[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I miss the boat on these? PlayAsia says they haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: head.jpg (396KB, 1920x1444px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
396KB, 1920x1444px
Did I miss the boat on these? PlayAsia says they haven't been released yet, but Amazon says out of stock and there are already videos of people using them on YouTube. Were those beta versions for reviewers, or are they sold out for now?
>>
Has there been any news on whether they have plans to release similar devices for any other consoles?
>>
>>3267805
You know you can just buy the origina wireless nes controllers right
>>
>shoulder buttons
>xyba
These probably feel fucking awful.

The NES controller design was not built for this.

Just convert a fucking SNES controller.
>>
>>3267823
What do you mean? Original NES controllers that have been RF modded? I haven't ever seen them for sale if that's what you're talking about.
>>
>>3267823
>>3267846
Think he means the terrible ones from Acclaim. Or maybe the NES Satellite. The latter actually being worth a damn, especially with a power supply mod..
>>
File: NES30pro1.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NES30pro1.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
>>3267832
You can use pretty much any bluetooth controller with them, but I would be using one of these.
>>
>>3267846
Hes probably being a dipshit thinking theres no difference between line of sight IR "wireless" and RF
>>
>>3267853
Are these good?
>>
>>3268982
Everything they make is good

I wouldn't be caught dead using these for NES though. More acceptable for fifth gen.
>>
>>3268986
I want a good joystick for emulating. So these with analogs and 4 shoulder buttons are my goal.
Problem is finding one with decent D-Pads.
>>
>>3268992
I've tried a lot of controllers for emulation over the years, and found that the best route is generally an adapter for the console your emulating.

For your case you might do alright to just get a PS2 controller with an adapter or honestly I find PS3 controller's dpads are decent and that way you don't even need an adapter. PS3 controllers are bound to be cheap right about now as everyone tries to sell their PS3 to upgrade to a PS4.

If you'd prefer a controller made for the PC specifically for whatever reason I'd go with something from xgaming though.
>>
>>3269004
Nice hint about the PS3 ones.
I might look into them, thanks for that man.
>>
>>3268992
The one I posted a pic of does have 4 shoulder buttons, but the L2/R2 are to the right/left of L1 and R1 rather than behind them.

>>3268986
>I wouldn't be caught dead using these for NES though.
Why not? My plan, if this is possible, is to get two and have them hooked up to my NES while plugging the the USB ends into my PC so I can use them for both without having to ever resync them.
>>
>>3269023
I guess this is a purely personal thing and maybe it's just because I have played far too much NES on the original hardware. Four buttons and a dpad, anything else would feel wrong.

It's not that I think that controllers bad, but for games before the fourth gen a lot of their charm comes from their hardware.

I wouldn't bat an eye to using that on the SNES, but for the NES it's too much.
>>
>>3267832
this

>>3267853
that looks like shit
>>
File: 1455275646945.gif (2MB, 372x323px) Image search: [Google]
1455275646945.gif
2MB, 372x323px
>>3267820
I fucking wish there was something like this for the PS2.

All you got now are overpriced second hand wireless controllers and shady cheaply made wireless controllers for the thing.

Where i'm living right now is crowded with a few dogs and people not paying attention running back and forth so i'm desperate to have something that will let me use my ps3 or ps4 controller with it.
>>
File: 30921401-2-440-overview-1.gif (153KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
30921401-2-440-overview-1.gif
153KB, 770x433px
>>3271305
Not having literally the best and most comfortable controller ever made for the PS2. Not even fucking around here. It's so smooth.
>>
>>3267846
>>3267848
The NES Satellite.
>>3267857
You're a moron. As long as you're within range and have nothing obstructing the sensor, there's no difference in the old NES Satellite controllers. Even the Genesis had good wireless if you had line of sight.
>>
>>3271389
Is it still beind sold at reasonable price? If so, how's the dpad? Looks wonky
>>
>>3271543
You're talking about the NES Satellite. Which is actually a nice little thing. Minus the batteries.

