[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are all the MTG faggo's? >turn two=Winter Orb.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

File: winter-orb_medium.jpg (33KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
winter-orb_medium.jpg
33KB, 200x285px
Where are all the MTG faggo's?
>turn two=Winter Orb.
The look on peoples faces when that happened.
Also shutting down a grave deck with Grafters Cage+Rest In Peace. That's always awesome.
>>
>>3249272
Somewhere in /tg/ I think?
>>
Wrong board, but fuck do I love stasis decks.
>>
File: tournament legal.png (1008KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
tournament legal.png
1008KB, 1024x736px
>>3249285

naw this is the right board
>>
File: mtg_1 (1).jpg (158KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mtg_1 (1).jpg
158KB, 800x600px
Yeah.... almost could be retro since MTG Duels of the Planeswalkers is a PC game that came out in 97, and Winter Orb was in Ice Age (95) but uh... GrafDIGGER's Cage and RiP are really recent (imo) trash.

If you wanna talk retro DotP, I'm down for that. Was pretty fun wandering around looking for the power nine cards.
>>
There was this game too I saw at my store but I passed on it.
>>
Are these games fun for someone that's never touched MtG before? Always wanted to try this game, but I literally don't know anyone IRL who plays. Does it have a tutorial?
>>
>>3249371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCSwYO2TEhk
>>
Winter Orb is back in the new set, which is basically, "Let's bring back classic power cards for every colour at once". Winter Orb! Necropotence! Swords to Plowshares!
>>
>>3249410
They brought Necropotence back? Shit. If they bring back Dark Ritual too I may have to build a deck.
>>
File: basalt monolith.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
basalt monolith.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>3249272
Basalt Monolith user here. 60+ mana second turn without doing shit during my untap phase
>>
Is there such a thing as atmosphere coming from cards? Because the aesthetic of old MTG is so great, so alluring. I love how the flavor text uses real life poetry and doesn't have so many jokes, and how the art looks less like modern D&D and more like vintage paintings.
>>
>>3249287
>>3249291
>>3249436
I would give my left nut to have a remake of the game with the exact same interface but with modern decks included.
>>
>>3249806
There is a heavily modded version with new cards:

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=898
>>
>>3249849
Download links are gone though.

Nice to know it exists, regardless.
>>
>>3249947
Keep reading. The directly linked iso's may be dead, but there's other download links you can use for the original game files. Then you just need the patch.

OR!

You can use the 2010 ISO here:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=2349

OR!

Find the base game elsewhere, install, and get the Manalink 3.0 patch from here(cards current as of 2014ish)
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6401
>>
I like making the most hilariously broken decks.
My black/white has both sanguine bond and exquisite blood with crypt ghasts and boon reflection.
My mono black wither has necroskitters, kulrath knights, midnight banshees, more crypt ghasts and contagion engine.
>>
>>3251282
Ayy

Good shit
Thanks
>>
File: favcombo.jpg (253KB, 669x310px) Image search: [Google]
favcombo.jpg
253KB, 669x310px
Post combofus
>>
>>3252002
Don't wanna use the .torrent? Well, there's a mediafire link too!

https://www.mediafire.com/?6hwia9dbi0q9m#oa8px217n418g

>>3251295
I first beat the game with a black/white, but the final boss beat me, so I came back next time with the cheapest deck you can make. Blue/red, nothing but counterspells, time walks, timetwisters, ancestral recalls, winds of changes, disintegrates, and fireballs, with some Howling Mines and a Library of Leng or two. By the 3rd turn the combo was in full swing and the boss never got another turn.
>>
File: 1slash1banding.jpg (14KB, 256x207px) Image search: [Google]
1slash1banding.jpg
14KB, 256x207px
Who /benalish/ here
>>
>>3252036

Holy fuck that first card
>>
>>3249806
>exact same interface

The same interface that lets you tap your opponent's lands on their turn during the upkeep phase so they mana burn themselves before the main phase?

Yeah, no thanks.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>3252240
Yup, it's pretty comical.
Worth noting here too for those that didn't realize, Fling is cast while the Dreadnoughts ETB effect is on the stack, allowing you to sac him for Fling without having to sacrifice creatures with a total power of 12.

