[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a lego games thread, I used to love these games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: lego.png (139KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
lego.png
139KB, 2000x2000px
Let's have a lego games thread, I used to love these games back in the 90s and even a few of the early 00s games. Hell, I was playing lego rock raiders just earlier today, my first RTS game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
LEGO Island was surprisingly fun for such a cheap tie-in.
>>
>>3252530
What do you mean by cheap tie in?
>>
>>3252787
>cheap

Does this game look like a AAA or even a B-tier game to you?

>tie-in
As in a video game based on the popular block brand. There's probably a better term but I'm too tired.
>>
>>3252797
OK I see what you mean. The late 90s Lego games is when it started looking pretty good.
>>
I really liked the lego racers game on PS1.
It was pretty much a Mario Kart clone but had one big advantage over that game in that you could make your own cars.
>>
File: LegoChess.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LegoChess.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>3252523
>>
File: Lego_Creator_Cover.jpg (63KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
Lego_Creator_Cover.jpg
63KB, 397x402px
Probably the most disappointing game of my childhood
>>
>>3252917
Only thing I hated was this one bug that caused a brick to move away indefinitely on its own. It made the game unplayable.
>>
>>3252812
Lego Racers, which I played on PC, is amazing, but way too easy to win by just spamming green block with all upgrades. Portal and win.

They made a sequel which they killed by making it open world and yet bland as fuck and by limiting the amount of blocks you could use for your cars. And everything felt way, way more generic.

>>3252917
I had the Knights Kingdom version. I had more fun with Colobot than that shit.
>>
>>3253050
Funny how everything but the final race was extremely easy, RR was a cheating bastard.

Also, I didn't think the sequel was bland or generic. Not as good as the original, but still fairly decent.
>>
>>3252917
I got this from a cereal box. I enjoyed it but my PC was too shit to run it well at the time. Even if you say it's disappointing I still kind of want to find it and get it running on my current rig again.
>>
>>3253107
I thought Veronica Voltage's time trial was harder than RR's race, mostly because it seemed like there's not nearly as many power-ups in the ghost stages.

Also even if the game was easy, my kid self had a very hard time in Chapter 3's stages and its mirrors. Everything else was rather vanilla.

I did appreciate the multitude of secrets.
>>
>>3252530
This shit was my jam. The ost is awesome
>>
>>3253351
Also by the way the GBA version of this is full of memes
>>
>>3253360
such as?
>>
>>3253389
All your bricks are belong to us
>>
>>3252957
why on earth did that happen
>>
>>3252530
I love how the game had a story to it, but it was basically just optional and the real meat of gameplay came from simply exploring and playing mini games. Easily still one of the best Lego titles to this day.
>>
>>3252957
That used to piss me off so much.
>>
>>3254910
Dunno, it was just a bug they either didn't notice or didn't care to fix. Given by how often it showed up, I'm going to assume they just didn't care to fix it.
>>
>>3252874
my childhood
>>
File: Lego Racers 2.jpg (178KB, 1024x881px) Image search: [Google]
Lego Racers 2.jpg
178KB, 1024x881px
>>3252523
Got this at a school fair with my lunch money one afternoon and never looked back

still play it to this day.
>>
>>3259247
cool, always loved that game.
>>
I'm the DUDE with the FOOD
>>
File: file.png (188KB, 388x308px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
188KB, 388x308px
I loved the first Lego Island game. I was really young when I played it so the entire thing feels so surreal and I was so immersed in it when I played it. Sadly I never got the version with the Infomaniac but I made my own Bill Ding.

I still listen to the OST when I feel nostalgic about Lego. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpiLrZPj4g
>>
File: lego-battles_007.jpg (21KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
lego-battles_007.jpg
21KB, 300x225px
although it's not /vr/, i really enjoyed lego battles on the DS. prepared me early for starcraft and other RTSs
>>
>>3262192
Were there different versions?

It was a pretty damn surreal game.
>>
>>3252917
>disappointing

How? That shit was fun
>>
File: Lego_Rock_Raiders_Coverart.png (169KB, 256x317px) Image search: [Google]
Lego_Rock_Raiders_Coverart.png
169KB, 256x317px
Hands down the best Lego game ever. Call my opinion unpopular but I've never liked the Traveller's Tales Lego games or their braindead gameplay and cringeworthy attempts at humor.
>>
>>3259247
Is there a functional online for either of the Lego Racers?
>>
>>3259247
Man nigga
>>
>>3264067
I still have not been able to beat this game.
>>
>>3264067
My nigga, I wish Lego would go back to making games like they did before it was just adaptions of Warner Bros and Marvel stuff. Only thing I didn't like was how dumb the AI was at times. Always having to walk miles back to HQ to eat a sandwich they could have eaten wherever and if you need to build something far away, they'll go back to HQ to get the ore rather than using one nearby.
>>
File: file.png (166KB, 710x362px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
166KB, 710x362px
>>3263715
Some came with bonus figs and some didn't. I have no idea why. I never bought Lego Creator but I remember my friend got a minifig in that.

It makes me laugh out there are Lego Minecraft sets now.

Mata Nui Online was another Lego game that was a part of my childhood. I was 10 or 11 when I played it. I remember how mindfucked I was that the big bad was just in the body of the villager and that he controlled a "void" which was just a pile of unsorted Lego.
>>
>>3264067
We got our first family pc in 2000. That year my little brother got Rock Raiders for christmas (he was 8 at that time and never really cared for strategy), but it was me who got hooked immediately. Sadly the disc somehow got lost and I haven't been able to find it yet. The cardboard case is still there, however.
>>
File: 8428 Turbo Command.png (796KB, 666x503px) Image search: [Google]
8428 Turbo Command.png
796KB, 666x503px
Only retro LEGO game I played was a pack-in with a Technic set my parents bought me, and it played like total shit.
Kinda like the RC car sections in the Mega Drive Toy Story game, but worse.
>>
>>3252917
childhood game, apart from moving brick bug it was fun as hell
>>3253050
>Colobot
My nigga
>>
>>3266391
>I never bought Lego Creator but I remember my friend got a minifig in that.
His name is biker bob, i've got him somewhere
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.