[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$80 on eBay Holy shit, when did this happen? Wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (211KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 640x898px
>$80 on eBay

Holy shit, when did this happen? Wasn't this game going for $20 just a few years ago?
>>
It happened when the internet got popular
>>
>>3265127
lol I got MM1 from my local video rental store in the 90s for $5 when they were selling old games. Thats all its worth honestly.
>>
Right!?! I picked it up for like 10 bucks in 2010. Went back recently to think about CIB'ing it...nope.
>>
Werent Mega man games expensive for awhile now?
>>
>>3265157
only the shitty ones like legends and x3.
>>
>>3265157
They were, but not as high as it is now.
I remember back in 07-08 I saw copies of Mega Man 1-6 going for $15 each.
>>
The retro game market has become a bloated, gouged, overpriced mess in the last couple of years. I really pity anyone only trying to start collecting now.
>>
>>3265127
Hoarders are driving the prices of NES games though the fucking roof.
>>
People paid $60 bucks for it back in the day. Stop whining you babies.
>>
>>3265145
>ol I got MM1 from my local video rental store in the 90s for $5 when they were selling old games
>IN THE 90s.........

Shitbait

[Spoiler]I traded NINTENDO World cup for MEGAMAN 4 back in late 2008[/spoiler]
>>
>>3265321
Or emulate
>>
Pretty much.

I sold my copies of the NES MM games a few years ago for <100 for the set.

Sucks I sold off my collection when I did. Couldve at least quadrupled my money if I couldve waited.
>>
>>3265321
games were 50 back then, but valid point. It's also available on a PS2 collection with 1-8 and 2 unlockable games. The save feature is a little annoying, but it's playable if you don't feel like emulating. But collectors gonna collect. And that's what resellers count on. People with disposable income trying to complete collections.
>>
>>3265145
Haha love this post man, really good, where can I can upvote?
>>
>>3265127
>not having a flashcart
>>
>>3265127
Is that CiB I hope? Regardless nes game prices are getting crazy. Would gladly sell my MM2 cart that I picked up for $2.50 for $80
>>
>>3265127
>$80 on eBay
>going for $20 just a few years ago
>when did this happen
Within the last few years bainiac?
>>
>>3267607
Yeah but HOW? It's not even that great of a game and it's not exactly uncommon because there are some oval seal copies flying around, which means that it was in production for at least a few years.
>>
>>3268603
Time
Supply
Demand
Internet
>>
File: Sad Carl.gif (481KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Carl.gif
481KB, 250x187px
>tfw I owned this as a kid
>tfw still have my NES and games but no Mega Man
>tfw probably lent it to someone and never got it back
>>
>>3266408
>Is that CiB I hope?

Hahahaha, you poor naive fool.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nes/mega-man
>Loose Price $76.61
>Complete Price $217.73
>New Price $6,833.56
>>
>>3268636
Lending games was the worst thing I did as a kid.

Lost all my snes rpgs when I lent them to my cousin, who then lent it to some random kid down the street.... fukin ell.
>>
>>3268746

To be fair, I've got plenty of games in my collection that I didn't buy. Ironically, my copy of GTA Vice City was "borrowed" from a friend back in high school, I forget what I lent him in return but I know I never got it back, possibly Kingdom Hearts. So I lost Mega Man and others but I got other games that same way.
>>
>>3268746
>>3268789

Although I did just remember that I lent my Genesis, Sega CD, 32X and about 70 games to my cousins and they eventually sold it all at a garage sale. Never got anything back for that... I'm sad again.
>>
>>3268796
kill them
>>
>>3268603
Because millions of people like you want it. Some are able to pay that much.
>>
File: 13sbyDq31rz60rk.gif (478KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
13sbyDq31rz60rk.gif
478KB, 300x190px
>>3265127
I was in my local game shop the other day and saw they had all 5 MM games, and saw MM5 was $100.

went home and checked, yep. cart is 100, booklet is 50, complete in box is 300.

>mfw I got MM3-6 new when released when i was little
>mfw I got MM1 and 2 at flea market for $20 each when I was in 7th grade.
>mfw they are worth bank now.
>>
Is MMX4-5-6 worth anything?
>>
>>3270402
Q: Does it have MegaMan in the title?
A: Yes, it's worth something.
>>
>>3265127
I bought this game for <$20 about 3 years ago. Then I realized someone had swiped it, as it was on the top of the stack it was in at the time after I found mega man 6 to add to the collection (I'm trying to get 1-7, X-X3). I was originally pumped when I thought I had 1-6, but pissed when I saw I was missing 1 again. Figured oh well, I'll just pick it up off Amazon or something. Looked it up, cheapest one was selling at $90. Fuck me. Mega man 1 isn't even nearly worth $40. But the collection beckons me now...
>>
>>3268796
I know how you feel. Similar thing happened to me, with the same exact systems, as well as a ton of other consoles (old NES, records, my original Playstation, and other misc things like all my bootleg cassettes and other music related stuff). Me and my family put a ton of our personal stuff in storage when we were moving to a new house and we never got it out, and they tried to charge us $400 in fees that we didn't have. So I basically lost it all and have nothing to show for it.

I did also lend my Gamecube to my uncle/cousins as well, and like 10 games or so. Of course I never saw it ever again.
>>
>>3270375
>>mfw they are worth bank now.

How poor do you have to be to think $100 is "bank"?
>>
>>3271464
Well maybe he means relatively bank. Super Mario Bros. 1-3 would only be worth about $40 combined.
>>
>>3265321
>>3265748
>People paid $60 bucks for it back in the day.
>games were 50 back then, but valid point.
No, it's not. People paid 50 for a brand new CIB game, not a second hand cartridge only with a worn label.
>>
>>3268649
Wooooooooooooooooowww.

These fake prices who are a legal robbery, i pitty you.
>>
>>3272785
They also paid 50 to rent a decent flat for a week
>>
>>3273854
Games are still 50-60 dollars brand new
>>
>>3275835
Inflation. $50 then is like $80-100 now give or take.
>>
>>3272886

Those prices are the average of games that actually sold in the past two weeks.
>>
I've literally only ever bought a hand full of games brand new. Probably the appreciation I've built on Panzer Dragoon Saga alone could cover all the losses I've taken on all the other games I've bought new combined.

When I worked at the used game store in the late 90s I built up a Mega Man 1-6 collection and they were around $20 each then some disappeared from my place during a party in the early 2000s and I didn't replace them because I specifically remember prices being more like $30.

I picked up the packaging for 6 in something like 2010-2011 for $10 because boxed was going for $40 and loose was going for $30

/blog

It does tell something about prices though.
>>
File: implying.png (109KB, 187x215px) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
109KB, 187x215px
>>3265127
>>
Can anybody point me to a site that sells MM2 for less than $25?
>>
>>3278846
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ABoFMyJgokTXHeGlXnJ4vEuU7RBkfqM8
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.