[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's too powerful, his spells hit my whole team and even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_20160604_012705591.jpg (1010KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_012705591.jpg
1010KB, 2592x1456px
He's too powerful, his spells hit my whole team and even with the masamune i can't defeat him.

Crono is level 19, Frog and Robo are 18.
>>
use heal beam every single turn with robo

you're supposed to change your attacks to match his barrier because he changes it constantly, if you use the wrong kind of attack he uses a powerful counter attack

the barrier properties are Fire/Ice/Water/Light/Shadow/Physical IIRC, cause for whatever reason those are the only elements in trigger. Use the same type of attack as the one he uses on you.

but you can just attack>use heal beam>attack>use heal beam

heal beam is just really over powered
>>
File: IMG_20160604_020218162.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_020218162.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Finally, get triple raided motherfucker.

>>3267679
Yeah, it is kinda overpowered because it heals more than Marle and Frog's basic healing abilities and at the same time Robo hits harder than everyone except Ayla.

Robo was more pivotal to me beating Magus with his awesome tackles, laser beams and cure beams than Frog with the Masamune.
I had to spend my only two barriers on him tho because he has very low magic resist and whenever Magus cast Dark Matter it hit him for nearly 300.
>>
>>3267657
Ssshhhhh...! You can't mention this game here.
>>
>>3267732
Why not?
>>
>>3267813
in b4 clearly a tower
>>
>>3267731
Like most of the hard bosses in Chrono Trigger, Magus is mostly difficult because you're doing most of the damage to yourself.
Magus counters physical attacks.

So if you're getting wrecked too fast maybe just attack slower, give yourself a chance to heal between turns.
>>
OP here, sincerely don't feel like using Marle, ever, she's so uninteresting and it seems like she's also the least useful.

Whenever i play a multi-character party RPG like this i try to use everyone and regularly change the party to make sense with the current part of the story or quest i'm doing, like using Frog in the middle ages, Robo in the future, Ayla in the past and Lucca whenever it makes sense to have a scientist in the party, but i can't find a reason to use Marle other than she's cute and the main character love interest.

Fuck this, i'm running Ayla (obligatory) and Lucca in Tyrano Lair.
>>
>being bad at snes rpgs
>>
File: frog_by_tyleredlinart-d6qkg8z.jpg (213KB, 1024x1315px) Image search: [Google]
frog_by_tyleredlinart-d6qkg8z.jpg
213KB, 1024x1315px
>>3267862
Just use whoever you like, everyone's viable.

If you can get around not having a primary healer, or whatever the fuck Marle does for you, then good.

I think Robo & Crono have heal spin anyway, and heal beam is probably just as good as whatever the fuck Marle has.

I think you can go to the hunting grounds and get shit to trade for a better gun back at the village, not really necessary but doable.
>>
File: Marle.full.128951.jpg (722KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Marle.full.128951.jpg
722KB, 1280x960px
Use Marle, her healing is the best.
>>
>>3267876
Most of your healing can be done with Lapis and shit anyways, the 200 HP/All, and just spam Mega Elixers for Lavos.

Best party in terms of tanking, healing and DPS is by far Chrono Ayla Robo. There are some setups that work using Magus, but that setup is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>3267862
>but i can't find a reason to use Marle other than she's cute and the main character love interest
>letting marle win
No, anon, that's not how you do it. Lucca is supposed to win Marle can go get fucked

