so much potential, but they fucked up badly.
>>
Koudelka
>>
>>3269942
Yoshi's Island
>>
Planet of the Apes PS1

The cover art is misleading, it has nothing to do with Tim Burton's shitty movie, it has more in common with the first sequel to the original. I'm a fan of the old film series and I want to like this one but it's so fucking frustrating. The controls are shit and enemies are overpowered.
>>
>>3270106

Resist or Serve. A lot more action and feels a lot more like the show rather than something that shares the name.
>>
>>3269942
Ocarina of Time

No really, not bait, I started it 3 fucking times, played a few hours and dropped it, it just doesn't capture me.

I'm thinking of trying luck with Majora's Mask.
>>
>>3271889
Same here. You're not alone.
>>
>>3271889
Backing you up, I can't enjoy it either. The hitstop in particular bothers the fuck out of me.
>>
>>3269942
Mario 64. Ever since I was younger, I tried to like it because everyone around me liked it, but it just felt too boring, and the camera always bothered the shit out of me.
>>
>>3271889
same
>>
Alundra. Fucking tried it couple of times but nope, nothing.
>>
>>3269959

Retro or not, I just can't get into simulation games at all. I can recognize their quality, but they just make me feel like I'd be better served making my own adventures IRL.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.