[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some 3D platformers with little to no exploration and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: SMB3 3D.jpg (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SMB3 3D.jpg
1MB, 1280x720px
What are some 3D platformers with little to no exploration and just plain old jumping? I only know
>Pacman World
>Crash and its clones
>Rayman 2 kinda
>Bowser levels in Mario 64
>Sonic levels in Adventure
>Croc
I grew up in the age of platformers being simple so the exploration thing confuses and enrages my old mind.
>>
>>3268529
>this stupid fucking "add high resolution assets to a game and it looks amazing" meme

>see that unreal demo shit of Zelda and see people saying it looks so much better than the original
>it's a clusterfuck and looks like shit with no art direction
>>
>>3268538
Sometimes I think Nintendo would do better if they just slapped togheter some half-assed tech demos with stolen assets.
I find interesting that many comments in this kind of video keep praising it and saying that they put Nintendo to shame.

I mean, look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nu0gMrNSMY
>Kaden Strebe
>You need to make the next Smash Bros. xD

>soccerthepkmnmaster
>Do you guys ACTUALLY want him to make the next Smash Bros?
>Can you tell me what he could do that other people couldn't?

>FaZe D4WN
>+soccerthepkmnmaster umm maybe the fact that he made 3d characters that look amazing compared to Nintendo's 2d platforming or Mario kart?. lol just saying this youtuber would make a better smash bros than anyone else and Nintendo has nothing on him.

Truly unreal.
>>
>>3269259
>Truly unreal.
nice pun
>>
>>3269259
Nintendo is so far behind as far as what their teams are equipped and capable of doing graphically. Last I heard, they were about 2 years behind in the education and training their teams would need to come close to what anyone else does just to stay afloat. Now, the gap has grown. Comments like that only highlight that what they are doing now isn't even mediocre.

The last time they were competitive was the gamecube. The last time they stood out was the snes. I want them to be on par with that at the very least. I want them to have graphics that are not cutting edge, but so good that it doesn't matter that they aren't. I don't hold out any hope.
>>
>>3268529
Not retro, but play Super Mario 3D Land/World immediately if you haven't yet. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty linear too, but not quite as much.
>>
Pandemonium?
>>
I think Chameleon Twist and Bomberman Hero both kinda fit the bill.
>>
>>3269978
Is this the biggest asspull post on /vr/?
>>
>>3270003
gameplay-wise it's a 2D platformer
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.