[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Think about replaying FF6 >Remember that they have it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 1464585749281.jpg (714KB, 2258x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1464585749281.jpg
714KB, 2258x1503px
>Think about replaying FF6
>Remember that they have it on steam

Wow, this is the power of a remastered version :)
>>
>>3253790
woah anon we have to support our dementia grandad or we won't get to inherit any of his delicious IPs

no matter how offensive and racist and belligerent he is
>>
>>3253790
If I remember correctly there is a mod available for the pc version that restores the original graphics. Under the hood the game is literally just the GBA version though, it actually contains the rom data of that game.

""Final Fantasy VI is sort of unique compared to the other Final Fantasys on Steam," said modder Christopher Cooper, who goes by the handle Krisan Thyme online. "Square actually have a copy of the original Final Fantasy VI inside the Steam release of Final Fantasy VI, and what they do is reference the original copy as a database to pull information such as cutscenes, where sprites are located, how the map is constructed, item stats, AI. It references all the stuff out of the original game, pulls it out, and constructs it in the new engine. It's pretty cool stuff, honestly."

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-secret-that-makes-final-fantasy-vi-pc-perfect-for-modding/
>>
>>3253790

Someone should be punched in the face for making that
>>
>>3253808
Yes, it's amazing :)
>>
It's fucking baffling.

They made new versions of V and VI for mobile. But they were only x2 resolution of the original. Meaning... why bother? It's not HD or anything. So there's no benefit.

The sprites are x2 the size. But the originals were designed like they were to pack as much detail as possible. The new sprites are bigger, but they have the same detail. And they have worse colors and less shading. Making them technically inferior.

The whole thing is utterly pointless. If they were HD I would see a point.
>>
>>3253824
The lesson here is to never start a company in Japan unless your Yakuza friend is gay.
>>
File: HDTextureCat.jpg (128KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
HDTextureCat.jpg
128KB, 512x512px
>>3253790
>>3253807
So it's basically a ROM, emulator and a shitty texture pack like picrelated?

Someone better unpack those resources pronto and repalce them with actual quality stuff.

>>3253846
No the lesson here is you can cash in on fans of the old franchise by selling them products made with even less than minimum effort.
>>
>>3253790
I want to suck on celes' mammaries!
>>
>>3253824
>they made a new game but didn't mess with the graphics boohoo
Why do kids these days continually cry over graphics? I swear to fuck. Play the goddamn game, I don't give a shit if they downgraded it to stick fucking figures if the gameplay is the same.
>>
How many times will you fags fall for the remakes, remaster, spiritual sucessor bullshit.

just emulate it retards.
>>
File: 5735.png (20KB, 217x290px) Image search: [Google]
5735.png
20KB, 217x290px
>rereleases ff7 without changing anything
>looks better than on emulator or actual psx
>rerelease ff6 with hd sprites
>looks worse than original
>>
>>3254481
>missing the pont so hard
>>
>>3254523
And what is the point? The fact that you're mad over fucking graphics?
>>
>>3254543
Not the same man that posted the post you referenced to.

Im angry that they made graphics _worse_ (I mean how the fuck did they even managed). and try to _cash in_ on the legacy.

It also takes some extra ammount of retarded not to see all that shit.
>>
>>3253790
nice bait
>>
Is Square even trying anymore?
>>
>>3253790
I hate turning on the over world map, but besides that its too tier!
>>
>>3253790
Shit nigga what are they doing? Couldnt they just emulate the original and sell that
>>
File: 1444937797619.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1444937797619.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>3253790
make it stop

if you buy that - you support those remakes, torrent only
>>
>FF1's remake looked great
>FF2's remake looked great
>FF3's remake was okay
>FF4's remakes looked great and were okay
>FF5 and FF6's remakes shit the bed
Hilarious.
>>
>>3255837
Yeah I don't get it either.

It sucks, because I love Final Fantasy VI and would probably buy it if it had a good-looking 3D remake, or even just a faithful SNES port.
>>
>>3253790
ugh
>>
>>3254498
Actually the FF7 release was altered. Most notably the lighting effects are brighter and there was different textures here and there.
>>
File: FFV_iOS_Bartz_Portrait.png (73KB, 268x281px) Image search: [Google]
FFV_iOS_Bartz_Portrait.png
73KB, 268x281px
GAY BOYS
>>
>>3254498
>>rerelease ff6 with hd sprites

They're STILL SD. They sprites are just larger than original.
>>
Snes or Sound Restoration GBA Versions are the only best versions

Here is Final Fantasy Advance IV-V-VI Sound Restoration with lots of fixes (Uncensored, Fixed Colors, Better font etc)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kp633575bspqr99/Final_Fantasy_Advance_IV-V-VI.zip

