[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I never actually beat Sonic 2. I'm gonna play it, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Specialstage1.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Specialstage1.png
4KB, 256x224px
So, I never actually beat Sonic 2. I'm gonna play it, but I just realized something.
You can disable Tails being in the game, which would make special stages WAAAY easier, but I feel like I shouldn't because it's supposed to impose a challenge.
What should I do?
>>
>>3240471
>You can disable Tails being in the game, which would make special stages WAAAY easier
How so? I didn't think Tails can take damage and cost you rings. If anything, I thought playing WITH Tails makes it easier because he can help you collect rings you miss.
>>
>>3240484
I just remember losing rings because of him. Pretty sure he can help you lose them, but he can also collect them.
>>
>>3240484
he collects the rings you miss because his reactions are slightly delayed compared to sonic's.

same way he gets rings is the same way he gets hit, often. bomb groups are way harder to avoid due to precise timing
>>
>>3240471
>What should I do?
The game gives you the option of playing as Sonic alone, so it's not cheating. It's preference. Do you want Tails added help of collecting rings, at the risk he'll take a hit? Or rely on using Sonic alone?

Sounds like you're figuring out which method and strategy you wish to use. Personally, I like playing with Tails.
>>
I used to play mostly as Tails growing up but nowadays I can't even stand the little shit following me around.
>>
File: 1415475271837.png (117KB, 401x312px) Image search: [Google]
1415475271837.png
117KB, 401x312px
I just play as Tails solo.

Once you get all the chaos emeralds as Sonic the game stops being fun.
>>
>>3240497
Agreed, Tails helps.

>>3240570
>Once you get all the chaos emeralds as Sonic the game stops being fun.

It's a good game, but not one you can play over and over and never get tired.
>>
>>3240471
>Tails somehow gets in front of you
>You can't switch back
>>
>>3240612
Haven't played the bonus game in 20 years but I think you just needed to jump.
>>
>>3240497
This. He might be able to grab some rings that you miss, but on the other hand, he might also run into bombs that you dodge.

If you disable Tails, you need to get a smaller number of rings on the special stages. When the ring goals are smaller and Tails is not there to fuck shit up, you've got a better control of the situation.

He is mostly a nuisance, IMO. He should be enabled only if you want to challenge your skills, or if you've got a pal who can grab his controls.
>>
>>3240616
Tails also jumps to keep the same positioning.
>>
>>3240471
>not playing as Miles
Just die already
>>
>>3240643
>Playing as casual fox
>>
>>3240612
I don't think that's even possible. If you jump to switch positions, he'll also jump; if you hit a bomb, chances are you ran into a cluster of them in which case he gets hit by one too. And if you run into bombs then you'll have bigger problems than who runs first.

>>3240484
The tally is higher when you play in coop, you have to collect more rings.
>>
>>3240779
>I don't think that's even possible
Trust me. It's rare but has happened to me before.
>>
How do play as tails
>>
>>3240471
lol series made for literal autists on a shit tier system
>>
>>3240818
Still less autistic than Mario, Bonk, Crash, and Commander Keen.
>>
>>3240818
I think its you who is the autist here friend.
>>
>>3240826
How is Sonic not more autistic than any of those characters?
>>
>>3240851
>Mario
You play as an autistic manchild hallucinating he's in a medieval world overrun by turtles.

>Bonk
You play as an autistic child that uses his head to smash things, giving him brain damage.

>Crash
You play as an aussie so autistic he's the only character in his series that can't speak.

>Commander Keep
The kid is so autistic, he has to wear a retard helmet to keep him from hurting himself.

Let's face it, Sonic is the least autistic mascot out there.
>>
>Start up Sonic 2 to test how big the difference is ring-wise in co-op vs 1p
>reset the game after each run and redo with different settings
>apparently the game saves your emerald count between resets.
Huh.
Welp, time to see if I can get Super Sonic in Emerald Hill.
>>
>>3240471
>So, I never actually beat Sonic 2
I beat it when I was like 8
how noob are you desu
>>
>>3240471
>thinking that rings are useless in Sonic Heroes
>>
>>3240616
>in Sonic Heroes you just needed to stay on top
>>
>>3240873
You can, and it's not even hard. Much easier to do with Knuckles though, since he doesn't get his rings removed after a special stage.

The trick also works on Sonic 1, and is much more useful there, since the special stages are less plentiful and way more annoying.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.