He's also really /devlish/ in torpor orb decksalong with pic related and the Hunted cards from the original Ravnica block
>>
>>3249947
Just play forge instead. It's the successor of the manalink kluge.
>>
>>3252036

But you can't cast fling on the Dreadnought because when he comes into play, you must sacrifice creatures with power to 12, or bury Phyrexian Dreadnought. It's the condition to play the card, fling can't be used on him.
>>
>>3253814

Disregard this post, I just looked into it because I was curious. Wow, what a fucking combo, I'm gonna make a deck around this to fuck with my buddies.
>>
>>3252036
Why is modern M:tG such cancer bros
>>
>>3252246
I tried it this very second and you can't.
>>
File: stuff (2).jpg (887KB, 1840x2435px) Image search: [Google]
stuff (2).jpg
887KB, 1840x2435px
I'll try to make it /vr/ related.
>>
>>3252036
holy fug
>>
>>3254230
Fuuuuuuck
>>
>>3254229
Yes you can, stop being retarded.
>>
>>3252386
Combos work differently depending on what rules you are playing though. The stack didn't exist when Dreadnought was printed.
>>
>>3255083
Old cards play by the new rules. That's why old cards that break the game suddenly become extremely valuable - such as a great deal of interrupts now playing like instants.
>>
>>3255105
The combo everyone talked about when I was a kid was cloning the dreadnought by playing both at the same time. To this day I don't know if it was legal because it certainly doesn't work now and no one cares about older versions of the rules (for good reason).
>>
>>3255108
>no one cares about older versions of the rules (for good reason).

Amen, brother.
>>
File: win the game.jpg (34KB, 312x444px) Image search: [Google]
win the game.jpg
34KB, 312x444px
how do white decks even compete?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>3249294
You didn't miss much, it's actually a pretty bad game. I played it, I tried hard to get into it and enjoy it, but it's just plain bad.

>>3255376
These days? Pic related. Shandalar? Swords to Plowshares or Reverse Damage, depending on the threat.
>>
>>3249291
does anyone have a version of this that doesn`t freeze?
>>
>>3255724
If you really want it as stable as it can get, make a virtual machine and install XP or XP SP1. Even then you should save often, since it still crashes occasionally.
>>
>>3255724

just download the windows 7 version from slightlymagic.

It has crashed perhaps once in a few hundred hours for me.
>>
>>3249415
Not really a "new set" more of just a reprint of old stuff. Eternal Masters just like what they did with Modern Masters for slightly newer cards. They're still only legal in the formats they were printed in.

I can't wait to spend 30 bucks a pop to draft it though
>>
>>3255064
No you can't. I saw no mention of it outside this thread.
>>
>>3255064
>>3257040
It was a bug in some very early version of the game, fixed in like 1997.
>>
>>3255724
Even the original version doesn't freeze on Windows 7. All you have to do is to set the desktop resolution to a 4:3 resolution before starting the game.
>>
>>3249287
>that apprentice wizard art.

>muh nostalgia
>>
>>3249714
Ditto.

Have they ever re-released an old version of the cards? I havn't been into magic in forever but miss the cards and would probably collect a reprint of the old ones.
>>
>>3252386
Even without fling, with Varolz you can just have him around for easy 12 counters for 2 mana.
>>
>>3256837
I should really sell off my high-dollar cards before they bust the value out of them like that. Last I checked Necropotence was banned though.
>>
>>3260918
Necropotence was reprinted in a core set (5th) so releases aren't going to effect its value negatively.

It isn't banned in all formats. Its also legal in the wildly popular EDH format.
>>
>>3255683
so i know fast effect is a dead term apparently, but could this be cast right as someone else tried something and be put below it on the stack?
>>
>>3260943
I don't believe so, they already put their spell on the stack so it has already been cast, just not resolved. You really have to have the feeling they are going to do something big and cast it during their upkeep or something. Or during your own turn, of course.
>>
>>3260708
They don't reprint sets but Time Spiral reprinted some old cards and designed many others to look like the old MTG format. One of my favourite sets.
>>
>>3260943
>>3260954
In all honesty, I keep them in my hand for when I'm looking to make a power play and I don't want my opponent doing anything funny. I'm getting ready to attack someone running green? SILENCE, there will be no Fog today. I see green just got enough mana on the board for Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede and I need to buy time? SILENCE, you can attack but no boosting.

If nothing else it forces a blue opponent to use up counterspells or risk not being able to counter something nasty. Unless they are throwing Force of Wills, then it helps force a blue player to use up more mana than what you use to cast it, which helps in overwhelming a blue player so you can get stuff past counterspells.

You know your opponent is having a bad day when Silence alone locks him down for a full turn. For these reasons I consider Silence to be the most powerful 1 mana white instant. Holy Day is a handy Fog, Visions is pretty damn handy, but Silence has won more than a few games for me.
>>
>>3249272
>/v/ has Yu-gi-oh threads
>/vr/ has magic threads

seems about right
>>
File: specialoffer.png (85KB, 328x383px) Image search: [Google]
specialoffer.png
85KB, 328x383px
I missed out on getting rich with early MTG.

What's the likelihood of a new "money" tcg appearing?
>>
>>3262248
None. The most popular new "card" games that came out are Hearthstone and Gwent.
>>
>>3262316
There's a newer game catching a bit of hype called Force of Will. It's like Magic, except you're guaranteed a land every turn and you get to play with anime girls.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.