Includes mGBA emulator
>>
>>3253790
World of Ruin indeed
>>
Someone should mod this and replace the script with the Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition patch's script
>>
I hear good things about the 7-9 Steam re-releases, at least.
>>
File: 1464585847379.jpg (141KB, 673x448px) Image search: [Google]
1464585847379.jpg
141KB, 673x448px
Even when it's smaller, the differences between the polygonal town model, Celes' sprite, and the overworld are just staggering.
>>
BEST EDITIONS OF EACH FINAL FANTASY GAME
>I
20th Anniversary Edition [PSP]
>II
20th Anniversary Edition [PSP]
>III
Steam version...if you can take precautions against the save corruption bug. Otherwise, DS version will do.
>IV
PSP version for great 2D graphics, PC version for so-so 3D graphics (I recommend the PSP version)
>V
GBA
>VI
SNES, Ted Woolsey Uncensored + Bugfixes (GBA version suffers from bad sounding music that still isn't perfect with sound restoration patches, reduced screen resolution, shitty palette, and arguably a less fun script)
>VII
PS1 on CRT or PSN with the smoothing enabled. If you'd rather emulate it on PC, use shaders that soften out the whole image and make the contrast between polygons and backgrounds as less jarring as possible. The PC version allows for improved field model mods, bugfixes, and (arguably inferior in certain regards) "remastered" music, but the animations were designed for the original chibi-esque models and thus it looks bad with better models
>VIII
The Steam version has low quality FMVs and iirc you have to patch in the PS1 version's music, so you might want to go with PS1/PSN.
>IX
Steam
[!NON /vr/ ZONE!]
>X
PS4 version, because it has the original soundtrack as an option.
>XI
PC, but is this even played anymore?
>XII
PCSX2 probably looks better than it would on PS2, though there's a glitch with shadow rendering unless you switch to CPU-intensive software rendering.
>XIII
PC version WITH UPDATES. (But I heard this one sucks.)
>IX
PC version is the only way to play it, I think.
>>
>>3254438
No, they redrew all the graphics, the new graphics are just awful. In spite of the new graphics they did apply an aliasing filter though, the whole thing is a fucking mess.
>>
>>3256827
How did you mess XIV?
>>
>>3255916
That's because it's just the 90s PC Version which had some minor differences
>>
>>3256827
X is on PC now so that's better than PS4
But X/X-2 remasters have terrible new models so PS2(or PS2 Emulation on PC) is the way to go
>>
>>
>>3260085
>Nice redone backgrounds
>>3253790
>Blurry repetitive mess with some 3D models for more stylistic contrast
They do it because they know most FF fans will eat almost anything up.
>>
>>3256827
>>I
>20th Anniversary Edition [PSP]
>>II
>20th Anniversary Edition [PSP]
Lolno, they changed mechanics in both, thye don't play like the originals and they look like utter shit. PSX Origins remake is the best version of both games.

>Ted Woolsey Uncensored

Might as well leave Woosey's normal one, if you get hot and bothered by censorship but not about Woolsey rewriting characters and changing their names you're just a hypocritical moron.
>>
>>3260085
At least it looks better than that Final Fantasy travesty.
>>
>>3256827
XI is still played by a small but pretty damn loyal player base, to answer that one, can personally confirm

like enough people play it that they don't plan on shutting it down cause they still profit on it pretty heavily
>>
>>3253790
>>3253812
What the Christ
>>
>>3260115
Of course. When Chrono Trigger came out for DS, the retail price at the time was $40... when DS games were normally priced at $30.
>>
>>3256827
Holy fuck you are fucking BAD at this.

>1, 2
PSX Origins
>3
DS
>4
PSP for original flavour (and ALL of the extra content), DS for extra crispy
>5
PSN
>6
SNES or GBA, neither version is perfect
>7
PS4/Original non-Steam PC release
>8
Original non-Steam PC release
>9
PSN
>10
HD Remaster for PS4 (or PC), PS3 version is shit.
>11
PC
>12
PS2, snag IZJS if you can
>Nova Crystallis series (13, 13-2, 13-3LR, T0)
PS3/4 where applicable
>14
PC
>>
>>3260361
Square Enix sell almost all their old games at a premium, their mobile games are like, 3X the price of regular mobile games, their psp games are still at a high price point too. I suppose you could argue that the value of these games is higher as they are high production value games with dozens of hours of content, though.
>>
>>3256827
The DS and SNES versions of FF4 are the only ones you should ever play.
>>
With regards to FF9 -

>>3260385
Why PSN instead of the original PS1 version?

>>3256827
Steam version? Fucking why?
>>
>>3260385
>3
>DS
>when every other version is superior
>>
>>3260407
But FF4 GBA is better
>>
How come every /vr/ FF thread turns into "best FF version" shitposting?
>>
>>3260509
Because people don't play it anymore, and so they get into ridiculous arguments.
>>
>>3260509
The best version is always the one you played, everyone else's subjective experience is wrong and they need to be corrected.
>>
>>3254481
>>3254543

It'd be one thing if the game was a NEW game. A NEW IP. But this is a supposed "remaster" of a supposedly "legendary" video game but it looks like fucking ass.

It isn't JUST about "wah wah the graphics!" its that its 2016, this is Final Fantasy possibly the most well known RPG series from Japan and the FACE of video game RPGs, and we still get shit like OP's pic related. No game deserves to be butchered like that, least of all Final Fantasy.
>>
>>3260509

because you always have fags that think they need to share their opinions and other fags get butthurt about said opinions

>implying you aren't just a hipster for loving FF6, a furry for loving FF9, a drone for loving FF7, a faggot for loving FF8, and a nostalgia turd for loving FF1

It's incessant and part of why I don't come into FF threads as often anymore. The way I see it all FF opinions are valid provided you don't think 13 is worth a shit.
>>
>>3260661

>a furry for loving FF9

And to add onto this, its absolutely ridiculous to think someone is a furry for liking this game.
>>
It's almost as if this game is meant to be played on a smaller screen or something.
>>
>>3260513
>The best version is always the one you played

What if you've gone through multiple versions and picked one that wasn't your initial experience? Some of us have actually done that.
>>
>>3260681
Stop buying the same game over and over you shill.
>>
>>3256827
XIII does suck until about halfway in, then it picks up. However it's a total slog until you get to that. Not played the sequels.
>>
>>3254456
A noble endeavor
>>
>thinking this looks bad
The original looked like shit.
>>
File: Amano_Japan-0013.jpg (798KB, 1618x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Amano_Japan-0013.jpg
798KB, 1618x2048px
i want a version where it's just scanned in yoshitaka amano drawings.

something like this for the in game sprites, and more realistic proportions for character portraits etc.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.