Lucca's scene is so much better at death peak
>>
File: Fiona__s_Shrine_by_mistycat85.jpg (497KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Fiona__s_Shrine_by_mistycat85.jpg
497KB, 500x700px
>>3267887
>Use Marle
never gonna, you can't make me.
>>
>>3267893
It's amazing how well thought and composed this piece is given that the artist clearly has no talent whatsoever.
>>
>>3267896
Sure, Robo looks rubbish here, but I'd say the composition shows that the artists does, in fact, have some talent.
>>
>TFW nobody likes Marle except me
>>
File: 1459228421802.png (412KB, 554x543px) Image search: [Google]
1459228421802.png
412KB, 554x543px
>TFW nobody likes Marle except for me
>>
>>3267920
Ayla is superior in every conceivable way, except that she probably is not hygienic and has a very hairy crotch since she is a cavewoman.
>>
File: lucca_by_2mindsstudio-d4z6pba.jpg (96KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lucca_by_2mindsstudio-d4z6pba.jpg
96KB, 800x1000px
>>3267939
pic related is the queen we deserve
>>
>>3267946
Too young and nowhere as voluptuous/sexy as Ayla.
>>
File: IMG_20160604_053428351.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_053428351.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Yep, time to get raped.
>>
>>3268062
remember to charm power and magic tabs
>>
>>3267901
maybe for design, but definitely not for art

or perhaps I mean the opposite?
>>
>>3267939
>implying I wouldn't lick the sweat from her hairy armpits
you don't know me at all anon
>>
File: IMG_20160604_062017769.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_062017769.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
This might be the beautiest and most relaxing place i have seen in a videogame ever

And i could listen to this overworld theme all day. The only other time i have paused the game for 10 minutes to listen to a music like this was in DKC2
>>
File: joseph_ducreux-git_gud.jpg (710KB, 1600x2080px) Image search: [Google]
joseph_ducreux-git_gud.jpg
710KB, 1600x2080px
>>3267657
>>
Last time I played this I couldn't get past the 2 golems
>>
>>3268819
oh, honey
>>
>>3268819
Probably the hardest boss in the game if you don't cheese it.

Get three sets of Ruby Mail from the past (the armor that makes you immune to fire), and then spam nothing but fire spells.
>>
>>3269112
Dragon Tank, Magus, Masamune, Azala & Tyrano, Slash and Son of Sun are all very challenging too if you aren't overleveled or cheese with bullshit like Lapis and MegaElixir
>>
>>3268819
Easy way to beat them without extra gear is to make sure they are in a water phase before they attack. Water spells from enemies are always weak as shit.

You can also sleep them with Lucca's Hypno Wave I think.
>>
>>3267828
CT seems really hard until you realize this. Everything just counters every damn attack.
>>
>>3269112
Why the fuck have you become so useless since your name change.
At least as "princess" you made sense sometimes. But now that you got your dick snipped off your full blown faggot and not the good kind a faggot.
>>
>>3267862
>the main character love interest.
she isn't
that's just some dumb retcon bullshit they pulled with the psx version where they get married

chrono never says anything so there's no clue as to if he likes lucca or marle
>>
>>3267876
I think Marle has Lifeline which could be useful
Never used it myself tho
>>
>>3270482
The main problem regarding difficult for me is that nearly every character has healing spells and also spells that heal the whole party.

To make the game actually challenging and more strategic instead of "spam the strongest magic while healing everyone" i would:
Remove Lapis and MegaElixir.
Make Full Tonic and Full Ether appear only very late in the game.
Limit how many of each potion you can carry in inventory and triple all their costs.
Lessen by 15% the money dropped by all creatures.
Give a weak, single character healing spell for Robo, a weak party healing as double tech with Lucca, and one weak single character heal for Magus, leaving Marle with a medium single character healing spell and a medium party healing (double tech with Crono) and Life spell.
Remove Luminaire, nerf critical hit chance, nerf Ayla ridiculous damage output and raise the MP cost of all techs, doubling and tripling the cost for double and triple techs respectively.

There, i made Chrono Trigger's battles actually fun, challenging and strategic instead of chores.
>>
>>3268819
I beat the double golems and single golem on my first try blind run of the games.

Just space out spells of different elements. That way they're always in "charging" or "changing element" mode.
>>
>>3270630
Just out of curiosity, how would you make Earthbound's battles good?
>>
>>3270630
Along these lines...

