[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good? Any luck emulating it? I hear Saturn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Guardian Heroes.jpg (254KB, 767x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian Heroes.jpg
254KB, 767x1169px
Is this game any good?

Any luck emulating it? I hear Saturn emulation sucks.
>>
File: guardianoqda3o1_500.gif (553KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
guardianoqda3o1_500.gif
553KB, 500x448px
>>3240489
Just get the XBLA/PSN port. It's pretty good.

I really like the game, but it's best with friends. If you like beat em ups you should enjoy it.
>>
It is decent, though would you need a controller to input its street-fighter-esque commands. I could never beat it single-player; I needed someone else (I'd play as Nicole and spam her magic while my friend was the bruiser).

I think it is a good game, but it's a little uneven: lots of fighting huge mobs over and over again by the end game, and huge walls of text that you have to sit through (one mid-game point is where the game decides to dump ALL of its plot into one scene that goes on forever).

There is an XBLA port that I don't know if you can access on an Xbone, but that is a good cheap alternative on consoles. Emulating it on the latest SSF should not be too hard; Saturn emulation has come a long way and I don't have trouble emulating 3D Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon Saga on my old laptop.
>>
>fantastic jazzy music
>mediocre fighting gameplay
>characters are either broken or shit
>the JRPG elements casualise it a bit
>plane system you either love or hate
>branching paths/alternate endings
>little slowdown despite lots of action
>6-player versus can get crazy fun

It's alright, but there are better beat 'em ups. The two Kamitani D&D games come to mind.
>>
It's pretty fucking great. I haven't emulated Saturn in a while but last I checked emulators had gotten decent.
>>
>>3240515
>Saturn emulation has come a long way and I don't have trouble emulating 3D Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon Saga on my old laptop
What emulator are you using?
>>
>>3240518
>>little slowdown despite lots of action
Whooooahooo, we must have been playing different games. Once there were 15 giant ogres on the screen, with three characters (2 + Mr skeltal) and magic effects, the game can get pretty darn slow.
>>
>>3240547
SSF, the latest beta or whatever, like I said.
>>
>>3240518
The D&D games are absolute fucking shit on Saturn.
>>
Finally getting to play as Mr Skeletal after you 100% was the coolest shit ever.
>>
>>3240563
Then play the arcade versions or the new PC collection.
>>
i've tried like 20 games on SSF and everything works nearly perfectly, even the french version of the mansion of hidden souls. the "saturn emulation sucks" meme needs to stop
>>
>>3240512
>PSN

wait what?
>>
>>3240723
>SSF
>Windows-only
>no option for OpenGL video
>proprietary, closed-source code
>last major update was 2+ years ago
>doesn't like Nvidia graphics cards for some reason
>certain games only work with certain versions of SSF
>only compatible mounting tool is Chinese spyware
>the alternative is yabause, which runs every game horribly

Saturn emulation is still a joke.
>>
>>3240560
>>3240723
I downloaded the SSF several times, and the application wouldn't even start. It always said "error."
>>
>>3240489
>Is this game any good?
It's one of treasures weakest games. Probably my most regretted purchase. Play silhouette mirage or radiant silvergun on Saturn instead.
>>3240489
>Any luck emulating it?
Works perfectly.
>>3240489
>I hear Saturn emulation sucks.
Incorrect. That is a meme.
>>
>>3240754
>Saturn emulation works
Then how come the SSF I always download never even starts up?
>>
>>3240794
You're either missing bios or dont have CD-rom loaded with saturn game.
>>
>>3240827
>You're either missing bios or dont have CD-rom loaded with saturn game.
I'll check it out. Thanks!
>>
>>3240512
>PSN

Don't talk crap mate. It never happened.
>>
>>3240727
>>3240859
literally check PSN right now
it's available for Vita
>>
>>3240732
>Chinese spyware
So? Just keep a separate cracked Windows partition/build for the shady stuff. Kids these days.
>>
>>3240732
Shima was outed as a former NSA asset not that long ago, so it makes since his emulator only accepts chinky spyware.
>>
I really want to play this, but my only controller option is my PS3 controller and I can not figure out a comfortable layout for this game. Wish I still had my Saturn.
>>
>>3240742
>I downloaded the SSF several times, and the application wouldn't even start. It always said "error."

It won't start if you don't have a CD drive.
>>
>>3240732
>Windows-only
What else would you want to run it on? Linux is for servers, OSX is for hipsters and content creators, and phones are nowhere near powerful enough.

>no option for OpenGL video
It goes a step further and can use OpenCL.

>last major update was 2+ years ago
Last major update was less than 2 weeks ago.

>doesn't like Nvidia graphics cards for some reason
Only cucks and CUDA developers like Nvidia cards.

>certain games only work with certain versions of SSF
I recall only maybe two, Croc and Rayman. Not exactly a big loss.

>only compatible mounting tool is Chinese spyware
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/10-free-software-to-mount-cd-or-dvd-iso-image-file-as-virtual-drives/

>the alternative is yabause, which runs every game horribly
because it is meant to be a debugger, not something to play games with.

>Saturn emulation is still a joke.
You forgot "posted from my iPhone".
>>
>using an emulator for disc-based consoles
How fucking lazy are you? Just get the system for $30 and swap trick that shit.
>>
>>3240512
What if I'm a loser with no Xbox, PS3/4/V?
>>
>>3245175
Vita's cheap now. Sony probably won't be supporting it next year.
>>
>>3240732
You forgot to mention that the does what it set out to do, which is actually emulate Saturn games, which it does.

Having minor grievances is not a reason to put an emulator that actually works when lacking proper alternatives.
>>
>>3245148
>linux is for servers
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the fucking awesome games I play in GNU/Linux, Winchild. Enjoy getting fucked over by Microsoft spying on everything you do.
>>
>>3245170
Now you've done it, here comes the replies by ham-handed kids that have ruined their Saturn by sucking at doing the swap trick and will tell you it's shit.
>>
>>3245291
>b-b-b-but muh laser degradation myth
>>
File: 1453188231846.jpg (21KB, 389x298px) Image search: [Google]
1453188231846.jpg
21KB, 389x298px
>>3245148

>windows
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.