[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which had the best map? http://www.strawpoll.me/10311160 Whi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Metroid 1 2 3 4.png (2MB, 2057x500px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid 1 2 3 4.png
2MB, 2057x500px
Which had the best map?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10311160
Which had the best game design?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10311165
>>
I haven t finished 2 yet...
>>
Speaking strictly map design, Fusion had the best. They managed to make a convincing layout of what a biological research laboratory in space would feel like. The other games... it's just kinda random.
>>
Metroid Fusion is one of my favorite games. That being said...

NOT RETRO

FUCK OFF
>>
Super Metroid is gonna win both polls, because /vr/ is full of casuals who only play easy games.

NEW RULE: YOU CAN ONLY VOTE IN THE POLL IF YOU HAVE BEATEN ALL 3 RETRO METROID GAMES WITHOUT USING STATES

If the above rule applied, the original Metroid would have far more votes. But Metroid 1 is gonna lose the poll, because casuals only vote for games that "pretend" to offer them a challenge.

After the poll is over, they'll probably go play Chrono Trigger and some of that other "babby's first vidya game" shit that makes 'em feel like real gamers.

Not gonna respond to any replies to this comment. Stay mad Super Metroid fagboys, and enjoy being wrong.
>>
Super metroid is cancer. Metroid 1 & 2 are the only good ones
>>
File: Facebook-271ddb.png (173KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook-271ddb.png
173KB, 500x758px
>>3243409
>>3243417
holy fuck this isn't even bait its just the hook
>>
>>3243409
metroid really does have the best map of the three
I don't think I would accuse it of having better game design than 2 or 3 though, even though norfair was really good
>>
>>3243434
>Metroid
>Best map
If you like copy pasted halls and rooms that look exactly the same yeah.
>>
>>3243409
All platforming games are for babies. Play competitive games if you wanna act elitist, fag.

>HURRR I CAN LEARN IT THRU REPEATING IT
>>
Why not Include Metroid Prime?

It came out in the same year and generation as Metroid Fusion.
>>
>>3243361
>all those votes for Super

The power of nostalgia goggles.
>>
Super Metroid is winning.

Translation: /vr/ sucks at Metroid 1. Played it for ten minutes, then raged and quit.

git gud
>>
File: 1455393968015.jpg (55KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1455393968015.jpg
55KB, 500x420px
>>3243498
Super Metroid is winning because its the best designed game and Metroid is an outdated dinosaur that isn't fun to play.
>>
>>3243512
>/v/ reaction image
>>
>>3243361
Why is Fusion even on the list? It's not retro and its has the most mediocre linear map out of the four.
>>
>>3243470
Congratulations, you completely missed the point of Metroid's world design.
>>
All Metroid games are trash that reward exploration over actual skill.
>>
>>3243603

Confirmed for never having played Metroid 1 and 2.
>>
>>3243604
Those are even worse, because the bosses in them are a fucking joke.
>>
>>3243512
>Metroid is an outdated dinosaur that isn't fun to play.
I find it incredibly fun and satisfying to play.
>>
>>3243603
>its the game's fault you spent all that extra time exploring for five health tanks instead of actually beating the bosses fast enough to get a good ending
k
>>
>>3243695
The game shouldn't have the extra health tanks, period. It panders to casuals who need nine health bars to beat a game.
>>
>>3243705
the endings are the reward you moron
having a short difficult and a long easy way of beating a game is one of the best ways to expand your audience, it isn't pandering at all
if you want to be a retarded elitist faggot you still have the endings to brag about, as if your faggot ass ever saw her without a suit
>>
>>3243727
>m-m-m-muh endings
Wow you get to see a pixelated girl in lingerie, big fucking deal. You're still playing a casual game for scrubs.
>>
>>3243742
>>>/v/
have you even beaten anything besides super
>>
>>3243750
>thinks Super is the only casual Metroid
Have you beaten any game that isn't published by Nintendo?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.