[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to get into the X series more. I have X1 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: megamanxcol_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg (96KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
megamanxcol_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg
96KB, 350x500px
I'm starting to get into the X series more. I have X1 for SNES, but I don't have the others.
Should I buy this? Is it faithful? Is there any problems with them? I heard that the PS2 version uses the PS1 version of X3, so I'm not sure if I should play that or play the SNES version on my Wii's SNES emulator.
Also, how is the non-X collection?
>>
Didn't you post this last week?
>>
The X Collection was programmed by Capcom in-house, so it is of excellent quality. The only minor issue is that for the PS1 games, the tracks fade out after playing for like 12 minutes (longer than you would feasibly stay on a stage) before starting over again. Which i mean, is utterly negligible.

The only real difference between the PS1 and SNES release of X3 is the changed soundtrack, so unless you are absolutely in love with the guitars for X3, it won't be a huge bother. While a few of the arrangements aren't the best, others are quite nice and on the whole it is a satisfactory job.

compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m50ZidEsgY

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmErF0UdOIY

It's worth it to have the X collection over the individual games themselves.

The classic collection (PS2/GC) sucks. It was done by hacks who couldn't even emulate the SNES's Mode7. Something that fucking ZSNES figured out over a decade ago. Avoid it.

I don't know about the Legacy Collection, but it was made by the losers who did Capcom Classics Collection, who gave us blurry, filtered games with game-pausing achievement screens and other cases of fuckery.
>>
I think the version of X6 on this doesn't has any voice acting.
>>
File: X4_zerostand.jpg (195KB, 878x842px) Image search: [Google]
X4_zerostand.jpg
195KB, 878x842px
>>3242935
X4 is the only X game worth playing.

Debate me, Megamanchildren.
>>
>>3244306
X2 is fun and the first game is pretty solid and has a top tier soundtrack.
>>
Install freemcboot to a memory card and just download the .iso instead of wasting money.
>>
>>3244296
Does the voice acting matter? Also, how much is X6 usually?
>>
>>3244315
I'd have to burn a disc, but I don't own any blank discs or know what kind to even get.
>>
>>3244306

The only outright terrible X game is X7 and Im tired of posts like yours to be frank. Ignore this anon, OP.

X1-X4 are the must play games, play X8 to wrap up the series, and play X5 and X6 if youre an addict and need more. Play X7 if you want a crash course in how to fuck up a game series.

Its that simple OP
>>
>>3244306
X4 is a clunky turd next to the Snes games. Filthy Zero cocksuckers.
>>
>>3244520
>clunky turd
How so? X4 plays much faster than the SNES trilogy, and it still has good level design compared to later entries.

Are you just upset Capcom dropped Nintendo in favour of PSX/Saturn?
>>
>>3244535
>X4 plays much faster than the SNES trilogy
You must be high.
>it still has good level design compared to later entries
Faint praise considering how abysmal later stuff is.
>Are you just upset Capcom dropped Nintendo in favour of PSX/Saturn?
This has nothing to do with the quality of the games. You must be an expert at moving goalposts and shitposting.
>>
File: ps2xcollection.jpg (535KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ps2xcollection.jpg
535KB, 1000x750px
>>3242935
>Should I buy this?

Yes, now how many do you want? Just one or a full bouquet?
>>
>>3244520
>X4 is a clunky turd next to the Snes games.

2 and 3 are some of the blandest MM titles of the entire decade
>>
The X Collection is worth it just to be able to play Armored Armadillo stage without slowdown: https://youtu.be/WIoKz9e2iXQ

Sucks that they didn't do the same for the following games in the collection.
>>
>>3242979
Legacy is mostly just ROMs running on an emu outside of what you've mentioned, so at least the actual game quality is better than the collection.
>>
>>3244498
X5 is a legitimately great game
>>
>>3245337
Not really, but at least it's not X6.
>>
>>3245345
why not?

>great music
>interesting levels
>playing as X doesn't suck
>>
>>3244621
Why do you have so many, anon?
>>
>>3245345
>at least it's not X6

I actually like X6 better. The atmosphere, the way the story is presented, the lack of a time system, Zero's awesome new saber, Gate being a great villain, Alia being optional, the killer soundtrack... It's an unfinished mess at times, but at others, it's hinting at something spectacular.
>>
>>3245351
got em cheap off a guy and gave a bunch out as gifts to friends, spread the X love.

Now I'm thinking I should give them out with PS2's just to make sure people don't buy the craptastic legacy collection.
>>
>>3242935
Definitely buy it I absolutely love this collection
along with anniversary collection because of all the extra stuff and extra games.
The games are all faithful ports as well.

>>3244306
X6 is one of my all time favorites but honestly
I love all the X series games up to X6 along with
Z series and ZX.
>>
I have both the X Collection and Anniversary Collection, and I think the X Collection plays much closer to the actual games... The only thing I wish AC had done different was give us Complete Works versions of each game
>>
>>3242935
I like how it has an actual save screen where you can see things specific to each game (like hours left in X5 or ride armors in X3), the anniversary collection kinda missed this.
>>
>>3245939
I'm interested in playing the X-Series. I can easily emulate the SNES ones but my laptop is too shit for anything beyond the N64 cause I'm a poor fag (thus the emulation). How much for a copy? I have a backwards compatible ps4 so I'm set with that. Also I'm in Australia, will that shit up any plans?
>>
>>3244621

How much are you selling it for m8?

I gave my copy away to my poor nephew out of state along with an old extra PS2 I had. I kind of regret it. I don't even know if he enjoyed them.
>>
>>3244306
HA HA YEAH HA YEAH HA HA
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10337184
>>
>>3251951
>8 votes for Mega Man 8
Wow, that's kind of surprising.

9 would be my favorite.
X4 would be my favorite X game, though I love X1 almost as much.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.