The hunting ground kind of sticks out to me. Sounds super cool, but it's really just frogs. Frogs that everyone except Lucca(at that point) can kill with one reg attack. The fuck's the point?
>>
>>3270704
Nu rarely spawns in the forest, and other than once or twice in the floating city, it's the only way you can fight them.
>>
File: 1465105745923.jpg (36KB, 432x194px) Image search: [Google]
1465105745923.jpg
36KB, 432x194px
dam you suck ><
>>
>>3268062
Azala and Tyrano aren't too bad. I just spammed Spire with Crono and Frog on azalea and then Tyrano while Ayla used bite. Just do that and heal when needed, especially after the countdown attack.

>>3270828
Hello fellow /pol/lack
>>
>>3270704

everything in there gives way more feathers n shit then elsewhere
>>
>>3270815
>>3270861
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I get the point of why you go in there, I don't get why they made it lame as shit.

They could have put a bunch of cool prehistoric monsters in there that you actually had to track down, maybe even ones corresponding to the items you're trying to get:

sabre tooth tiger = fangs
pterodactyl = feathers
mammoth = horns (tusks I guess)
some fucking giant killer plant thing = petals

Just off the top off my head.
They could have made a "prehistoric hunting ground" a lot better than just one hit frogs and nus that spawn in the same place every time. Why would frogs drop feathers and shit anyway?
>>
>>3267901
>copy scene by scene classic catholic church vitrage motives
>talent
sure
>>
>>3267657
>playing on a 16:9 TV

Don't do this. Chrono Trigger has some great sprite art, but it looks like shit all stretched out. Try seeing if your TV has a 4:3 setting (it probably does)
>>
>>3270328
Masamune's tornado attack can be cancelled with Slash, making him trivial.

Son of Sun you're supposed to wear Fire Mails

Golems are easy if you use Ayla, their physical counter reduces you to 1 HP, but as long as you keep healing yourself above 1 you won't die.

The hardest boss in the game is Lavos shell at Ocean Palace, because he spams his needle rain over and over and it's easily the strongest magical attack in the game. It's so strong that you need to be around level 50 for anyone other than Lucca to tank it (unless you already newgame+ and have prism helms or something) The party I used there was Chrono/Robo/Lucca, and it really would have been impossible if Robo wasn't so OP.
>>
>>3267862
If you play the DS remake, Marle gets a weapon that lets her do 777 damage no matter what, which is decent on its own, but also pierces through the bullshit barrier things that a lot of enemies in this game have.
>>
>>3267862

I beat the super boss using Magus and Marle.
>>
>put all your magic tabs on Robo
>by the end game his heal beam is healing everyone for 400 HP
most OP character in the game
>>
>>3271941
He's OP if you put all your magic and speed tabs on him but he's the worst if you don't.

Which means while he CAN kick major ass, you have to do it at the expense of the others.
>>
>>3271949
nope, he's still better than Marle and Frog

even then, its never actually necessary to speed tab anyone other than Lucca and Robo, and it just makes them even more powerful.

Chrono and Ayla are just too OP
>>
File: Gastornis_2.jpg (124KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
Gastornis_2.jpg
124KB, 640x598px
>>3271868
Pterodactyls don't have feathers.

Gastornis would make a good prehistoric bird enemy; it had thick powerful legs and a parrot-like bill that could probably crush a human skull. It also kind of looks like a chocobo.
>>
>>3270651
I have never played that game but i plan to.
>>
>>3271916
Masamune still hits very hard and attacks quite fast, if he gets one character down you have trouble.

Using Fire Mail basically makes Son of Sun a joke i give you that, but he is still gimmicky and without cheesing with fire mail or Magus' black hole he's a real challenge.

You're completely wrong on the golem though, physical is his most dangerous mode, in every 2nd turn he will launch a volley of fireball-like spheres that hits VERY hard, over 300 up to 360 or so on low defense characters, water attacks are his weakest.

You can defeat him anyway just attacking with different elements inbetween brief intervals so he keeps changing his attack mode and having to recharge.

But as i said in my previous post, these bosses are challenging if you DON'T LAME IT OUT
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.