[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to all the games you owned as a kid? Mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: j.jpg (187KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
187KB, 900x654px
What happened to all the games you owned as a kid?

Mine were all stolen.
>>
>>3269252
ye mine were all stolen by nigger too
>>
My N64 carts were stolen by a fucking maid. The SNES ones I gave away to a cousin of mine.

I kept my PS1 discs though. All pirated copies too.
>>
File: 1409694837855.png (323KB, 484x479px) Image search: [Google]
1409694837855.png
323KB, 484x479px
I dunno about you guys but I still have all of my games.
>>
>>3269268
same
>>
>>3269268
>>
I sold a good chunk of mine back in 1999/2000, many SNES games that are now mad expensive like SMRPG or Dracula X I sold for $10 back then.
Deeply regret it but it was the only way my teen self could get to watch some anime like Lain. Being an anime fan before the internet got proper speed was a pain in the ass.

I only kept a few ones that were my all time favorites like SMW or DKC, but those aren't the most expensive games nowadays, still I'm glad I didn't sell them.

A couple of my games were also stolen by some fucks whom I considered friends, but that's how you learn lessons in life I guess.
That's how you also learn who are your true friends, since I lent some games to a friend of mine when I was a teenager, then we stopped seeing each other due to different reasons, then 7 years later we meet again, and the first thing he does is give me my games back, without me asking.
>>
File: shadowgate-nes.png (259KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
shadowgate-nes.png
259KB, 360x500px
Dad sold most of them at VERY poor prices.
I had a famiclone with various multikarts and a nes clone (Sachen) that played NES games region-free.

The oldest thing i have anymore is a MEGA CD 2...

Some of my games got stolen / lost when lending them.
I still have some games of few guys and they got some of mine.

I stopped selling/trading games at PS2.

(pic related: one of the games that got sold for peanuts)
>>
I still have them. Most of them were stolen to begin with.
>>
>>3269252
I have 90% of them. Some of them were stolen in the PS1/2 era by an Asian guy.

I can't believe I gave away Spyro to Gamestop for $2 in store credit. What a horrible mistake.
>>
Sold / traded them towards newer stuff at the time. Sure I regret it now, but as a kid it's not like I could just go out and buy brand new stuff off the shelf back when it was £45 for a Megadrive game.
>>
Dad sold them for weed and heroin. I managed to keep Goldeneye though by hiding it.

Once I got a job I bought most of the N64 games I had and kept selling and buying new consoles.
>>
My retarded little brother mopped the floor with most of my PS1 games eventually.

Others disappeared/cracked when moving to another house, which happens a lot of times when you have divorced parents.
>>
I own most of them and sold or lost the rest.
>>
I still have the NES I got when I was 4 years old.
>>
a friend of mine stole some of my games
some of them borrowed them and lost them
some i sold

i'll say i have 70% of them still
>>
>>3269252
Parents have them all to goodwill when I moved out
>>
Sold them for around 20k thanks to this retro collecting bubble. Collectors are seriously a cancer though.
>>
>>3269252
In storage somewhere across the country, I hope.
>>
>>3270401
in one colelction or split em up and do like a hundred ebay auctions? I want to sell my collection but I also want to get a good price and not sell it for a third of what its worth to some reseller.
>>
Don't die thread, I want to post a story in you!
>>
>>3269252

My brother and I shared some of our games, and he just up and sold fucking all of them. Still got the ones that I bought though.
>>
>>3273031

/vr/ is generally a slow board, this thread will most likely be up for days.
>>
>>3269252
I kept all of them because even as a kid I knew selling a game that cost $60+ to Jewstop, Funcoland, EB Games for $5 in store credit was a fucking ripoff.
>>
Wew, this was two threads away from getting archived.
Anyways, my answer is also the reason I don't really play video games anymore and have pretty much lost the ability to enjoy them the same way.

So as of four years, I had a good collection going that I had been working on my whole life up until that point. Every Nintendo console (even Virtual Boy, imported Game Boy Light, Famicom, and Super Famicom, as well as cool little items like that Pikachu N64), all Sega consoles and add-ons, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, a collection of retro consoles like the Intellevision, ColecoVision, 2600, 5200, Lynx, Jaguar, Fairchild F, plus a CDI with the Zelda and Mario games.
So what happened to all that?
Along with every single game I had ever owned up until that point.
My girlfriend I was living with and engaged to at the time threw all of it a way without telling me after broke up.
It was pretty soul-crushing to be honest, and ever since games just don't hit that certain sense of pleasure and intrigue anymore.
I still love to talk about games, just not really play them.
>>
>>3273047
No, it was literally the second to last thread in the catalog.
>>
>>3273068
Also, I was 18 turning 19 in a few months at the time.
22 turning 23 in a few months currently.
>>
>>3273068
Should've sued her for the current value of all the games.

I know you didn't keep a list of all of your games so you should've just gone to Ebay, pointed out prices of old games and asked for like $5,000 or something.
>>
>>3269252
My brother hocked them in for drugs.
>>
>>3269268
This. Feels good, man.
>>
>>3269252
Gave them all away when I left the states. Was afraid that people here would rightfully laugh at me for having hideous American shit. Built a new collection of glorious boxed master race consoles and games for a fraction of the price.
>>
Im a maid and I stole some n64 games off of some kid. I used to work for this asshole family back in the day. I stole jewellery too.
>>
File: 1458823498969.jpg (62KB, 491x367px) Image search: [Google]
1458823498969.jpg
62KB, 491x367px
The ones I have left are festering in totes at my parent's house (who I hate)
NES, SNES, N64, Playstation, Game Boy Color, Gamecube, Sega CDX...PS2 is where I stopped buying vidya.
Sold a few of my SNES rpgs 5 or so years ago cause I was broke, for spending money...Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. A few of my 64 games were loaned out and never returned (Banjo-Tooie and Super Smash Bros, those 2 hurt.)
I used to have a Dreamcast and GB Advance but cannot find them along with most of my Dreamcast games. Sucks because I had Shenmue, Carrier, and Skies of Arcadia, all of which I never beat. Video games defined my childhood so it's very sad the state they are in now.

>>3274451
Try harder
>>
some of mine got stolen, the rest were stored too close to the heater for some reason and deformed.
>>
my cousin "borrowed" some of my genesis games including toejam and earl what the fuck I'm still mad but I still have everything else
as for most of the manuals, I don't have the slightest clue
>>
When we got a PS1, my mother decided to give our old NES and all its games to our cousins, who at the time were poorer than us.
Some of the games included some semi-rare ones worth at least 50 bucks each today.
The thing is, I quickly realized their mother accepted the gift not to sound rude but wdouldn't allow her kids to play the thing. I only saw them play it twice, when we visited and asked for it.
Few years later they became rich and got a PS1. I don't know if they still have the NES, I never dared to ask it back, and these days I only see them for weddings and funerals.

Then as a teen buying new games was hard because of the lack of me, so a friend and I brought our pocket money together to buy new used consoles and games, and in the process sold old games to buy new ones. Sold most games that way but I don't regret anything because we had a hell of a time with those.

Then when I went to university my mother threw away my big PC game boxes, even though they were hanging as trophees on shelves in my old room. Some of those would go between 50 and 100 bucks each on ebay these days.
>>
>>3269268
This. My parents are hoarders.
>>
theyre in a plastic tub along with all my other vidya games

what kind of idiot sells his video game collection?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.