The ones I mentioned like from Acclaim and what the guy is talking about are trash.
>>
>>3267805
>Did I miss the boat
No. Boatloads of shit hipster controllers arrive every day.
>>
>>3272462
Dpad sucks. I have two of these. Will drain your batteries if you leave them in the controller.
>>
>>3272462
Reasonable price , probably not.
Worth it ? Fuck yes.
I own 2. One I was lucky enough to find at a thrift shop for $2. But I boughy my first one for $50 and do not regret it. No wonkiness at all. It is the best ps2 controller. Even the plastic its made of feels smoother and is just awesome. If you see one, buy it.
>>
>>3273715
No it doesn't faggot. And who the fuck even uses a dpad to play ps2 games. Shut up.
>>
>>3273715
Post a pic of yours with time stamp cause you lying sperg nigga.
>>
>>3272462
Pull this controller up on amazon and read all the reviews. Its god tier.
>>
>>3273795
>Pull this controller up on amazon and read what shills and hipsters have to say
>>
>>3273792
different anon here. i love the dpad. and it works very well. as for the battery drain, you probably have a faulty controller. Only reason mine drained the battery was due to buttons being pressed while in my back pack, which caused the controller to power on and seek the receiver.
>>
>>3273707
It's not a controller; it's a Bluetooth adapter for the NES which allows you to use pretty much any BT controller, including modern Sony and Nintendo ones.
>>
File: 61eIVFJjm+L._SL1500_.jpg (108KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61eIVFJjm+L._SL1500_.jpg
108KB, 1500x1500px
>>3271305
Coincidentally, I just noticed yesterday that there are tons of wireless DS2 knockoffs on Amazon for about $12 and ordered pic related. It might end up being terrible, but it's cheap and has the same look as the official controllers.
>>
Wouldn't it be trivial to build this yourself?
>>
>>3277051
I'll just apply that high school circuitry class I took... oh wait. My School only had sheep rearing as an elective.
>>
>>3277051
Yes. I've done it. Circuit diagrams and code are freely available. Costs about $5 per controller. The most difficult part is finding a decent reasonably priced enclosure for the receiver.
And then you're using a real original controller instead of that shit.
>>
I ordered mine from Playasia back in March and I got them last month. They work fine! I've tried the PS3 and 8bitdo SNES and NES controllers with them.
>>
>>3277146
Kiwi?
>>
Isn't op referring to the wireless adapter? I got one, it was $20. Worth the money. No input lag. It's a neat thing to have, hope they make them for other consoles to help curb re-seller scum prices.
>>
>>3277628
They're taking an open source design and using it to build a product they sell to hipsters for 10x what it costs to make. What reseller scum are you talking about?
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for ripping off hipsters. But I'm also big on pointing out when they say something retarded.
>>
>>3278071
There is nothing wrong with building a product using a free design and selling it at a profit. A lot of people would rather just buy the thing fully assembled for $20 than source all the parts and build it themselves. That's adding value.
>>
>>3277628
There's really no input lag on it? I feel like there would be just because it's wireless...
>>
File: 1123i176.jpg (70KB, 640x552px) Image search: [Google]
1123i176.jpg
70KB, 640x552px
>>3271389

>Shit Station Dual Shit analog stick layout

Get fucked, cuck.
>>
>>3277628
>No input lag.

Yes there is. You can see videos on YouTube showing the lag.

OP, the thing is just temporarily out of stock. If you have a Face/Book account just follow their page for restock notices.

The SNES version is also coming soon
>>
>>3278209
>>3277628
>>3278071
>>3278143
>>3278203
There's no lag with bluetooth. Pollrate may be a different story though.
>>3278207
This is a 18+ board.
>>
>>3278217
>There's no lag with bluetooth

Yes there is.
>>
>>3278240
Try doing some research.
>>
>>3278207
Go away.
>>
>>3278243

I have. That's how I know bluetooth controllers have lag, idiot.

I also own the product in the OP.

IT
HAS
LAG

Cry more. I don't know why you're in such denial about this subject. Bluetooth controllers have lag, and that lag gets worse if you have a slow display.

Deal with it friend.
>>
>>3278274
Show many any test and the test set up that shows bluetooth lagging.

Prove to me it wasn't the pollrate or some shitty software buffer.

Dumb underage kids.
>>
>>3278278
I don't think he was suggesting that the electromagnetic waves would actually lag simply because they were carrying bluetooth information. There's no doubt a logical scientific explanation for why bluetooth has lag that a supreme autist could some how spin into not being bluetooth. But no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>3278274
Quick question: Can the adapter emulate a fourscore, and is it possible to use two controllers with just one adapter?
>>
>>3279934
no,no
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.